Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

Page 1...673674675 676 677

You must log in to post.

adlman

Aug 26, 2004, 4:35 PM

Can anyone answer a simple Nokia 6820 question for me??? Is there a way to utilize SMS without the message showing always right after you sent it?

Everytime I send an SMS it goes right back to that screen with my SMS I just sent on it and I have to go through OPTIONS and then CLEAR TEXT. It is inconvenient to say the least.
Mobile-El

Aug 25, 2004, 10:45 AM

Had a winner this am, what a way to start the day...

Guy comes in at 10am as soon as we open, he's ready to get a phone. I run through the usual probing questions. We hit a little bump when I asked if has an active phone or has had one in the past. "Yes, I had ATTWS phone that was lost last October, but i paid it off"

So, I run new credit, its over 6 months, so he would qualify as a new subsriber. It goes to manual review, not a good sign

He comes back with 2 closed accounts, both in collections, one from fall '02 and the other March '04.

The kicker, there was another application run on this guy yesterday. I love when people go to more than one place to try to get approved for service

Hope everyone has a great day.
2 replies
cellphone gurl

Aug 23, 2004, 8:56 PM

edge rewards

for anyone who gets EDGE rewards there are 2 tests you can take on the site one TDMA and one GSM. Each are worth 500 points if you can pass the test. Since I am in TDMA I passed that test no problem. GSM is another story......I had to write the test 5 times before I passed. They don't teach us about anything in GSM and a lot of the questions have to do with how you can and can't set up service. oh well it was worth 1000 points between the 2 of them
4 replies
SammyJankis

Aug 23, 2004, 4:10 PM

How To Get Ahead In Business

those of you who are in the industry i'm interested to know what current level or title you hold i.e. customer service rep, sales rep, technical assistance rep, etc? and are you doing it as a job or are you doing it as a career in the wireless service industry?

me i initially started doing it because i needed a job, but after the first 6 months i realized that i actually liked the job and i wanted to stay in the business and move up. i want to go up from customer service to quality assurance here at vzw next and after i finish school i may reapply for a executive position back at my old employer cinglar.
3 replies
Lord_Gawkerbane

Aug 21, 2004, 10:30 AM

Language Barrier

I'm pretty sure this ends up happening to everyone in the retail sales end of things to some degree or another.

Someone comes over and wants to buy a phone and they don't speak english very well, so a friend or relative turns into a translator. You work through the translator and answer a question which sparks a seemingly endless conversation in a language that's incomprehensible to you before another question, or an "Okay, thanks," followed by a wave and a walk. Similar things can happen with people, mostly couples, who do speak english well enough, but discuss things at length in a language you can't understand.

Some of the ones I've run across at my current location: Spanish, portuguese, hindi, chinese (not sure what dialect), and...
(continues)
9 replies
mobile_guru

Aug 20, 2004, 2:01 PM

Whats the longest it took you to sell a phone????

4 hours.
Had to explain everything about those phones.
sold:
2 t681 phones $800
2 bluetooth head sets $360
2 car chargers oem $80
2 holsters oem $80
2 extra bat $120
2 desktops $100
total = $1540.00

It was one good sale. Customer for life.
took longer than i would want it to, but hey i dont mind giving you all the time as long as you paying enough.
2 replies
SammyJankis

Aug 15, 2004, 9:40 PM

Credits?

whats the highest amount of credits that you've given to one customer? and for what issue?

i just gave about $240 just now for overages, proation, and a late fee. and i've only been working here a week. when i was at a previous company i gave over $400 for a sales save to keep them from closing the accounts i set up because their daughters kept going over the minutes. i had a $1000 commission i had to protect. lol!!!
9 replies
sammy2

Aug 2, 2004, 8:57 AM

hiring criteria for retail store csr

What do you think the skill set ought to be for hiring a retail store csr? What weight in importance would you apply to each skill? In your experience what has been the skill set and weights?
1 reply
tequilasundae

Jul 29, 2004, 1:45 PM

anyone ever have a customer go completely postal on ya??

