Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

You must log in to post.

bear-vzw-csr

May 31, 2005, 1:00 AM

The airplane on the phone, and other crazy calls

LordObento suggested that there could be an entire forum just for discussing goofy calls. So I thought I’d start a new thread.

One of my favorites is the guy who called from a hotel in Cleveland, and said:

“Yeah, I’m not sure what I need to do here. I just flew in from Dallas, and I left the airplane on the phone.”

Of course, what he meant was that he left his phone on the airplane. Clearly the guy was nervous and worried about the missing phone, and I’m sure this explains why he got his words mixed up.

But I still think it’s one of the funniest things I’ve ever heard a customer say. I wanted to tell him that the phone was probably damaged beyond repair if there was an airplane on top of it, but I wasn’t sure he would find ...
(continues)
Vatothe0

May 30, 2005, 2:55 AM

Verizon Demo Phone Program

How long does it take to get one of these phones?

A friend filled out the form last week and I did one too. Does it come with it's own service or do you program it onto your account? Do PDA phones come with the data package?

How do you sign up for "test phones" that may or may not get released? I've heard of a few people at my call center that have them but I don't know who they are.

I'm in the west area by the way
ali_dawn

May 28, 2005, 6:22 PM

That was weird..

😕

This lady just walked up to my booth and said, "Okay, now I do have a question. I'm a total moron and don't know how phones work. I have US Cellular and I was wondering if i could buy a phone from you and use it."

WTF.. the way she said it made me actually NOT think exactly what she said. I mean most of the time, if she hadn't forwarned me, I would have tossed her into the catagory of 'stupid customer'. But since she called herself that, naturally I was thinking.. "No you not."

Okay, weirdness over! Now back to boredom and my book! 😈
hbchad

May 14, 2005, 11:28 PM

Cingular Migration

Here's my story:
I'm an att cust who goes to college almost 4 hours away from my hometown. Although the school is in the same state it is in a different area code. Initially, I went into my local (at school) cingular store to perform the migration but was told they could not do it for me because my number was in a different market. I called customer service to do a migration over the phone but was informed that they would not ship my phone to an address that was in a different area from my home market. They told me to go to the store and do it. After i informed them that i had already tried that and that they couldn't get the information the rep said the store was mistaken and could do it "she could see it on her computer." I returned...
(continues)
2 replies
WirelessStoned

May 24, 2005, 3:27 PM

GRRRRRRRRR

👿 👿 As a vzw indirect agent I hate fixing cusomerservice problems and I hate not getting anything out of it more. Sure we may gain a customer here in our store but I can't match a new every two deal so I always loose on upgrades to the direct store (which is basically across the street from me) I get countless complaints about the direct store but I still am not seeing an increase in my business even though everyone leaves here satisfied. Any suggestions on how to get the people to come to me?
sunvzw

May 20, 2005, 8:28 PM

vzw customer care?????????

i have a customer that has never gone over any min...but has a bill of 1,156.51 and has a phone nuber that has been call about a thousand min this month and she dose not know the number. the fraud depo.. will not help dose anyone have any ideas for this customer? customer care is also turning her in circles.
14 replies
drewsoccer17

May 21, 2005, 8:44 PM

PI$$ED OFF!!!!!!!

Do you know what pi$$es me off beyond all belief? Customers who come in with their phone up to their ear and shush me when i greet them. So what did I do as soon as he was done I placed a call on my cell phone and shushed him right back. Now I can normally resist the urges to throw the $hit that customers give you right back at them, but today I just felt like having fun. IN CLOSING, IF YOU ARE NOT READY TO BE HELPED STAY PUCK OUT OF MY STORE UNTIL YOU ARE!!!!!!! 👿 😈 👿 😈 🙄
3 replies
SINR714

May 17, 2005, 3:27 PM

signals???

any one work for signals
4 replies
samziamz

May 20, 2005, 8:24 PM

Motorola E375!!

