Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

You must log in to post.

CoziKitti51

Mar 11, 2005, 3:14 AM

Convergy's (I think I spelled that wrong)

All you Canadian reps who work for AWS customer care, I heard a nasty rumor that ALL of you would be transferred to a new project. (Not Cingular or AWS) Can anyone confirm or deny this rumor? I would like to know because your center is sooo huge. Anyway, any knowledge is greatly appreciated, 😁 😁 😁 😉
2 replies
ElmerFudPucker

Mar 6, 2005, 2:13 PM

Information / Wireless Phones

Does anyone else get a ton of questions about how to get to the Dysney store or is there a Blue Chip Cookie in this mall? I not only sell phones but I am also the information desk!
12 replies
cingcing

Feb 22, 2005, 11:56 PM

Mpx220 "Flight Mode"

How do I deactivate Flight mode on this damn phone??????
2 replies
pepsigirl

Feb 2, 2005, 1:38 PM

I almost wonder

It seems, lately, that when the lights go out at our kiosk, that customers are automatically drawn to the fact that we are closed. I almost wonder if we went through an entire day with the lights off, if we would double our business! It is annoying, but they always seem to form a line as soon as the lights go out. HELLO!!!! I have been here for 8 hours and you have walked by at least 10 times, did you HAVE to wait until I shut the lights off to "ask a quick question"????????
9 replies
thejason

Feb 27, 2005, 6:04 PM

This should be posted at all phone sales locations...

Dear Customer,

When you received that free phone two months ago (you know, the one you refused to insure), the fact that there was no charge for it does not mean we somehow make them magically appear for free. If you have dropped it in water and are only two months into your contract, you are going to have to pay for a new phone.

You see, dearest customer, those phones cost money to manufacture, and you were only getting it for free because you were signing a contract. Now that the aforementioned contract is already in effect, it would not be beneficial for our company to give you another free phone and take another loss.

I agree that it's quite sh!tty of us to want to make money, but hey, welcome to capitalism.

Love,

Your W...
(continues)
18 replies
Cigee

Mar 5, 2005, 1:52 PM

Hey Tmobile dealers........

How much do ya'll sell V180's for? (NEW CONTRACT)
7 replies
3Gupload

Mar 7, 2005, 6:21 PM

DRM Enabled Terminals

Is there a comprehensive list of phones that use DRM? I've been pouring through different sites and I can find models here and there, but no centralized list.

If there is nothing like this out there yet (which I suspect there isn't), what is the change that PhoneScoop will add this as part of their phone specifications?

This would be a great help to me, and I'm sure there are others interested. Any information is greatly appreciated.

Thank you!
5 replies
cingcing

Mar 5, 2005, 11:36 PM

Kids in stores

My co-worker is now doing an upgrade at 8:30 on a saturday night for a customer and his wife that have 5 little crumb crunchers with them. Five!!! probably 5 years apart. they are tearing up my store screaming and crying drooling all over our phones and the parents don't really care. the "mother" is trying i guess but to no avail. This isn't a freakin daycare and I don't need this racket in my store. So I guess my point is; Why bring your 5 kids into the mall on a saturday night? they only have one phone between them(on our cheapest plan ofcourse) why does the whole clan have to come in and disturb my quiet evening at work and chase off real customers?

Anyone else have a problem with people thinking this is exceptible behavior?
2 replies
ATT_IS_DEAD

Mar 6, 2005, 11:03 AM

Forcing Customer's to Migrate to Cingular

Heard a Rumor that sometime in April, {around the 6 month merger anniversary}, all of the legacy att wireless customer's will be forced to migrate to Cingular. Anyone out there have any insight on this ?
phoneshark

Mar 5, 2005, 2:52 PM

Question for Independent Dealers

I need the name of a good accessories distributor. Someone that doesn't have some outrageous minimum order but still has decent pricing. I know; I'm asking for alot. 🙂

Thanks!!!
1 reply
ElmerFudPucker

Mar 5, 2005, 10:40 AM

A Bad Day Made Good...

