Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 9 replies

I almost wonder

pepsigirl

Feb 2, 2005, 1:38 PM
It seems, lately, that when the lights go out at our kiosk, that customers are automatically drawn to the fact that we are closed. I almost wonder if we went through an entire day with the lights off, if we would double our business! It is annoying, but they always seem to form a line as soon as the lights go out. HELLO!!!! I have been here for 8 hours and you have walked by at least 10 times, did you HAVE to wait until I shut the lights off to "ask a quick question"????????
luckyman

Feb 2, 2005, 1:42 PM
sometimes, when its a crowded mall, i pull the doors down on my kiosk, just to attract attention. then i open them right back up. it hardly ever fails.
pepsigirl

Feb 2, 2005, 1:44 PM
I agree! Being that I am in a Wal-Mart, I actually have employees that will walk by at closing time and say to me that I had better hurry before they notice that my lights are off! How sad is it that I just want to go home at the end of the night? I try to stay out of department stores when it's close to their closing time just so I don't put them through the same crap that people constantly put us kiosk workers through!!!!
luckyman

Feb 2, 2005, 1:47 PM
once, i thought it would be good to write a guide book called 'the shoppers good manners handbook'. but, it most likely wouldn't sell.
SprintKnowItAll

Feb 26, 2005, 6:23 PM
those type of people are also the type that sues over hott coffee. they want to buy something whe your closing in hopes to piss you off and get something free. in sales you have to realize if a customer is beeing a jerk or just a dhouche they are only doing it to get to you mad in hopes you will snap on them and hence get thenmselves free stuff 😉
Cigee

Feb 2, 2005, 4:24 PM
Ok I work in a store and I encounter this problem every single night. Someone will inevitably come to the door, pull on it and when that doesn't work they will literally shake the crap out of it thinking that possibly it will magically open. Why?? It says close, the time we close is on the door and the huge open sign in the front is obviously not on. I now turn off all the lights as soon as they start doing it and walk into the back. It seems to work but I feel a strange need to carry a can of mace to my car.
ralph_on_me

Feb 2, 2005, 4:29 PM
The same thing happens in our store, only I like to stay up front with only the sign lighting on, doing paperwork and pretending the glass is soundproof. People knock and bang, and I smile and wave. I had one person wait around to ask me to look at his phone thirty minutes after we had closed. I asked him for five dollars. He walked off, but if I'm not on the clock then somebody needs to be paying to use me.
Cigee

Feb 16, 2005, 7:12 PM
🤣 So true! People actually open the mail slot on my door and start yelling "I just need to pay my bill!" or "Are ya'll closed??" "No sometimes we just like to lock the doors to confuse people." and theres your sign!
cingcing

Feb 16, 2005, 7:31 PM
I work in a store in the mall. One entrance is a glass door, one is sliding gait. The store hours are clearly marked by each entrance. EVERY day, atleast one customer will knock on the glass door, look in, see us, read the hours, wait till someone is leaving the mall and come in when the door is open, and ask us stupid questions through the gait. There is no escape except for a back room that all of us acnt do our paperwork in at the same time. It is maddening cause you want to tell them to F off but they know where you work. lol
the_diversion

Mar 9, 2005, 9:08 PM
I also work in the mall and its great because I encounter this quite a bit. One of the best things that I did was when they staqrt yelling, when this happens I act like I can't hear them and then they put their mouth in the little crack and start screaming whatever they want. I still act like I can't hear them and they yell louder,then after awhile I am like Oh... yah... were closed.

Devin

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.