Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

How To Get Ahead In Business

SammyJankis

Aug 23, 2004, 4:10 PM
those of you who are in the industry i'm interested to know what current level or title you hold i.e. customer service rep, sales rep, technical assistance rep, etc? and are you doing it as a job or are you doing it as a career in the wireless service industry?

me i initially started doing it because i needed a job, but after the first 6 months i realized that i actually liked the job and i wanted to stay in the business and move up. i want to go up from customer service to quality assurance here at vzw next and after i finish school i may reapply for a executive position back at my old employer cinglar.
BowWowWow

Aug 23, 2004, 4:22 PM
Started at Radio Smack, then after college, moved to a retail sales position with a multi-carrier agent (Sprint, AT&T & TMobile). Then B2B sales with VZW. I'd like to move into repair/troubleshooting management but I don't have an engineering or electronics degree, just a liberal arts degree. I've learned a lot of things informally here, mostly by asking the right questions & hanging around the engineers & technicians a lot. I'd like to make a career out of telecom - I find it fascinating, I love electronics & gadgetry, and I think the market for telecom types will be strong throughout our lifetime. Lots of money being thrown around, especially at the mid- to executive levels. Hopefully, I'll stay with VZW, since I like the work, it pays wel...
(continues)
cellphone gurl

Aug 23, 2004, 8:34 PM
customer service rep. I have no motivation to apply for anything else at my center. I can be a red hat and answer questions for other reps and take esculated calls, or SLR where I monitor other reps calls and give feedback or a TL which don't make much more than we do when you look at the hours they put in. they are salary plus if i apply for anything else i am not promised the 8-4:30 shift i have now
SammyJankis

Aug 23, 2004, 10:05 PM
i i get salary it would have to be minimum $40k starting off because i can make about $30k working hourly with overtime. i made $35k with cingular last year off of hourly, thats with overtime + commission + extra incentives.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.