Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 33 replies

Corporate Store -vs.- Authorized Agent

ElmerFudPucker

Mar 10, 2005, 5:30 PM
I know you corporate guys hate us agents and vice versa, but I must say that I absolutely love being able to send pre paid customers to the corporate stores!!! I don't make any money from ppd and furthermore I just lose inventory and future bsuiness cause I am either low on phones or waisting time with a ppd idiot!!! So I am not sorry, but I do feel for you corporate guys having to do all the dirty work!
Cigee

Mar 10, 2005, 5:48 PM
Hahaha....can't we all just get along? Think about it this way corporate peeps.....we are sending you business just like when you tell people that want refurbished phones that WE sell them just to get them out of your hair. Hey we don't have refurbs, Joe Customer, but how about you come see me when you track one down and I will trurn it back on for you AND give you an accessory for really cheap! We welcome the business and Im sure ya'll do too!
ccanady

Mar 10, 2005, 6:07 PM
lol I thought they was only doing that to my store. I get that alot about the refurbs.
Cigee

Mar 10, 2005, 6:41 PM
I have actually had customers come tell me that they told the direct sprint store up the street that we do not sell refurbs and they STILL send customers over here.
ccanady

Mar 11, 2005, 2:25 PM
have you ever have the customer that came from a corporate store telling you that they sent them over to see you because they dont have loaners but you do?
Grantizzle

Mar 11, 2005, 2:30 PM
ccanady said:
have you ever have the customer that came from a corporate store telling you that they sent them over to see you because they dont have loaners but you do?

nope
Cigee

Mar 11, 2005, 5:01 PM
ccanady said:

It wouldn't be a normal week with out 2 or 3 of them!!!!
verizonagent45

Mar 25, 2005, 7:20 PM
yep....and we do, actually alot of us agents sell our own insurance allowing for us to do the loaner stock, we've found it very popular, i mean that way out customers arent without a phone for a month 😉
phoneshark

Mar 10, 2005, 8:48 PM
I'm actually thinking of becoming an indirect or authorized dealer and leaving this corporate sales hole behind. You guys have alot of the perks and none of the CS headaches.
JamieKay

Mar 10, 2005, 10:06 PM
except for indirect can't do half of what we can do.
ElmerFudPucker

Mar 11, 2005, 11:29 AM
The only things corporate stores can do, that the agents can't are all things nobody wants to do anyway. Like take payments, look up account info., deal with all problems and headaches! That's o.k. with me, that I can't do those things, infact I am happy to send a customer that I just sold a phone, to the corporate store for a payment, no problem at all!!!
Cigee

Mar 11, 2005, 1:03 PM
One other downside......We can't give upgrades near as cheap as direct stores and we have to charge alot for phones for T and Q class customers in Tmobile. Otherwise, yeah indirect rocks!
ElmerFudPucker

Mar 11, 2005, 1:58 PM
I have my phones priced just below Corporate stores and corporate on-line as well, but they get me on the upgrades.
verizonagent45

Mar 25, 2005, 7:26 PM
Well there is a problem with your rep. we can match any price our direct store sets here at our verizon athourized agent
Cigee

Mar 25, 2005, 7:44 PM
Tmobile and Verizon are 2 very different companies. I don't sell verizon phones. T and Q class are for Tmobile
ccanady

Mar 11, 2005, 2:28 PM
ElmerFudPucker said:
infact I am happy to send a customer that I just sold a phone, to the corporate store for a payment, no problem at all!!!

one point for authorized agents, zero for corporate...
texaswireless

Mar 23, 2005, 11:32 PM
Actually several points for corporate when agents tell customers they are not full service. The next time they need to send a friend to buy a phone they will say, "Yeah that agent was ok, but since they can't service my product you might as well go to the store that can".

I spent many hours conditioning my team that we ARE full service. Since we can perform every action a corporate store can do except cash payments.
JamieKay

Mar 11, 2005, 5:56 PM
Yeah your right, we do deal with the headaches too but I would rather know that I can help my customer 100% and not have to pass them off to someone else, if I can help them and fix their problems what is the rate that I am going to get referrals from my customers? Probably higher than if I couldn't!
cingcing

Mar 11, 2005, 6:15 PM
question.