Anyone know where I can find a Motorola e375, blue in color? I believe it was not released in the US, but should be compatible with any sim provider. Please help me out. thanks.
texaswireless

May 20, 2005, 1:53 PM

Do you have this CLA?

Ok, saw a phone that brought back some memories.

This lady just came in with an ANALOG StarTAC and wanted a CLA. I remember when those first were launched and how cool they were. A cool $GRAND$ that is!

Damn how time flies.
1 reply
freedomwireless

May 3, 2005, 11:59 AM

The nerve!

As I am setting up a new account this afternoon, I notice a patron studying the HUGE map of mall stores less than 6 feet from my location. She rudely interrupts and asks where ***( a competitor) is. I look at her and ask her if she asks Mcdonald's where burger king is? Then point in the competitors direction. They are also CLEARLY visible from my stand, With their 10 foot tall white and pink sign. After she goes on her way she stops back, interrupts again, and asks if I am always here and asks my name, as if to threaten me! I cant believe how odd some middle aged people act. 😳
28 replies
muchdrama

May 18, 2005, 12:41 PM

Hurry up, damn you!

Only 10 hours 19 minutes till Ep. III. Whee!
3 replies
AJatRadioShack

May 9, 2005, 3:17 AM

Sprint Dealer Rep

My store changed districts back in January, which changed out dealer reps. I went from having a seasoned professional that could get me almost anything (including a tower near my manager's house) to a virtually untrained ***** that can't even return a phone call. Am I dealing with the exception or the rule?
2 replies
majicant

May 16, 2005, 10:01 AM

Whats your store like?

I've had the pleasure of working for a few different agent locations; some good some bad.

A friend of mine worked for an agent in the Cleveland area and one of the stores was so nice. In the back room there were 2 couches, a big screen TV with dish network, and an xbox. The owner of the store didnt mind employees relaxing in the back as long as customers were taken care of when they were in.
1 reply
majicant

May 16, 2005, 9:51 AM

Replies You Hate

Cust: I need a car charger for my phone.

Me: What kind of phone is it?

Cust: Its a camera phone
texaswireless

May 13, 2005, 5:23 PM

Migration Question

Ok, so I am helping a customer with a migration. She is a Houston customer going to school here in Lubbock. Since we aren't a blue and orange market I have never done this before. Tried to process this via customer service, which transferred me to some sales department.

To get to the point, every shipping address we gave was "invalid" according to this guy's computer. I even tried giving him my personal home address, no good.

We cancelled the order, went to Cingular.com and processed the order and shipped it to her address no problem.

Anyone else encountered this issue. I asked and he said no manager or anyone could "override" the shipping address error.

Just wondering...
1 reply
hishkebibble

May 1, 2005, 11:18 AM

the reasons that Sundays suck..

1-you are hung over from saturday

2- it is too damn bright in here

3-normally annoying people become more annoying

4-the playoffs are on

5-the idiots standing around yelling "WHAT TIME YOU OPEN???"
just because i'm here doesn't mean i opened yet, we don't just descend from the heavens and are magically ready for business!!
17 replies
imnotcingular

May 9, 2005, 7:06 PM

Cingular

any one working for cingular right now?
2 replies
sw44

May 9, 2005, 2:54 PM

sin city recommendations?!?

hello all,

i am starting the process of moving to the las vegas area and i was interested in opinions from users and or employees there of where to work. what carrier works better etc.? any and all input would greatly appreciated.

ps. i do have experience of selling all the major carriers i.e. t-mo, cin, ver, spr and nextel, from the indirect i work for now.
justpeachy

May 8, 2005, 12:12 PM

customer's volume issues

customer: i can't hear people when I'm on the phone

me: is the volume turned up enough?

customer: It doesn't matter what the volume is, I can't hear them

me: *takes phone, turns up volume on earpiece, makes test call to another store to check it out, can hear person fine*

me: I can hear just fine, your volume was just turned down too low

customer: You mean if the volume is turned down I can't hear?

😳
1 reply

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.