Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

Spring Break

ElmerFudPucker

Mar 26, 2005, 10:21 AM
Is it just me or is spring break the worst week to work in this industry? I had 3 dozen kids in my store yesterday, all pre paid, with problems or issues with their phones and everyone was as rude as they could possibly be.
Also, what's up with people whose voice gets softer and harder to hear with every word they say, it's like they are intentionally trailling off to make it impossible to understand what they are trying to say! Mabey it's just me, so I'm wondering if anyone else has had the pleasure of these experiences.
coganc

Mar 26, 2005, 10:30 AM
The ones I love are the ones when you are asking for their info for a credit check. They start so you can hear them and trail off. Then when you ask them to repeat it they get mad like you aren't paying attention. Or you repeat it back to make sure you got it right and the ask if you were listening the first time. Of course, most of them leave my store and talk to their friends so loud you can hear them in our backroom from outside
ElmerFudPucker

Mar 26, 2005, 10:53 AM
I get these people that for some reason, they will not let me multi-task. If I don't maintain eye contact they get furious! I mean they will say "I'll wait till you get finished " when I am just putting info. into the computer or printing a reciept or something. I don't get it, I think it's because they are incapable of doing 2 things at once so they suspect that no one else can either, but if I don't multi-task I would never get anythnig accomplished around here!
ralph_on_me

Mar 26, 2005, 11:08 AM
I'm glad it's not just me that gets that... the last time it happened I was the only one here and there were five parites in the store waiting to be helped.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.