Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

You must log in to post.

BigBalledOX

Jan 24, 2005, 11:33 PM

iWireless

Just wanted to say, y'all are in for a treat. See, I work for a third-party retailer for this joyful little company called iWireless. They're a regional carrier here in the good ol' western Illinois/eastern Iowa area. They are a T-Mobile affiliate and a CRAPPY one at that, if T-Mobile's network is anywhere near as bad as IWS, I don't see how they stay in business. Anyways, this company's bread and butter is a plan called MEGAtalk, wherein you pay $46.17 a month for unlimited calls within a local area. This wouldn't be so bad except they offer it as a PREPAID service as well as a contract option, so I get the joy of dealing with these mongoloid idiots who just don't understand anything about cell phones, but think they know more than I about ...
(continues)
tequilasundae

Jan 21, 2005, 6:40 PM

9 hrs down 2 to go....

just got a bit of a second wind,,,store always get busy when ya wanna go eat...but i have gone and gotten sustinence in the form of orange and mandarin chicken,, 😁 😁 i just basically told this 270 lb gentlemen he couldn't get a phone cause he lied about his addresss....
2 replies
Kizildere

Jan 21, 2005, 11:46 AM

Anyone have any experience with Wirelessimports.com?

I just purchased a Nokia 6630 through them and I`m extremely disappointed. The box was has wear and tear that wouldn`t have been caused by shipping, a clear indication of pre-usage. It didn`t come with a warranty certificate, just Italian User manuals and CD. The phone also has the Italian carrier TIM`s logo on front and back (which I wouldn`t mind but seems like this phone was a display model.)

I`m not happy, I asked them for a full refund but we`ll see. Anyone else have similar experiences with them? I`m going to dispute with my credit card company as a last resort.
5 replies
sunvzw

Jan 17, 2005, 7:44 PM

anything cheper??

Why do people think they get everything free when it comes to cellphones.....i had a guy right now looking at my phones..i told him the phone he liked was 50 dollars and he gets a 50 rebate...he replied do you have anything cheper? what the hell it dosent get any cheper than free buddy. i worried about people. đŸ˜ŗ
8 replies
Cellular_Joe

Jan 14, 2005, 7:34 PM

New Guy Here

Hey everybody! I just started a job with Sprint in technical support. Got let go from tech support on CricKet about 2 months ago and im starting up again here. A friend of mine showed me this site and man this thing kicks. I think im going to enjoy coming here on a daily basis both while at work and at home.

Cellular_Joe
3 replies
phoneboy7639

Jan 12, 2005, 10:26 PM

New plans for Verizon start jan 17

New plans everyone!
39.99 450
NO 49.99
59.99 900
79.99 1350

Family plan
NO 39.99
No 49.99
59.99 500
79.99 1000
99.99 1500

Add-ons $9.99

so get the plans now till they change them.
all have unlim N+W
unlim M2m
12 replies
Lord_Gawkerbane

Jan 17, 2005, 1:57 PM

Something for Nothing

Yeah, it's time for another one of these threads.

An old guy came up and wanted to upgrade his AT&T phone and change rate plans, so I told him about how he could migrate. Things were going well, we settled on a phone and everything, and then he asked me about a car charger.

I told him how much it is, and he said he wanted me to throw it in for free. I told him that I couldn't and explained to him that the company needs to be profitable in order to maintain and build our network, etc. I didn't think to tell him about he was getting a $180 phone for free, but probably should have said something about that too.

He told me that he'd be paying $720 over the two years (on a $29.99 plan). So I had to expain gross versus net. 🙄

(continues)
2 replies
bradley84r

Jan 14, 2005, 7:54 PM

code for cingular

I'm a cingular wireless agent and we were told today of a new unlimited media internet package for 4.99 a month. Maybe its me, but this person said it was out for two months now, so how come I haven't heard of it? I called customer service, and they didn't even know what the heck it was. Does anybody know anything?
5 replies
mrmckoo

Dec 11, 2004, 2:25 AM

hi have a question early termination

🙂 hey everyone...
i am a tmobile user but i am a user that wants to change my proider to verizon wirelss...
my contract ends in april.. so normailly, i have to pay the termination fee rite?
but i saw this ad saying that i don t need to pay..
so i called them about it
they say that its not a standard procedure but i cant activate with veriozon and terminate my tmobile with out paying the termination fee..
do u think this is a possible story?
can they actually do that?
experts if you know can u reply me and tell me how they are doing this procedure?
11 replies
TexasJulie

Dec 20, 2004, 4:25 PM

Tracking System?

