Hottest phone I've ever had!
I've had the phone for about 3 monthes now and still find new stuff to do with it seemingly everyday. I have mine through US Cellular and have never dropped a call. It's by far the best phone i've ever had. I work in the industry so i play with alot of different phones and still haven't found a phone that compares with this one. Though it was rather pricey when i first got it but after seeing what all it can do and how taking the transflash memory card and putting around 50 mp3's on it thought it was well worth it. A friend of mine has the moto v3 razor with Cingular swears his is better but i beg to differ!!!
ability to use mobile phone tools and make my own clearer ringtones
high quality pictures when loaded from the computer to phone
all the features
Battery life isn't the best
sometimes it freezes up but probably b/c of what all i have on the phone
help in sending and receiving pics
I just purchased my V10 phone as up grade for business purposes, ir has great reception 99% of time, the thing that is troublesome is and sending text and pics, I cannot sent or receive pictures from Verizon users ( I have Eloqui Wireless.) The phone was confiscated three times in two weeks by the sales person to be re-program, to no avail. If I send text, there is a long delay, the phone says that my messages were sent but the people never receive them and I cannot receive pics from other phones. Do I need a new phone? I paid alot of money for this thing I was told by the salesman it was the best out there. Any answers? Should i demand a new phone or go to the 810?
Thanks for your help.
VERY GOOD PHONE YET NOT THE BEST FROM VERIZON
I own this phone since nine months already. The phone has fell from my hands for like two times and it is not scratched that much. The camera is a little bit crippled but is a phone.
* AWSOME reception
* BIG screen and user friendly
* LOUD mp3 ring tones
* Option to use a SD card (and yes there is trick to transfer mp3 ring tones from your SD card to your phone or pics)
* Bluetoooth capabilities
* Nice looking and big front LCD Screen
* GOOD VOICE COMMAND FEATURE THE BEST DO FAR
* A LOT OF ACCESORIES TO BUY
* NICE MP3 PLAYER YOU CAN CONNECT MOTO STEREO HEADSET AND LISTEN MUSIC FROM YOU SD CARD (NEED AT LEAST 256 MD MINI SD CARD)
* CRIPPLED BLUETOOTH NOT NICE
* POOR BATTERY NEED TO BUY EXTENDED BATTERY FOR EXTRA APPS AND IF YOY USE BLUETOOTH IS NOT AN IS A REQUIREMENT IF YOU TALK MORE THAN 5 HOURS IN THE DAY
* BATTERY GETS SUCKED IN POOR RECEPTION AREAS LIKE ALL CDMA CELL PHONES
* SOME TIME SCREEN FREEZES (JUST CLOSE THE CLAMSHELL PROBLEM RESOLVED)
* DONT TRY TO TAKE PICS AT NIGHT TAKE THEM IN SUNNY DAYS AND IM TELLING YOU THEY LOOK REAL GOOD
IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS ASK ME
The Motorola V710 is truly a great phone, and a few of you folks who find fault in it seem to be missing the point. A cell phone is a tool. If you think it's a toy, then don't buy it. You will surely be disappointed.
Those of you who aren't happy about Verizon turning off some features that Motorola built into this phone, you need not fret nor take the hacker approach to correct the problem. Simply take your phone to the nearest Verizon store and say you want them to upgrade your phone's software to the new version. There is no charge for this service and they will gladly do it while you wait. It doesn't get much better than that.
Those of you who have complaints about battery performance, please keep in mind that any cell phone with greater calling power and signal strength performance will use a bit more electrical power. Decide which is more important to you.... greater overall telephone performance, or longer battery life. Then also go out and buy the extended power battery and the larger case lid that comes with it, and keep the thinner standard battery and case as a backup... should you ever require one. Anyone ever heard of a battery charger?
For those of you who rate a cell phone by unimportant features such as a MP3 music player, a portable Game-Boy, a camera, or to warn you of a radar cop down the road... please get your priorities in order. I don't know what line of work you are in, but I do know your cell phone does not replace all the other tools you carry. Get yourself a radar detector, and if you want to take quality photos in the field, carry a good digital camera with you. I only require my cell phone to be the best sending & receiving telephone that money can buy. My Motorola V710 meets that performance standard anywhere and anytime.
And last but not least, Bluetooth does everything it's designed to do. It's purpose is simply to release you from wearing a wire that almost all other cell phones require you get tangled up in.
On the 6th replacement
OK I have to say that if this phone worked it would be wonderful.
1. These phones are know to have a problem with the screen going Gray with a few bars running horizontal at the bottom. This is not right and should not happen. This happened to me on two different V710's.
2. The Bluetooth does not always work with these phones. I have had to replace a phone to only find the replacement did not work on the Bluetooth before I left the Verizon store. This happened to me with two different V710's also.
3. The metal circle around the lens comes off then the lens will crack if this happens.
4. When making a call on the speaker phone the party you have called does not hear you.
5. If you have bought this phone with Verizon then you can not use the Bluetooth with out it ringing out loud. The old software was changed by Verizon to make it ring once before just ringing on the Bluetooth. I do not like this change.