I was having the usual Munday filled with pre paid refil sales when I was approached by a portly little old woman with about 4 hairs left on her head and crossed eyes behind 2 inch thick glasses. She was "a little slow" and wanted to get her (even slower) mom a phone on her plan. She needed a "user friendly" phone so I gave her a Nokia 1100 and set her up, showed her how to use it, and put her speed dial numbers in. About 2 hours latter during the lunch rush hour I see her in the mall hallway trying to get through the congested downtown mall traffic and back into my store. Smiling ear to ear she says"I'm trying to get there." Acting like a crossing guard I helped her back into the store, and she flings a soft pretzel onto the counter an...
(continues)
5 replies
armyofun

Mar 3, 2005, 6:59 PM

anyone who deals with incoming calls

anybody here who works with customer calls use the AT&T callmaster III?
Darth_Ix

Mar 3, 2005, 12:26 PM

How do you handle a situation like this.

So one of my Co-Workers, an attractive female, recieved a package from one of her customers as a sort of thank you. Now I have been on the recieving end of a few thank you boxes of See's chocolate, cards, and the occasional steak dinner (just kidding), but she got Jewelry. Usually when I get the thank yous they are accompanied by a nice letter addressed to the whole staff urging everyone to have a chocolate or doughnut and explaining what a great job I as a slaes rep have done. Her not Said something to the effect that she is uber-attractive and that the customer (a middle aged white guy) was glad that it was her that had taken care of him and that he felt something special, a connection to her. Here's the point of my ramblings. This ha...
(continues)
6 replies
cellphone gurl

Aug 18, 2004, 8:14 PM

the funniest story of all

I work customer care for AT&T wireless. one of my co workers told me the funniest story...an actual call she had with a customer.

Customer calls in saying "I think someone is listening to my calls, aliens are taking over my phone"

Rep thinking it is a prank call asks for the wireless number and Cust gives it to her. she brings up an account and the first note she sees is "this guy is a nut" brings up account notes and sees he has called in about 20 times. rep decides to have some fun and hopes they are not monitoring her.

customer is calling from his friends phone. rep tells him to take his phone and stick it in a ziplock bag and put it in the freezer.....she can hear him doing this. then she tells the customer he needs to get a pie...
(continues)
3 replies
peaches1961

Feb 26, 2005, 10:31 PM

Nice customers

🙂 😁 😉 Doesn't it just make your day when you receive a call from a customer that is so polite and cordial and really has a problem that you help them with.
6 replies
kof

Feb 26, 2005, 1:03 PM

GMAIL INVITES

I have 50 invites to gmail and no one to give them too. You want one. Email me at enkofi@gmail.com. For those of you who do not know what gamil is:

A Google approach to email.
Gmail is an experiment in a new kind of webmail, built on the idea that you should never have to delete mail and you should always be able to find the message you want. The key features are:

Search, don't sort.
Use Google search to find the exact message you want, no matter when it was sent or received.

Don't throw anything away.
1000 megabytes of free storage so you'll never need to delete another message.

Keep it all in context.
Each message is grouped with all its replies and displayed as a conversation.

No pop-up ads. No untargeted banners.
(continues)
5 replies
Dark_Rayne

Feb 25, 2005, 11:08 PM

Customer Service "sigh"

What do you guys do for fun when you get slow? I work at a customer service call center and I am SOOOO BORED! Any ideas? These customers are crazy and I have to do something to keep myself sane!
6 replies
laydebluiz

Feb 27, 2005, 3:14 PM

Call Center Call Volume...............

How many of you get ticked off customers that have waited over 20 minutes to actually talk to a live peson?? What do you say to calm them down?
1 reply
Cigee

Feb 25, 2005, 5:29 PM

Redneck customers???

Alright we have the ghetto customer thread, now what about all the white trash out there?

Yesterday we (Olivus and I)had this redneck couple in here trying to get phones. I was in the back reading my email when I hear this redneck dumb*** start yelling about how he can get the same phone with all the accessories for free at this other place down the road. Ok yeah right. So he comes to the back to find the manager and I tell him to tell the guy to call the dude "Mike" he mentioned and get him to agree about the accessories. The hillbilly suddenly forgot what the name of the place was and just kept ranting and raving about how he will just go over there. Finally my manager came up and gave in.....uuugh. So then he starts saying I wan...
(continues)
6 replies
Dark_Rayne

Feb 26, 2005, 4:54 PM

Cingular/ At&t

Anyone here work at a call center for Cingular or AT&T? 😎
10 replies

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.