Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 8 replies

Just out of curiosity...

ElmerFudPucker

Mar 12, 2005, 11:43 AM
Just out of curiosity, I was wondering how busy the rest of you guys are on the weekends, compared to how busy you guys are on the weekdays.
Cigee

Mar 12, 2005, 12:03 PM
It's a draw over here....Although sundays tend to be dead.
GWFOX

Mar 12, 2005, 12:41 PM
Our weekdays in this area suck it.

Weekends are usually an exception. Right now I'm taking a breather. I just cleared out my store and walked away with $200 in comms already. I'm here till 7 tonight. I can't wait to see what else happens! (yes I also get a wage)
Aarynk

Mar 12, 2005, 1:12 PM
ElmerFudPucker said:
Just out of curiosity, I was wondering how busy the rest of you guys are on the weekends, compared to how busy you guys are on the weekdays.

It really depends on which one of my stores I'm in. The one today is going to be horrible. It's on the opposite side of town where no one goes unless you have specific buisness over here. Every other store is more busy on the weekends though. Not by much but still you can tell the difference
ElmerFudPucker

Mar 12, 2005, 1:33 PM
I was recently moved from a store that was all weekday business, Downtown Cincinnati all pre paid & a tough crowd, to a mall kiosk near the suburbs and it's all weekend business. Credit is much better here, in fact we don't do any pre paid, we send the ppd customers to the corporate stores, it's awesome!!! I know it's bad but, I can't afford to lose the post paid business cause I sold my last phone to a pre paid customer, and make $0.00 for those anyway!
Phydeaux

Mar 12, 2005, 1:53 PM
I have dubbed Saturday around here to be "Credit Turn Down Day". I'll easily have to tell 20 people or more that they'll have to pay a $200 deposit or worse. We'll sell unlimited or no contracts, though.
ralph_on_me

Mar 12, 2005, 2:19 PM
Phydeaux said:
I have dubbed Saturday around here to be "Credit Turn Down Day". I'll easily have to tell 20 people or more that they'll have to pay a $200 deposit or worse. We'll sell unlimited or no contracts, though.

Saturday is our $800 deposit day. "I'm sorry sir. We gave you a cell phone a few years ago and you never paid your bill, so we now require an $800 deposit." I really refer to today as "whiner" day. Everybody finds time to complain about something trivial and I get to make up excuses as to why their complaint doesn't matter.
burntorange

Mar 13, 2005, 3:13 PM
I'm a corporate store manager. With 10 years in the industry, I can say every store is different when it comes to traffic.. Every weekend , day , holiday is a different deal. It's affected by everything from promos to weather conditions. Don't waste time with negitive expectations on certain days or times.. You NEVER know when a 5 line deal will fall into your lap. Being ready with a good attitude could make that deal happen ;)
JamieKay

Mar 12, 2005, 10:15 PM
Bored bored bored bored bored ☹️

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.