Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

You must log in to post.

PhoneTwit

Feb 5, 2005, 7:13 PM

Cingular family plans to 5 people?

Somewhere in the back of my poor, befuddled brain I remember Cingular saying they had plans to increase the number of people on a family plan from 4 to 5. Has anyone else heard of this or am I on drugs again?
😉
16 replies
hatesorange

Feb 8, 2005, 3:35 AM

Blue vs Orange Long Term

Curious as to how other Cingular reps are dealing with the customers who have lost one ATT GSM phone and need to get a replacement? We were using GO phones since we ran out of ATT product that I guess that will be ending soon as they will be badged as Cingular Go phones. I have had several customers ready to go to the moon when they find out the would have to be new Cingular phones for all family plan members and pay an $18 upgrade fee? Thanks for any words of wisdom......and seriously Cingular ditch the $18 fee for migrations....
6 replies
Rhayes76

Feb 7, 2005, 12:46 AM

Kinda odd right before the merger

👿 I was with AT&T before they even had the merger around Feb04 the closer it got to the November merge date I noticed that odd stuff was happening on my bill charges for long dist calls when I had a plan for that and then just before the merger I got hit with a bill of $3,000.00 it seems that I was removed from my night and weekend plan, which is what I mostly use. Long story short I got a cust serve rep to finally look and realize what was wrong and he even found extra added fees Mobil to Mobil charges. He tells me that it will take him some time to work it all out and get all the proper credits N&W and M2M. after about a month and a half he calls back all happy saying I got it all fixed for you and your new bill is 1500. Nice but not ...
(continues)
10 replies
pj33arc

Feb 11, 2005, 10:28 PM

Is anyone else thanking the irs?

just came to work at 530. its not 830 and and my KIOSK has 54 sales. anyone else seeing this?
topgun

Feb 8, 2005, 2:21 AM

Plam size Windows Mobile for Pocket PCs phone

I'm looking for a palm size Windows Mobile for Pocket PCs phone. About the size of a treo 650/600 . Dont matter witch carrier. I like the widows phone but they are to big. any help.
2 replies
portman

Feb 8, 2005, 1:30 PM

When will T-Mobile support the Treo 650??

Anyone know?
doscal

Feb 2, 2005, 11:03 PM

All cell guru's need ur opinion

Hey im starting my own biz selling boost, nextel, and sprint. Need some of your opinions on what you guys like, need, dont like, what should i or shouldn't i do, all that good stuff. I'd rather the ppl that know phones and the services let me know what would be a plus or negative then some first time consumer rights activist. So just let me know what you would like from a retailer. Should I put a no holy rollers sign in the window? 😈
10 replies
pepsigirl

Jan 30, 2005, 3:42 PM

Maybe somebody has an answer

I was just wondering if any Cingular/AWE employee knows why we still have places like MOBILE SOLUTIONS selling the AT&T plans. I have had several "new" customers come to ask questions about their new AT&T plan that they just got "yesterday" and I have to turn them away. I do not have the capability to look at their account only to migrate them to the Cingular network...Why must Agent stores make our jobs harder...?? 😁 😁
5 replies
tequilasundae

Jan 31, 2005, 7:09 PM

the dog lady strikes again!!!!

last week or so i wrote about a lady with a pre paid acct...the one who let her phone be eaten and chewed to tiny bits by a dog.////we ordered her a used phone as a replacement...which took longer then she wanted it to...and she still expected to be compensated for lost minutes...she just now came in bitching about that, as well as wanting to pay a $3 payment to restart her service...and we cant' take anything smaller than $15...she then says she;s gonna go to another company cause we won't help her...AAARGGGHHHH
euro

Jan 24, 2005, 2:13 PM

Can you charge my phone?

Oh Hell No! This guy was waiting for me to open this morning for about 45min knocking on my window. He came into my store and asked if he could leave his phone with me for a few hours so I could charge it. I offered to sell him one and he freaked out on me. He said that because he has been a Sprint customer for 10 years, he should'nt have to pay for a new charger. The nerve of some people! 👿
9 replies
TexasJulie

Dec 3, 2004, 11:48 AM

Have I been wrong all this time???

