Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 8 replies

What makes a good store?

ralph_on_me

Mar 25, 2005, 11:37 AM
To keep your stores profitable there are obviously many things that need to be done. What do you feel is the most important thing that you can do to make sure you keep your store at it's peak potential?

I think it's time management. You have to be able to meet all the needs of a customer, but you have to do it quick enough so that the next guy doesn't walk out the door.
speedywalk

Mar 25, 2005, 11:44 AM
It's all about figuring out which tasks are the most important. Hit those first.

Prioritize:

1. List most important things A, next B, and lest important C.
  2. eliminate all items in C
  3. Focus on A
  4. with the time remaining do B

It's that simple.

Speedywalk
"It ain't broke, it just needs duct tape!"
burntorange

Mar 25, 2005, 12:25 PM
How about customer satisfaction? A good store has stisfied customers walking out with phones in there hands. Managing time is of course important.. Spending time making sure the customer undstands what they are buying creates repeat buisness.. Without customers ... well.. I guess you'd have plenty of free time. 🤣
burntorange

Mar 25, 2005, 12:29 PM
Geeze .. sorry guys.. I type too fast. Lots of missing letters and errors on that last one.
ralph_on_me

Mar 25, 2005, 1:08 PM
Well you definitely have to do that, but if what if you could gain two new customers in the time that it took you to set up one? Is there a point when you've invested so much time in one person to make them happy that you've actually lost money?
lmpff

Mar 25, 2005, 1:32 PM
It's possible that you could lose a sale or two while assisting another customer to full satisfaction, but let's say that customer left so happy that you spent so much time with him/her that he/she tells his/her five co-workers how great you are, and they come to you, therefore giving you five sales instead of the one or two you may have lost. It's a longshot, but I bet half of our customers that come into our store were referred by one of our customers. (Our store is so out of the way for everyone that we have to rely on word of mouth)
ralph_on_me

Mar 25, 2005, 1:41 PM
Less than 10% of ours would be referrals, most are just repeat customers with a history with us from the past several years. I do try to satisfy everyone, which isn't possible. A few weeks ago I pissed off a customer by ringing out another persons sale (a car charger) as I was describing his phone features, while there was a wait of five people and only myself working.
Mobile-El

Mar 30, 2005, 11:15 AM
I'd like to give a little input on a "good store". I've in the wireless retail business as various levels for about 10 years. I've worked for Carriers, wholedealers and individual dealerships.

1. Appearance- take a long good look at the store, is the carpet stained? worn out? etc, is the outside sign faded, awning dirty, does it still say voicestream or att? dont tape stuff to the windows, it looks pretty bad. Keep the place spotless. We just put new track lighting in all our stores, in addition make sure no bulbs are out.

2. Product knowledge, if you have competion in the area, its a great way to be a cut above, you dont have to memorize every little thing, but know how to get it quickly. Learn data, its where our industry is he...
(continues)
Grantizzle

Mar 30, 2005, 1:20 PM
VZW also pays $25 referrals.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.