Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

You must log in to post.

tequilasundae

Oct 21, 2004, 6:11 PM

arrrrggghhh

👿 we have had a influx of people trying to return cell phones this week with only about a 3rd of the accessories...we have told them OVER and OVER that we need Everything they left the store with, but NOOOOOO 😡 ...guy had to get phones from his daughters, because ones baby mama ran the bill up on him..he comes back without the tray of the box in one , and no box pr earpiece or manual in the other..i had just talked to the guy 2 days ago...said "bring everything back""and then they want to say were ripping them off!! the audacity..!!! 😡 ..........................
4 replies
VZW Tech2

Oct 22, 2004, 2:49 PM

I'm Free!!!!!

Today is my last day as a VZW Technician. Yahoo!!! I'm finally out of the cellular business!!! I feel like a new man. No stress, no more dealing with asshats. The word escalation is permanently out of my vocabulary. Back to the computer industry where I CAN control the machines.

Peace out...it's only been fun while on here.

Ahh.... back to a peacefull existence and a normal schedule!!!
2 replies
jobrien02

Oct 23, 2004, 11:02 AM

I'm BORED!!!

😁 Anyone have any funny stories to tell me? I am bored out of my mind here, especially since it is 11am on a freakin Saturday and this mall is lame. People shop here on Monday and Tuesday nights or something. I am working ALL BY MYSELF again, so PLEASE PLEASE PRETTY PLEASE tell me a funny story, or something.
I have gotten so bored I am actually cleaning my kiosk. . . c'mon people, help me out!
5 replies
Acedith

Oct 21, 2004, 11:37 AM

ATTWS + Cingular = What for you?

What does everyone think about this deal going on?
How will it affect your life, job, or cell phone?
11 replies
HolmesSPH

Sep 20, 2004, 11:55 AM

Moisture Indicator??

😛
I am a VZW Sales Rep for about 3 months now, and today I read some posts which talked about a Moisture (liquid) Indicator under the battery. Can any one give me more info on this and where I can find it, or is it different for each phone???
Thanks
7 replies
Caiman1900

Oct 21, 2004, 9:50 PM

VZW Towers

Do any VZW employees know of any new towers planned for the Denver/Metro area?

Thx in advance
2Rails

Sep 5, 2004, 1:41 PM

frustration is setting in....

do you guys ever get asked things like "why didn't my phone work when i was in portland two weeks ago?" as they stand in your store (which is notably not anywhere near portland). what's the best way you've come up with for these poor souls? i know it's not their fault that they don't understand the technology, but i've already had three different people ask me questions like that today... and i still have 3 more hours to go...
24 replies
Mobile-El

Aug 23, 2004, 9:59 AM

Good morning, I am bored

Just checking in. I have nothing to rant about, but I think I getting hooked at chatting here. It is nice to talk to shop with others in the industry outside my market. I see the same Carrier and Vendor reps, there is nothing new going on right now. Listening to a "GSM America" commercial on the radio, our best network ever, yada yada. How many bars to youhave have? Right now I'd rather be in one.
Later, my phone friends
27 replies
adlman

Aug 25, 2004, 4:01 PM

New Nokia N-Gage

Anyone been able to play with the new N-GAGE yet???
1 reply
SammyJankis

Aug 23, 2004, 10:42 PM

The Ones We Hate

Wireless Call Center Employees Unite!!!

this is about the calls you hate, i know there is one or two or more types of calls that you absolutely can't stand. you know the ones where when they tell you their issue you bang your fist on the desk or throw your arms in the air. when you type their mobile number in the system you punch down on the keys hard with your fingers like a punch. let's vent...

i just got one a minute ago. lady calls in saying that she just checked her minutes of usage and it tells her that she's gone over (or the bill is "wrong" or "unusually high" and its due to overage) and she proceeds to tell me how she NEVER goes over her minutes and she hardly ever picks up her phone during the daytime hours and if i go back o...
(continues)
33 replies
gau

Oct 5, 2004, 3:38 AM

hi!

😉 Hey! Do you want to make friends with a little baby?
11 replies
cellphone gurl

Aug 25, 2004, 8:25 PM

notes on account

Do any dealers ever show customers notes on the account? When you bring up their account can they see what you are looking at?
8 replies
jss6801

Oct 15, 2004, 4:44 PM

Anyone from Qwest?

I am having problems programming a Kyocera 2135. It just resets. Is this phone locked? Never seen this before.
2 replies
Mobile-El

Aug 27, 2004, 11:36 AM

Insurance Nightmare, any ideas?

Afternoon all. I've got a wierd one here. Young lady comes into my ATTWS store this am. says she has the complete coverage by lockline, this consists of insurance plus warranty exchage. She called them and said the display went out. They process it through warranty exchange, avoiding the $35.00 insurance deductible.
So far so good, She uses the included envelope to send back the old one. She gets the phone back from then, rejected by warranty echange as it is two pieces. When she called up, she failed to mention, it broke in several pieces, thus casues the display to fail. Had she told them the whole story, she would have paid $35.00 and had the replacement. Now, because it was done through warranty they are billing her account $...
(continues)
36 replies
oofzgook

Oct 17, 2004, 10:44 PM

Sell me the Siemens phone

can anyone sell me either the Siemens sl 56 or 55? as i recently broke my Motorola 878 and i want a replacement phone. tell me how much you want me to pay for the phone and if i believe the price is reasonable ill make the transaction with you. thank you
SammyJankis

Oct 11, 2004, 12:19 PM

Company Man!

just wanted to let my peeps on this board know that i'm no longer stuck working for that nightmare of an outsourcing vendor. i'm now a full-time employee with verizon wireless w/benefits and i'm loving every freaking day of it. i'm on the retail sales team which i like because when i started in this business 3 years ago i started in sales. customer service was not working out for me. i'm so much happier now!

ya'll take care

still in the industry
sammy j.
3 replies
XPDX

Oct 10, 2004, 1:16 AM

bored now...

late shift, slow calls, mind wanders. hm, csr haiku?

no late call volume
hope on hope that someone in
hawaii calls me

what shall i do now?
late shift slow calls mind wanders
terrible haiku
21 replies
starwarsgirl

Oct 12, 2004, 2:45 PM

V180 Loose Backs

Has anyone out there been getting complaints about the backs of the new V180's falling off, or being very loose? Getting a lot of complaints at the ins. cc about that. Just curious.
4 replies
heynice

Oct 10, 2004, 4:17 PM

restricted phone (nokia)

If the code is not known, is there a master reset code to turn off a restriction error?
tadorros

Oct 7, 2004, 6:31 AM

Verizon Treo Alerts

My apologies for posting this on this forum as it is not dedicated to the Treo specifically, but I noticed that the Treo forum does not have a lot of activity and this answer to this question is quite important to me.

I recently bought a Verizon Treo 600. So far it has worked quite well; I have fortunately not experienced most of the problems listed on the site. However, I cannot seem to locate any preference to set continual alerts for voicemail or text messages, etc.

Maybe an example would help. On my Motorola phones when I missed a voicemail or text message it would continue to make a beep/sound or vibrate about once every 15/20 seconds until I checked the messages. I cannot seem to locate this function on the Treo. If you look at t...
(continues)
1 reply

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.