Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 8 replies

call friends far, far away

ralph_on_me

Mar 31, 2005, 1:16 PM
I must say that I believe that next month my store will look better than it ever has. I can let my geeky side shine through, and probably get away with dressing up like Star Wars characters the entire month.
coganc

Mar 31, 2005, 2:51 PM
You just got all the Star Wars POP didn't you.
ralph_on_me

Mar 31, 2005, 3:10 PM
oh heck yes I did... I'm gonna go nuts with the posters and decorations too. I wonder if I could bring up my stars wars legos to display around the store...
coganc

Mar 31, 2005, 3:21 PM
That would be awesome. I sell four carriers so I don't get to put up a lot. Heck, alot of the phones on the POP we don't have in stock
ElmerFudPucker

Mar 31, 2005, 3:50 PM
What carriers do you sell for, Ralph on me, and this may be a dumb question but what is POP
and where does the greatest gift to modern cinema tie into it?
ralph_on_me

Mar 31, 2005, 4:50 PM
Honestly I don't know what POP stands for, but it's all the stuff we put up for display. I sell Cingy and they've got some sweet deal with Lucasfilm or something because I've got Anakin Skywalker, Yoda, and Chewwie plastered all over my store. 😁
jkrivjansky

Mar 31, 2005, 4:52 PM
I think it's Point of Purchase

I may be wrong tho....
ElmerFudPucker

Mar 31, 2005, 5:01 PM
I am so jealous, I sell every other national carrier and we are looking to add 'Jack' to our arsenal, but they don't want us to sell any other GSM carriers or something like that!
Mobile-El

Apr 2, 2005, 3:13 PM
Yes, POP is point of purchase material often referred to as collateral. This is some of the funniest stuff I have ever seen. I must have gotten 20 full size posters with Yoda and the gang on them. I run wireless store not a comic book store. I thought movie tie-ins were for fast food restaurants. Will Anakin Skywalker be using a RAZR in this soon to be realsed film. What other product tie ins can we expect. Maybe he will drink pepsi or drive an audi, oh wait that was I-Robot. Have a good day all
E

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.