I just had a customer come in and want to upgrade to the V180. He said Customer Care offered him the phone for 19.99... WITHOUT a contract extension. I told him I'd never heard of such. (The phone was ultimately back ordered, so he was going to buy it from us, til he found out it was 99.99 + 1 year extension.)

Soooo.... he calls Customer Care. They told him that extending your contract is merely and option and that you can certainly upgrade the handset and stay in a month to month. So there, I was looking like a jackass. I called MY boss, and he said he'd never heard of such a thing. He has owned wireless stores since 1997. He thinks perhaps you can buy the phone without discounts and NOT have to extend; but if you receive the subsidized ...
(continues)
13 replies
nextgwireless

Jan 31, 2005, 3:52 PM

T-Mobile Sales Reps

Has anyone had any trouble getting the December payout for GC.com from T-Mobile for December? I think it may be because of the volume we didi or the fact that the amounts are so high. I have a potential payout of 2765 and want it soon!
KevC84

Jan 27, 2005, 11:31 AM

Trying to get into the business. Can anyone help? Rich Brome Help!

Hey guys I am currently going to college and am very interested in pursuing a career in the wireless phone industry. I have always been interested in technology and I see a lot of awesome development for the future of mobile technology and I want to be a part of it. I am not talking about being a Sales Representative or Technician for a Wireless Carrier but something more in depth. Product tester, buyer anything that puts me in a hands on interaction with the technology and a job title where I can be sent to these wireless conventions like CES and check things out. The only thing is that I am not sure how to get into the business and what college degree I should pursue in order to get in on it. I am currently in a Digital Arts Technology deg...
(continues)
5 replies
Homestar Runner

Jan 30, 2005, 2:38 AM

A fun story

A customer came into my Sprint Store today and handed me his ~$150 invoice for having his car towed out of a ditch. He said that because he didn't know how to use the Roadside Rescue service Sprint offers by calling from his handset, he decided he would just make Sprint pay whatever charges the local tow company charged. I tried to keep a straight face, but lost it, as he continued to explain to me that I (Sprint) am in a contract with him and so am obligated to give him money.
4 replies
tequilasundae

Jan 25, 2005, 4:06 PM

to those of you in KIOSKS>>>

i am trying to get some ideas for comforts for the kioskers out there..such as food and things, especially those of us in malls who get hit in the walled by the foodcourts or lack thereof//

do we all eat in the foodcourt , do we bring ...if so what do ya bring, cause i am running out of ideas..i was also wondering if any of you have a portable food cooler of warmer??
43 replies
PhoneTwit

Jan 20, 2005, 10:51 PM

"soft" credit check?

I work at a Cingular call center. A customer told me that a sales agent said that when we do a credit update it wouldn't be a hit on his credit because it is a "soft" credit check. This doesn't make any sense to me. I thought a check from any creditor hit your credit. Big liar?
Linda Jean
4 replies
luckyman

Dec 30, 2004, 1:09 PM

the worst thing about a kiosk is...

the worst thing about a kiosk is you have nowhere to hide. some days, i long for a 'back room' to go put my head down.
43 replies
Aarynk

Jan 29, 2005, 1:51 PM

Another boring day...

Good morning everyone!!! Welcome to another boring day 🙄 What is everyone up to today?
speedywalk

Jan 24, 2005, 1:22 PM

WHY OH WHY???

Why is it that whenever a customer comes in with a phone that has been water damaged that AFTER you have played with it and noticed it seems to be in working order again the customer THEN tells you that it fell in a toilet? Call me crazy, but if I were to have that happen, I would tell the person before they handle the phone...or I would have alcohol washed it first! *gets sick*

Speedywalk
"It ain't broke, it just needs duct tape!"
4 replies
AMBERH156

Jan 26, 2005, 2:00 PM

Anyone Working In The Mall Today?

What a slow morning. Am I the only unfortunate mall employee this morning?
3 replies

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.