Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 10 replies

Cingular Merger

Dark_Rayne

Mar 10, 2005, 7:21 PM
This merger is a big headache for me. I work for the blue side of the merger and with all of the new things coming from Cingular and confusion of the customers, I find myself getting a little lost. Anyone else having this problem? 😁
speedywalk

Mar 10, 2005, 7:31 PM
Not really. Just having the headache of explaining the divestiture to customers about 40 times a day! Can't wait until we're finally sold off and we can stop telling people that they WILL be ALLTEL and tell them that they ARE now ALLTEL!

And the inability for us to get accessories is absolutely MADDENING!

Speedywalk
"It ain't broke, it just needs duct tape!"
texaswireless

Mar 23, 2005, 9:55 PM
I thought you said you worked for T-Mobile?
cingcing

Mar 10, 2005, 8:13 PM
I don't know about ALLTEL but he did get the ignorant customer thing right. I am also a legacy "blue" employee, and explaining how cingular and ATT are the same but different all day long is frustrating.
JamieKay

Mar 11, 2005, 6:00 PM
What I am finding so hard with the merger is all these indirect agents. With blue we only had one place to drive customers to now that I'm orange customers can go to about 10 different places and get help. I wish they wouldn't make indirect look like corporate!
Johnny_America

Mar 12, 2005, 3:27 PM
What I find really annoying is Orange customer care seems to enjoy transferring people to whatever department they feel like, mostly using the sales deparment like secretaries.
shscaptain1234

Mar 12, 2005, 4:29 PM
I'm now in the middle of all this mess...we're not blue, and we're not orange really, we just move people from one side to the other. I was lucky enough to get to sit down with on of the FCC commissioners on my last trip to DC, and talk about the divested market issue. He actually pushed for more divest markets but they comprimised on the current markets. Those poor customers. I would be angry if I signed up with Att and ended up with another company and stuck in a contract with this new company. I feel like the orange side just transfers people around and doesn't really care about the customer. I always have blue side reps warm transfering customers over, and it seems like they just leave the orange side struggling.
JamieKay

Mar 12, 2005, 10:08 PM
It's funny that the orange side does that huh? Especially since they are all about the net and At&t gave away the house. I was under the impression that orange would have this superior customer care. I don't know if I am being a blue snob but I swear blue was so much nicer and willing to help. It might be that I understood how blue worked and now I'm with orange and I have no clue. Has anyone realized how many darn 800 numbers orange has??? OMG! I can't keep track of any of them! Well, as my boss is always telling me, a good sales person goes with the flow..... flowing I am......
burntorange

Mar 13, 2005, 3:19 PM
A blue VP I know that became orange said to me.. "We need to go from being flexible to being fluid."

Only about 650 days till we are done merging. BTW 🙂
JamieKay

Mar 16, 2005, 3:01 PM
I am fluid 🙂
Dark_Rayne

Mar 17, 2005, 9:59 PM
I am with legacy "blue" also. I have noticed that orange reps are not the nicest ppl to meet. I also understand that some of them are just becoming orange and are as lost as I am going to be. This merger is realy quite confusing but still a good thing. Its just hard to tell a customer that they have to change companies because the one the like right now will be gone in the near future.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.