Excellent Phone; Very Pleased
I have a US Cellular v710 with the newer firmware. Love the phone and the service. I was using a v810 (excellent phone for me) but with the new Chicago hands-free law, it was time to get a v710.
1. Bluetooth headset (HS850).
2. I can get it to sync with my Mac using BT.
3. Large display. Clean and crisp.
4. Love the "Obey Moto" voice recognition.
5. Great RF and speakerphone.
1. So-so camera, but not a dealbreaker. Rarely use it.
2. No rotating holster. This was a request by Verizon so Verizon could sell you an accessory that does rotate. As a result, USCC and Alltel get the same holster.
a decent phone with lots of features
just got my phone last week, so I'll reserve judgement on some aspects. Obtained from Verizon specifically to integrate with my Acura TL. Contrary to many recent reviews, Verizon was forced to activate most functions following a lawsuit submitted late in 2004. Since Feb 1 2005, most functions are now active. If your phone was activated earlier this year, it may have the old software and needs to be updated to v 1.42 Then everything should be fine without having to go through a hacking process
Motorola V710 (and Verizon)
I used this site quite a bit when researching my recent phone purchase so I figure I need to "give back" for everyone who is going through the same thing I was.
A little quick background... I was a Sprint customer for 6-7 years. Wife needed a new phone. Was going to buy her a new one at Sprint. Then mine broke and we needed two. Then I started contemplating providers and made the swith to Verizon for many reasons that aren't on topic here. I have been happily on Verizon for a few weeks now.
I originally purhased an LG Vx-8000 because they did not have this phone when I was buying. I traded it back in and I have now had this phone for almost a week.
Internal screen: Good color, bright and clear.
Bluetooth: Even in limited form provides a good benefit.
Good keys: Different layout with the center keys, but easy to adjust to.
Design & Shape: This is a good looking phone! Slides in pocket easily despite size.
Web: Large screen, good browser (Openwave).
Storage: Via Transflash card (extra 256 MB!).
Speakerphone: Good on both ends, people don't even know I am using it.
Accessories: Lots of them!
Outside screen: Cannot personalize much.
Bluetooth: Why limit the capabilities (Verizon). Lots of hacks out there to remedy.
Flip: Does not feel as strong as some, not sure how it will hold up.
Interfaces: American vs. Japanese? Not an intuitive as LG and Samsung
Camera: Grainy, Settings are cumbersome to use. Not good quality photos.
Again, I have not had the phone too long and I have read a lot of reviews regarding reliability. So far it is working great for me. I like this phone and the features are rich for the price I paid ($150 w/$50 rebate) so I am content with the price.
We'll see how it holds up. Now it's off to buy Bluetooth gadgets and memory cards to accompany this phone!
Very good Phone and GREAT after Seem Editing
I have had the v710 for about 20 days now.
It has the best of any phone brand that I have owned (Nokia, Audiovox, Moto, others)
I work 2 concrete and steel floors beneath ground and this phone gets out!
The camera and MP3 are not great but good enough (it's a phone!) If you forget the real camera it will work with good lighting.
I love the fact that with Motorola mobile PhoneTools 3.x I can download/synchronize my phone book from outlook or other program and tweak the addresses just the way I want them.
The features are nice with the stock phone from Verizon, however once you seem edit it it is a GREAT phone.
To seem edit go to http://motov710.blogspot.com/ and follow the steps EXACTLY and you will have a great phone! It's easy to do!
BTW the MP3 DOES work with the flip closed! Just press option "Hide" and close it.
+ Excellent Reception
+ Best voice dialing I've ever had
+ Loud and clear speakerphone - People can't tell when I switch to speaker while on the phone!
+ Volume is very good - you can hear it ring! And with custom ring tones you can choose a really obnoxious ring tone to get your attention
- Camera produces grainy picture in low-light situations
- case is slick...easy to drop
- Keys too small for big fingers - use I use finger nails
- Battery life is not great but will work if you charge regularly
- Buttons kind of easy to bump on the side
I am a gadget freak and I am overall very pleased with the phone after seem edits and would still get the phone without seem edits.
It is a great phone first...
but doesn't have the best toys if that is what you are in to. If you want a phone with awesome reception, clear voice quality, excellent speaker-phone, Bluetooth functionality, and best in the class voice recognition dialing, then this is the phone for you. In four months I have never had a dropped call, and rarely couldn't get a signal no matter where I was in the Mid-Atlantic region, and I travel a fair bit.
On the con side, if you like toys, you may be disappointed. The camera and MP3 player are just average, and the PIM functionality is weak. Also, the keypad is a little oddly designed, and the backlighting is uneven. battery life is so-so, but livable If you are a Verizon customer, just keep in mind that the Bluetooth is limited to using the phone as a modem, and using it with hands-free headsets, but it does excel at these! None of these were big issues for me, so I still gave it a 4.5