Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 18 replies

This should be posted at all phone sales locations...

thejason

Feb 27, 2005, 6:04 PM
Dear Customer,

When you received that free phone two months ago (you know, the one you refused to insure), the fact that there was no charge for it does not mean we somehow make them magically appear for free. If you have dropped it in water and are only two months into your contract, you are going to have to pay for a new phone.

You see, dearest customer, those phones cost money to manufacture, and you were only getting it for free because you were signing a contract. Now that the aforementioned contract is already in effect, it would not be beneficial for our company to give you another free phone and take another loss.

I agree that it's quite sh!tty of us to want to make money, but hey, welcome to capitalism.

Love,

Your W...
(continues)
armyofun

Feb 27, 2005, 6:06 PM
hear hear!!!
Grantizzle

Feb 27, 2005, 6:10 PM
i just forwarded that to the VP. hopefully he likes it.
thejason

Feb 27, 2005, 6:16 PM
i asked my boss if we could put something like that up. he took my chair away because he said i've got too much time on my hands... now my feet hurt and i have a back problem from leaning down to use the computer...
Grantizzle

Feb 27, 2005, 6:18 PM
thejason said:
i asked my boss if we could put something like that up. he took my chair away because he said i've got too much time on my hands... now my feet hurt and i have a back problem from leaning down to use the computer...
that's awesome. go take the chair back?
thejason

Feb 27, 2005, 6:19 PM
he actually took it home with him... i think i need to find a new job, one where the boss has a sense of humor
Grantizzle

Feb 27, 2005, 6:19 PM
or take his chair???
Aarynk

Feb 27, 2005, 6:20 PM
Grantizzle said:
or take his chair???

🤣 🤣 There you go
thejason

Feb 27, 2005, 6:22 PM
he's a roaming supervisor, meaning he's only here about once a day before he leaves for another location, further meaning he has no chair. maybe i'll just take his car 🙂
Aarynk

Feb 27, 2005, 6:23 PM
thejason said:
he's a roaming supervisor, meaning he's only here about once a day before he leaves for another location, further meaning he has no chair. maybe i'll just take his car 🙂

🤣 🤣
Grantizzle

Feb 27, 2005, 6:26 PM
or take his chair home and tell him you'll give it back to him once you get yours back.
thejason

Feb 27, 2005, 6:26 PM
i think that's a felony
peaches1961

Feb 28, 2005, 10:59 PM
I THINK THAT BOSS SHOULD BE "DEMOTED" "GIVEN THE BOOT" ETC..... SOUNDS LIKE A REAL BUTT HEAD TO ME. 😲
ElmerFudPucker

Mar 5, 2005, 10:53 AM
You should take his wife and have his kids call you daddy 2!!!
Aarynk

Feb 27, 2005, 6:13 PM
thejason said:
Dear Customer,

When you received that free phone two months ago (you know, the one you refused to insure), the fact that there was no charge for it does not mean we somehow make them magically appear for free. If you have dropped it in water and are only two months into your contract, you are going to have to pay for a new phone.

You see, dearest customer, those phones cost money to manufacture, and you were only getting it for free because you were signing a contract. Now that the aforementioned contract is already in effect, it would not be beneficial for our company to give you another free phone and take another loss.

I agree that it's quite sh!tty of us to want to make money, but hey, welcom
(continues)
themike314

Feb 27, 2005, 6:53 PM
Can something be added along the lines of:

When signing a contract, it is advisable to read it.

There are terms and conditions that you should be aware of. Just because you refuse to read them does not mean they don't apply to you.

"I didn't know about that." doesn't work when you get pulled over by a cop. It doesn't work here, either.

P.S. - Whining, complaining, emotional outbursts, and any other unusual behavior exhibited by you will be laughed at and/or posted about on the internet when you leave/hang up.
thejason

Feb 27, 2005, 6:57 PM
yeah, that should be on there too
Cigee

Feb 28, 2005, 5:09 PM
Because we DO post it on the internet. I think every person who has a phone or is considering buying a phone should be required to read these forums so they can realize ahead of time how entertaining there assanine behavior is. That would possibly deter them from this behavior. Then again, we wouldn't have anything to talk about so scratch that. Keep up the shenanigans customers so that my job doesn't become more boring then it already is!
the_diversion

Mar 9, 2005, 7:41 PM
Yah I know my posts are a little late, I finally got the energy in my "oh so fun job" to make a user name and some posts. But yes I totally agree with that little sign. One of my co workers and I got a little AT&T decal that said "Proudly Serving AT&T Customers" We decided to make one from it and have it say "Proudly Not Serving AT&T Customers" (Were and Independent dealer so we have limits on things we can do, we can migrate so thats a plus)

Devin

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.