Nos4a2 and i were working when a young man came in who had our prepaid service,said his phone didn't work and demanded a new one cause it was under warranty...the phone had scratches and the antenna was chewed, as well as water damage...we told him he'd have to buy another new or used at a reduced price, but that his warranty was voided...he then went as they say "postal" said we should have told him we wouldn't take it back if he damaged it...that he was a first time customer and he didn't know...i asked him if he could buy a car, drive it into a wall and try to take it back cause its under warranty , which only pissed him off further...he said he wouldn't leave till he got a phone, and we weren't gonna give him a "dumbass" discount...mall ...
(continues)
4 replies
bostonguy1958

Jul 29, 2004, 1:39 PM

funny phone call

I had a phone call yesterday from a guy who told me he needed to clean his phone ...it seems the wife wears just a little too much makeup as it is all over his key pad and between the cracks.I told him "i'm glad you called ' he interuppted me and said "hold on ' my wife put it in the dishwasher and now it will nolonger power on ....after explaining the basic water / electrical conflicts...he was angered that our warranty did not cover a replacement.
2 replies
DDA

May 29, 2004, 9:25 AM

Porting problems!

I have had 5 fallouts so far with 8 attempts. They all got fixed and went through, but it was still kind of a pain. Verizon is the one carrier that I have had 4 of them fallout from, but it was the customers fault for not keeping accurate records. I Wireless (local T-Mobile) was the other one and that was my fault. 🤭

Anyone else having difficulty, and if so which carrier(s).
15 replies
renfield

Jul 26, 2004, 8:33 AM

Tech Agent question on Possible Sales Job

Heyall, new to the forumns here but since I have the day off due to being home witha ruptured ear-drum (Makes my call center job a tad hard to do!) figured I'd sign up and start posting since I've been impressed with Phonescoop since I found it last year thanks to a customer.
By way of introduction I am currently a Cellphone Tech for Samsung phones (Work for an outsource company here in Austin, Texas). I do Level-1 support, Accessory sales and Data Support, meaning when customers call for help with Synchronizng their i-series phones to their computers (i300, i330, i500, i600 & i700), I'm one of the schmucks they get to talk to. Previous To Samsung I worked for Siemens (Same Outsource company that has since lsot the Siemens account to anoth...
(continues)
2 replies
sammy2

Jul 26, 2004, 1:02 PM

VZW data transfer services -your opinion?

For years now I have been using the VZW service at some of their stores to transfer my phone book to a new phone. At times it was frustrating because only some stores had the equipment but in general I reeeeally appreciated the service!

I understand it takes time for a sales person to do the work but it was a great service and would save me loads of time.

Last time I went into the store I noticed a sign stating that VZW was going to start charging for the service. This business decision seems short sighted.

If the person is a VZW customer they are coming in to transfer data to a new phone either because they upgraded or replaced a broken phone. The service maintains a happy customer and provides convenience to them at low cost. ...
(continues)
7 replies
tequilasundae

Jul 22, 2004, 10:37 AM

?? for yous guys,,,

is the summer always a dead time in cellular?? it seems like we havent' gotten anything out in the last 4 days!! 😢
7 replies
Airwar

Jul 18, 2004, 4:19 AM

Really? Is cell phone useage REALLY blocked at NASCAR Events?

Is this true, does some types of cell phone usage interfere with the telemetry for the cars?
4 replies
justpeachy

Jun 27, 2004, 3:32 PM

tequilasundae

are YOU from Go Wireless??? 😎
10 replies
sammy2

Jun 30, 2004, 6:34 PM

low rf area

As a Verizon customer for about five years now I have stuck with them through both challenging & good times. I now want to provide some feedback as a customer and receive feedback from workers in the field. I live and have a home office in Denver. When I married and moved to the new house in Denver I placed my wife on a Verizon service contract. At that time the retail store never mentioned that the area of the home was a low RF area. From my perspective it would have been appropriate if the CSR could have told us that if we were going to depend on calls to the home that would be problamatic given the low RF status. It would not have been a problem if we would not be depending on this particular site. Unfortunately I got the runaround ...
(continues)
4 replies
tequilasundae

Jun 27, 2004, 1:48 PM

gwfox

😎 does the GW stand fo gowireless.?
if so
1 reply
onyx550

Jun 17, 2004, 11:30 AM

my innostream 89 for sale

😎

hello everyone im looking to trade ir sell my innostream 89 im looking at getting a motorola v80 or a motorola v600 can some one help me out at a good price?
1 reply
aklax

Jun 23, 2004, 2:32 PM

moto v710/810 anyone have???

i am looking to purchase quantity of the v710 or v810 phones. please contact if you have any info??
3 replies
Page 1...673674675 676 677

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.