How do you keep track of who you have talked with? Do you keep a log of all of your transactions to make sure you are being paid properly? Do you know if someone "steals" your sell?

Julie
4 replies
Mobile-El

Jan 12, 2005, 10:06 AM

Re-doing our Cingular store, ? for you

Good morning. I run a former ATTWS exclusive location, (indirect privately owned), we are in the middle of painting Orange and re-doing the entire store. We are going to put block letters (raised foam) on the back wall of the showroom with the Jack logo. What color whould we have Jack and the logo in? Wall is orange. White Cingular? blue jack? any ideas?
5 replies
sunvzw

Jan 12, 2005, 8:37 PM

to who ever i spoke with at att/cing

since you told me you go on phone scoop have a laugh now. you were one of the funiest cc reps i have ever spoke with, but my problem is not fixed, its ok screw the my account anyways but you tried 😁
kurtzieq

Jan 10, 2005, 3:21 PM

Motorola MPX220 --- Does it come factory unlocked?

Does anybody know if the Motorola mpx220 comes factory unlocked by Cingular?
2 replies
urbnjckdc

Jan 5, 2005, 12:38 AM

Verizon discontinues longer boom headset?

I'm a very satisfied Verizon customer but I have one very stern complaint regarding their headphone selection; I understand that this is not a place to bitch about a company, nor do I expect an answer from anyone reading this board. But here goes:

I live in the DC area and travel to NY a lot. These two areas both have laws against non-hands-free talking on a mobile phone. My headset of choice (for sound quality and comfort) was (and still is) the Verizon-branded long boom style headset with the large Jabra eargel attachment. It kind-of looks like a very large sewing needle, with a long slender hole down the middle. It's dark charcoal grey color and comes with 6 different earbuds of various sizes.

However, Verizon has discontinue...
(continues)
7 replies
lmpff

Jan 3, 2005, 7:45 PM

Anyone else bored?

Is it just my store, or is today the most boring day ever? In the five hours I've been here, only one person has walked through the front door! I feel like dialing 911 and saying I'm being robbed just to get some company!! What do all of you people do at work when you are bored?
10 replies
ShunAsa

Jan 4, 2005, 1:28 PM

Revelation!

I figured out why the kiosks were so slow this season...everyone bought their phones from the internet. I saw something about on tv...that really sux for you commission folks ☚ī¸
3 replies
WRIhouston

Jan 3, 2005, 4:53 PM

Wireless Retail/ Mosaic BATTLE

Has anyone heard about the wireless retail contract in best buy or whether or not we are going to still be here come the summer?? I'm just worried about my job is all. I hear they could be phasing us out cuz they were'nt happy with the team's performance.... Any help would be greatly appreciated..
1 reply
uNt0uChAbLe

Dec 30, 2004, 9:12 PM

Need Opinions From Cingular/SunCom Sales Reps & 3rd Party Dealers

Hi,
You all may know me from such threads as "OH MY GOD CINGULARS CUSTOMERS SERVICE IS HORRIBLE", "Sell Me To Cingular", and also "Keep Me With Verizon." Well yesterday I decided to jump on the GSM wagon for the heck of it because I was at the end of my VZW contract and I was bored (Yeah I know Im a big hypocrite). So I signed a 1 year deal with SunCom (soon to be Cingular March 1st) and picked up the UnPlan and the SE T637. I have to throw in that the voice clarity on my SunCom phone has been better then my VZW v710, but thats another thread that I dont want to start. But anyway, while I was talking with the SunCom store manager she offered me a job. Now they will turn into Cingular March 1st so business will boom then. Well last week I s...
(continues)
5 replies
tequilasundae

Dec 30, 2004, 9:51 AM

like dawn of the dead...

not open for antother 10 minutes...and people are staring at me thru the gates....like thats gon make me open earlier đŸ¤Ŗ đŸ¤Ŗ
10 replies
cpc3676

Dec 28, 2004, 7:12 PM

What I do at work

Of the 9 hours I spend at work most of them are spent just staring at the wall. If I am tired enough I will be able to sleep in these chairs that were made specifically NOT for sleeping. When I figure it all out I have been in the building for 6 hours and I have done 2 hours and 40 minuites of actually work. The funny thing is this was an average day. On a slow day I may work something closer to one hour of work for 11 hours of the day I spent on work (an hour driving, 30 minuites getting ready, 30 getting unready and 9 in the hole). You know for having such a small amount of time on this planet my company is not very efficient about this.
29 replies

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.