Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

You must log in to post.

Dark_Rayne

Mar 10, 2005, 7:21 PM

Cingular Merger

This merger is a big headache for me. I work for the blue side of the merger and with all of the new things coming from Cingular and confusion of the customers, I find myself getting a little lost. Anyone else having this problem? 😁
10 replies
TommyBoy

Mar 23, 2005, 2:58 AM

"Valuable" Customers!

Ever notice how every customer paying like 50 dollars a month seem to think they are the most valuable customer your company has?

cust : I spend (always exagerated) 120 dollars with you people every month and you won't give me the same price as a new customer walking in off the street?? (cust new ever two eligible in a few months)

me : Sir you spend a base of 49.99 I am looking at your bill history and you have never paid over 85.00 a month. You have only been active with us a little over a year. IN a few months you will get up to 100 dollars off the new customer prices if you resign on a 2 year contract. If you choose to get a phone now and pay full retail that is entirley your perogative. Your phone is working fine and you just sai...
(continues)
3 replies
door

Mar 19, 2005, 2:31 PM

do i smell bad? do i have a giant zit on my forehead?

The store (sams club) is super busy, but customers are actually crossing the aisle to aviod the kiosk.
I even had a customer walk away from me mid sentence.
I must be putting off that desperate for a sale vibe.
6 replies
Bun2Much

Mar 22, 2005, 5:15 PM

Blue customer care agents.....

So whats the dealy, do they get paid per transfer? I mean honestly, they have to be...its just rediculous...
ElmerFudPucker

Mar 22, 2005, 4:09 PM

Just Wondering...

I was just wondering if it's just me or does anyone else notice that people with Gold/Silver teeth are constantly looking for an opprotunity to show them. Furthermore, if you aren't a rapper or getting paid for it, why on earth would someone want meatal teeth?
I was just wondering if anyone else has run into a situation like this where a customer is intentionally showing his teeth, and there are females doing it too!
2 replies
jeveryday

Mar 22, 2005, 4:23 PM

Phone Contests?

Anybody know of any contests coming up or already going on for cingular? If so, post plz.
speedywalk

Mar 15, 2005, 4:22 PM

No. Nah Look Heyauh. Yuh not payin Atenshun!

Here's the transcript from the last custoemr I just talked with:

"I got dis phon bout few munths agah. I done charged it all nihght an nah it says no batry. Why's dat?"

"It could be the batter is going bad. Is this the first time it has done this?

"Yah. Nevuh done it buhfore."

"It could be a fluke then. But you can call warranty exchange since we are out of the battery for that phone."

"Well nah. See heyah. When I got dis phone they guy took it and set it so dat da flip and now da caller ID donn work."

[awkward silence as I expect a question of some sort, or maybe some understandable English?]

"Well, sir, the caller ID is a part of the network, it cannot be turned off by the phone."

"No. Nah look heyauh son. Yuh not p...
(continues)
3 replies
door

Mar 22, 2005, 1:35 PM

international caller id

I customer just asked me what the correct caller id stamp should be when the call is coming from an international line. Appearently he read on a website that the country code should be based on the location of the phone, not the number assigned to the phone. Any thoughts?
1 reply
XPDX

Mar 22, 2005, 1:33 AM

overheard

yes, i understand... no, it diesn't matter what I change the plan to, she's already in cancun for spring break.... yes, that's per minute... yes, both incoming and outgoing calls... yes i can suspend service no, you won't be able to call her...
1 reply
kingkong

Mar 20, 2005, 3:31 PM

help me decide plz!

i am trying to decide what to get Nokia 6820 / 6820i or LG F9100 it is for cinglur that what i have right now plz list the con and pros plz it would be a great help to me

my aim sn is kingkong8624 or you can jsut email or w/e

thanks
29 replies
justpeachy

Jan 20, 2005, 6:57 PM

Oh my...

I had a younger customer (I'd say 16 or 17) who came in wondering why he couldn't send or receive picture messages with his 8900. I checked his account (well, his mom's), and saw that he had never added MMS to his account so I put it on. We have to provision phones for MMS by sending a picture to itself, so I went into his photo album to find a pic to send and found a bunch of pictures of him and his girlfriend, who was standing right next to him, doing the deed! 😳 He grabbed the phone out of my hand and turned bright red.
15 replies
Dark_Rayne

Mar 17, 2005, 10:09 PM

How Hard?

How hard is it for these customers to get the most easy things done? The have to actually call in to get a temporary password for their voicemail. How hard is it to know 1111? Anyone else get those ppl that just make you want to scream at them or slam your head on your desk while yelling "why me?" (try it, it can help 😛 )
3 replies
justpeachy

Mar 15, 2005, 9:03 PM

58 minutes....

but who's counting? 👿 It seems like a Sunday again, nothing but stupid people
4 replies
posioaui

Mar 16, 2005, 2:09 PM

well this sucks

ok ive been here at my wal-mart kiosk for just a lil over an hour and have heard "all out of love" by air supply four times already... is someone at wal-mart radio headquarters playin a sick joke?
16 replies
OLIVUS

Mar 14, 2005, 7:20 PM

Quick question--your help is needed

Can anyone tell me the code that would allow me to get into the programing screens for a motorola c331 is? I know for nokia it's *#639# but that doesn't help with a moto phone. Thanks in advance 🙂
4 replies
lookitstony

Mar 11, 2005, 4:42 PM

where is the cheapest place to get my ERP phone?

30% big whoop.. we dont get at agent stores right? Im looking to get a z500 my friend said she got a v180 for $70 because of her discount (retail $150) but she said where she went it was $99. So i was looking to find my z500 $179 for less? 🙂 plus my 30%. Any info?
1 reply
ElmerFudPucker

Mar 12, 2005, 11:43 AM

Just out of curiosity...

Just out of curiosity, I was wondering how busy the rest of you guys are on the weekends, compared to how busy you guys are on the weekdays.
8 replies
door

Mar 12, 2005, 1:40 PM

Transferring phone book from one service to another

What is the easiest way to transfer your phone book from Nextel to a cingular phone?
What about the other carriers, for future reference
3 replies
cingcing

Mar 12, 2005, 6:32 PM

I'm stuck in PAG hell!!!!!

Has anyone EVER had a good experiance calling thier PAG???

It seems like every time I call PAG it takes ATLEAST 1 hour.
2 replies
posioaui

Mar 5, 2005, 4:14 PM

programmed people

so why is it when i ask a customer initially how there doing, there first response is almost always "im just looking". which is fine, but i asked how they were doing... so im lead to believe that it doesnt matter what i say to them initially, i could say almost anything and they'll still just be looking.. interesting.. just a thought 🙄
31 replies

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.