Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

You must log in to post.

coganc

Mar 29, 2005, 3:35 PM

Not all customers are bad

I posted in the lounge earlier about a customer yelling at me first thing this morning. It was supposed to be here but I messed up and clicked the wrong forum.

Anyway, the customer just came and apologized to me for his behavior and asked what he needed to do to get his phone fixed. I have been selling phones for almost five years and that is the first time a customer has apologized and admitted he was wrong. I was very impressed.
4 replies
ralph_on_me

Mar 31, 2005, 1:16 PM

call friends far, far away

I must say that I believe that next month my store will look better than it ever has. I can let my geeky side shine through, and probably get away with dressing up like Star Wars characters the entire month.
8 replies
armyofun

Mar 31, 2005, 12:49 AM

Telesales reps and Relay calls

Has anybody here who takes inboud calls ever taken a call from a relay station for TTY or TDD?
8 replies
mikedat

Mar 30, 2005, 10:27 AM

Suggestions...On a Nextel Employee plan

Here is my predicament.....I have a Nextel $10-15 a month demo line w/ 1000cell and 1000 or unlimited direct connect minutes. I have had the phone for 2 years since I left the dealer that I worked for and it was never shut off. I use it very rarely, but keep it since it is so cheap. Anyway, I have an old i1000(no sim) and was wondering if anyone had any suggestions as to how I may be able to swap the number to a newer phone without raising any red flags? Worse comes to worse, I will keep the 1000 until it dies, but just wondering if there was a way to swap it out and not get shut off!
3 replies
shred5150

Mar 30, 2005, 6:30 PM

Thank the wireless gods

We had ATT, it sucked and got returned ALOT.
We merged to Cingular, Ditto, and the calling plans sucked.
We just dropped Cing.
Thank you lord.
Amen
1 reply
ralph_on_me

Mar 25, 2005, 11:37 AM

What makes a good store?

To keep your stores profitable there are obviously many things that need to be done. What do you feel is the most important thing that you can do to make sure you keep your store at it's peak potential?

I think it's time management. You have to be able to meet all the needs of a customer, but you have to do it quick enough so that the next guy doesn't walk out the door.
8 replies
CoziKitti51

Mar 26, 2005, 10:43 PM

Weird account notes

This was a note on an account I handled today... "Every minute you are angry, you lose 60 seconds of your life". That was IT by that rep, nothing at all pertaining to the account! Has anyone else had weird account notes like this? I would love to know. I had to put my self on mute and laugh a little.
🤣 🤣 🤣
10 replies
PhoneTwit

Mar 29, 2005, 8:27 PM

trick when being yelled at

Turn the phone down to its lowest setting. Explain you had to do it because it was hurting your ears. Explain you're sorry, but customer will need to shout all the time so you can hear him/her now.

Sort of takes the fun out of yelling, doesn't it?
speedywalk

Mar 29, 2005, 7:31 PM

THANK GOD!!!

Thank God the acquisition of the AT&T Wireless Oklahoma market is almost done! I'm getting tired of answering hypothetical questions from customers! What if's don't mean a thing. Finally we willl have NORMAL inventory levels, NORMAL paychecks, and NORMAL answers to questions!

Speedywalk
"It ain't broke, it just needs duct tape!"
phipsi95

Mar 29, 2005, 7:15 AM

At least she was honest...

Customer came into report that her phone wouldn't turn on. After looking at the phone I noticed extensive water damage. When I told her that was the problem she said "I wonder if that is because I took it in the shower with me." 😳 Hey, at least she was honest.
8 replies
cingcing

Mar 29, 2005, 3:03 PM

unlocking air cards

does anyone know if it is possible to unlock sony edge card?
jamorr

Mar 28, 2005, 4:46 PM

Is anyone else sick of dealiing with fraudsters

Just got off the phone with an obvious fraud attempt. I wish I could reach though the phone and choke the sh!t out of these people. Gee thanks for wasting my time.
4 replies
Johnny_America

Mar 8, 2005, 6:37 PM

Outsourced Call Centers

I both love these and despise them at the same time. I really enjoy throwing the ones from India for a loop sometimes, they'll call over and they have this script plugged into their head "Say this, they say that, we say this" etc...so I'll just toss in "How ya doin' over there?" And there's this..pause, like they weren't expecting me to say that. It's always fun. Anybody else have stuff like that?
8 replies
ralph_on_me

Mar 17, 2005, 2:23 PM

Desk orientation

Any suggestions to keep customers from leaning around and looking at the monitors, other than saying "Hey, back up"? It's getting really annoying having them they to watch everything I do.
47 replies
Grantizzle

Mar 24, 2005, 6:32 PM

WTF is with people today?

i have gotten five calls from people today asking if i can set them up with service over the phone and they'll mail me a check. NO I CAN'T!!! get off your lazy asses and drive the three miles down here.
55 replies
ElmerFudPucker

Mar 10, 2005, 5:30 PM

Corporate Store -vs.- Authorized Agent

I know you corporate guys hate us agents and vice versa, but I must say that I absolutely love being able to send pre paid customers to the corporate stores!!! I don't make any money from ppd and furthermore I just lose inventory and future bsuiness cause I am either low on phones or waisting time with a ppd idiot!!! So I am not sorry, but I do feel for you corporate guys having to do all the dirty work!
33 replies
cingcing

Mar 26, 2005, 5:16 PM

customer scripts

you ever find yourself mouthing what your customers are goin to say before they even say it?
2 replies
ElmerFudPucker

Mar 26, 2005, 10:21 AM

Spring Break

Is it just me or is spring break the worst week to work in this industry? I had 3 dozen kids in my store yesterday, all pre paid, with problems or issues with their phones and everyone was as rude as they could possibly be.
Also, what's up with people whose voice gets softer and harder to hear with every word they say, it's like they are intentionally trailling off to make it impossible to understand what they are trying to say! Mabey it's just me, so I'm wondering if anyone else has had the pleasure of these experiences.
3 replies
justpeachy

Mar 25, 2005, 8:56 PM

Anyone still here?

got a whole mall full of kids screaming their heads off.... 64 minutes to go... 👿
19 replies
Dark_Rayne

Feb 26, 2005, 6:55 PM

Customer Sanatity

I think that customers should take an IQ test in order to be able to get a cell phone? Any experience that contributes to my theory?
44 replies

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.