If indirect is SO much better than corporate, why do we get one indirect rep a week asking if we are hiring?
Grantizzle

Mar 11, 2005, 6:23 PM
because corp. pays better.
cingcing

Mar 11, 2005, 6:46 PM
oh yeah
Cigee

Mar 11, 2005, 9:13 PM
Yeah we get paid crap but you almost feel loyal to the company because it becomes a family and it is more laid back. I personally would like to go to a direct Tmobile store. I need more money!
JamieKay

Mar 12, 2005, 10:14 PM
What sell for T? nay, i think either verizon or us. in my opinion there isn't another carrier out there!
Cigee

Mar 14, 2005, 8:08 PM
Ok no offense but I don't want to work for a solely CDMA company. I would rather work with GSM. The technology and benifits to GSM are just fascinating to me. I don't want to work for Cingular because it is just sooo big and a little too corporate for my liking. I Many of my old fellow employees work for Tmobile and they seem to love it. I really don't know. I guess I'm still waiting to get promoted here.
theclarks1

Mar 25, 2005, 11:04 AM
Not only is the pay better but benefits, vacation some dont offer, but on the up side, much more freedom to sell the customer, not as much for getting the customer out the door. Spend an additional 10 minutes see what happens. More referrals, more cusotmer satisfaction, less chargebacks.
ralph_on_me

Mar 25, 2005, 11:19 AM
theclarks1 said:
Not only is the pay better but benefits, vacation some dont offer, but on the up side, much more freedom to sell the customer, not as much for getting the customer out the door. Spend an additional 10 minutes see what happens. More referrals, more cusotmer satisfaction, less chargebacks.

/agree

I'm an agent too, but premiere so only one service. I'm not a pushy guy though, I spend the time to find what's best and that's why I'm proud to say I had less that a $1.50 in chargebacks over the past three months.
theclarks1

Mar 25, 2005, 1:00 PM
Thats an awesome return rate. The big thing for us is we offer a couple of carriers that do kind of a contract with unlimited minutes and the area that we are in is very mountainous(dont know if thats spelled correctly) so the carriers that offer this are more interstate coverage kind of similar to sprint. So out in some of the backwoods places in the hollers...lol they really dont work, so some people even though you tell them they still end up bringing them back. These carriers will also approve just about anyone on a credit plan so thats part of the issues also.
JamieKay

Mar 12, 2005, 10:12 PM
one point corporate!
burntorange

Mar 13, 2005, 4:07 PM
Benifits?? Unlimited personal phone plan? I think the only big benifit to and agent goes to the owner of the agency. 🙂
texaswireless

Mar 23, 2005, 11:41 PM
Not true at all.

If you have a stingy owner that may be true. If you have a good owner there are tremendous benefits. Expansion provides greater promotional opportunities. More freedom on pricing and more upside on commission (my top reps always make more than top company owned reps).

If you get in on the ground floor you could also receive ownership. Many agents offer stock options or owner operated agreements.
texaswireless

Mar 23, 2005, 11:35 PM
The grass is always greener.

I get just as many call center employees applying at my store(s). I also know that every employee that we lost to the company owned locations quit because the offer was better than the job.
verizonagent45

Mar 25, 2005, 7:24 PM
Thats a down right lie we consitantly out sell the direct store that is just down the street. I think it is their lack of people skills that is holding them back...plus it takes 4 employees to help 2 customers as where we handle 2 customers at a time per employee and handle them well we do 😎
verizonagent45

Mar 25, 2005, 7:17 PM
Who do you sell for, I'm an autho agent for Verizon, and you right I'm not a big fan of the corp. guys, but we deal with pre-pay and we make commission on the cards, the phones, and the new acts. I wouldn't dare send them to a corporate store. PS just because they are on pre-pay doesn't make them idiots, for some its the wise decision. and for others credit isn't built yet leaving them with little option.
texaswireless

Mar 26, 2005, 10:02 PM
Good call. Besides, numerous industry reports and insiders state prepaid is the largest growth opportunity for wireless. It sucks if your employer doesn't pay you for selling prepaid. It is actually as profitable as a post paid activation over the long term.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.