Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

You must log in to post.

kmfdmgod

Nov 15, 2004, 10:35 AM

Good morning

Well its Monday again ☚ī¸ . I hope this week is better than last week. It was so slow here.
euro

Nov 14, 2004, 4:05 PM

I have great credit...

Why do people think that just because they just bought a car that gives them good credit? Or just because they already have a phone thats going to increase their credit score? I find it very amusing when a customer originally had to pay a deposit for their first phone, was always late on their bills and now their pissed off because the phone company will not give them a new line.

Sorry everybody! Just had to vent and this seems to be the best place to do that. I hope everybody from all carriers has a wonderful day today.
mysticfeline03

Nov 11, 2004, 7:49 PM

no insurance on the razr???...wth

i cant believe you are not gonna be able to have insurancec on the new razr..that is messed up....any comments on the subject... đŸ˜ŗ
14 replies
sunvzw

Nov 12, 2004, 8:40 PM

WE SHOULD HAVE A TEST TO PORT NUMBERS

A LADY CAME IN AND ANOTHER VERZION STORE WAS SUPPOST TO PORT A NUMBER FROM T MOBILE INSTEAD THEY PORTED HER LAND LINE NUMBER AND ROYALY SCREWED EVERYTHING UP ON THIS LADY ACCOUNT FROM VERIZON LAND LINE AND WIRELESS...PLUS SHE OWES 2 MONTHES OF SERVICE STILL TO T MOBILE...THE MORONS IN THIS WORLD. đŸ˜ŗ THIS WAS AN INTERESTING TOPIC FOR THE POOR CUSTOMER CARE REP AT VERIZON..
4 replies
starwarsgirl

Nov 12, 2004, 4:52 PM

yep

i killed the room. đŸ˜ĸ
starwarsgirl

Nov 12, 2004, 3:42 PM

ooops...

I think that just killed the conversation in here. 😲
ShunAsa

Nov 10, 2004, 5:08 PM

Bored? Let's play a game!

My co-worker introduced us to this game last night. I will start it off by saying a movie title, you think of the actors in that movie and give me another movie that one of those actors was in...
EXAMPLE: "The Color Purple"
ANSWER: "Lethal Weapon" (Danny Glover)
SOME1 ELSE: "Payback" (Mel Gibson)
and so on and so on.....I'll start it off...

Saving Private Ryan
142 replies
SammyJankis

Aug 23, 2004, 2:34 PM

Insurance!!!

please all reps advise your customers to subscribe to wireless insurance. i am so tired of getting calls where the customer says 'my phone is broken what can you do to get me a new one' and i don't see insurance on the account and i have to argue with them about company policy regarding phone replacements. i'm not blaming you guys though forreal i'm sure all you offer it, its just that the customers refuse it. and those are the same ones that call like a few months later saying the phone is lost, stolen, or broken, and get irate because we can't give them a new one. thats what insurance is for!!!
12 replies
The Handsome

Nov 11, 2004, 4:29 PM

Fricking Tamborines!

I'm at a call center and while i'm trying to talk to customers and connect lines, the supervisors are constantly walking around shaking frickin tamborines yelling "GET THE SALE!" and "QUALITY!". It's so annoying! 😡 The customers can hear them in the background and they actually ask me what's going on. Does anyone else have to put up with this?
3 replies
heyuphonechic

Nov 11, 2004, 10:17 AM

had one of those... ALREADY

So, I was opening up this morning and an elderly lady walks up and was like " I want a phone!" OK. So, I started explaining the plans and what not and of course when I was telling her the cheapest plan I could give her was 29.99, she went balistic. She ONCE had a plan that was 12.99 and she demanded she HAD to have that plan. Sorry, I had to vent because I can already tell that it's going to be one of those days.
JJMcClain

Nov 10, 2004, 9:59 PM

adios...

and to all 'I good you a bid evening'
tequilasundae

Nov 10, 2004, 5:19 PM

whoops my bad

😁 embrace of the vampire was the one that loaded up the internet with alyssa milano nekkid shots....i meant Shadow of theVampire... đŸ¤Ŗ
2 replies
shadedpain4

Nov 6, 2004, 4:21 PM

For people bored at work...

We have almost an hour between calls so...

Answer 5 questions.

1. Last Movie you watched?
2. What did you have for dinner last night?
3. Favorite thing to do on a day off?
4. Age?
5. Best Concert you have seen?
37 replies
Compuman

Nov 10, 2004, 3:47 PM

GSM lets compete on phone quality not coverage

This goes out to all those interested in making cellular the product it was created to be. A device that knows no boundaries which works on a worldwide area and customers like in Europe have there Sim card and there business goes to the better phone.
here in the states we have lost sight of how connecting big corps. could be better in the long run. having a gsm network that all carriers run on would create a race to make the best, smallest, coolest, cheapest phone. when we get this idea running I would once again come out of the closet and tell everyone I work in the cellular industry I like it because it pays the bills other than that the people that run these giants; cingular, verizon, t-mobile, sprint have all lost sight of the dream if ...
(continues)
2 replies
starwarsgirl

Nov 10, 2004, 11:20 AM

cancel the insurance!

I love those people, then they call right back and complain because it's gonna be full retail at the store or through warranty because they lied and said it was good and warr. found it wasn't. Just own up to the way you treat our phone. Is it so hard to say, yeah I dropped it. My fault there!
10 replies
starwarsgirl

Nov 10, 2004, 12:01 PM

read the fine print

Just denied a claim b/c he washed the phone 6 months ago. Fully admitted it was at least that long ago, but when I denied it, his excuse was that "nobody reads all that fine print." Well, sorry, buddy, the fine print is what hangs you. The MA's got that one.
2 replies
tequilasundae

Nov 10, 2004, 1:04 PM

unintelligence continued

cust came in to get her CTN changed..so i ask to see her handset so i can program it...and the face is cracked and unviewable...i said i can't do it by feel...! đŸ˜ŗ
1 reply
starwarsgirl

Nov 9, 2004, 4:34 PM

It's really slow today.

I am extremely bored.
8 replies
pizpiz80

Nov 7, 2004, 1:12 PM

Another thing if your bored.

1. which phone do you have?
2. whats your position/job title?
3. which phone are you excited for to be released?
4. what stores and or kiosks are nest to you?
5. Have you ever yelled back at a customer? and why?
8 replies
Retard Mel

Oct 25, 2004, 8:25 AM

iDEN Vs. GSM Vs. CDMA

hi I have a writeing assignment that I need to do for a final exam in college and I have chose the topic on cell phones...mainly the technology that drives them I have done alot of searching on all 3 of the major technology's and I have found info but all technical and none i could use (because it only relates to THAT technology) could anyone provide me with some links that i could see WHY one technology is the best and how they compare to each other? thanks in advance 🙂
16 replies

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.