LG Fusic / LX-550
Phone Scoop Review
Jul 7, 2006 by Eric Lin
Our In Depth review of LG's stylish and unique new 3G music phone for Sprint. NEW: Video Tour read review ›
GREAT MUSIC PHONE
This phone is great...it is everything i excepted it to be and more....i tryed to chocolate for 2 days and it was terrible bad battery not that great of service not loud....the fusic has a great battery and it sounds great....if you are looking for a music phone go with the fusic
Very Poor Reliability!
We just got these phones. Wife and I both got one and have had them for a week now. Worked great at first, thought they were quite nice. Then the other day hers started acting funny and making noises, clicks, and camera shutter fires for no reason. Upon inspection there is a static sound as well when touching any buttons and when talking the phone can get static as well. Well, ok, obvious ground came loose inside or some kind of loose connection, sh*t happens, right!? Now, not even 2 days later mine starts doing the same exact thing now!!!! Needless to say I am not thrilled. Expensive phones to have last not even a full week! :( As of right now I can't recommend these phones to anyone sadly. I should have went with my first thoughts and stayed very far away from LG products!
AD reviews continues below...
SPRINTS BEST PHONE EVER BEATS THE A900
I JUST GOT THIS PHONE LAST WEEK . ITS THE BEST PHONE IVE USED IN A LONG TIME IT BEATS SPRINT SAMSUNG A 900 AND ITS WAY BETTER THE RAZR EVER THOUGHT OF . SPRINT HAS A GREAT PHONE HERE THEY DID A GREAT JOB PICKING THIS MODEL.
GREAT BATTERY LIFE
AWSOME SIGNAL STRENGTH
NICE BRIGHT SCREEN AND NICE AND LARGE
MP3 WORKS AWSOME
FM TRANSMITTER WORKS GREAT
NONE AT ALL
I" just got this phone 2 days ago, and I am still finding new things that it does. It does everything you could need a cell phone to do. It's easy to use, and the MP3 player is perfect. No shuffle, but that's no big deal.
MP3 player is awesome
FM Transmitter works great
Power Vision features work great
Screen is large and looks really good(outside lcd as well)
Displays websites well
Good volume on the included ear buds
Easy to put MP3's on the phone
Pretty thin for what it does
expandable microSD slot(up to 1GB)
MP3's don't resume after a phone call(not that I could figure out anyways)
Top flip is a little loose and easy to close
Can't use your own MP3's as ringtones
External antenna(not that important), but would look cleaner
Overall i think aside from a PDA phone this is the best phone sprint has on the market right now. A must for anyone that wants to do all that sprint has to offer.
I must be the only one having problems with this phone. I bought one and had battery problems so I went in and got a new battery. It still would not hold the charge very long so I went in and got a new phone. I still can not hold the charge ... does anyone know why that is?
I gave this phone a 5 out of 5 because I have had several high-end sanyos : 5500, 5600, and although the reception, ringers, etc was excellent, they were lacking good battery life, and bluetooth connectivity. This LG has everything that the Sanyos had, except ready-link. The speaker also leaves some to be desired, but is good enough not to effect the overall rating. Bluetooth support is very easy to use, the phone has a great, high-contrast screen, and the best part is that I can go days without recharging it. If this phone had ready-link, it would be unstoppable. Overall, I feel that this phone is the BEST phone, short of the PDA phones, available for sprint. It is lightweight, but large enough to be easily operated. I am EXTREMELY happy!
i luv it
i luv this phone not only because it comes with a pink,blue,black and green interchangable face place, holds music i can get at the sprint store, songs i can download off the computer, and has a camera/camcorder but because it just has such good reception, looks like a ipod, and just has soooo much stuff on it i cant even get board with it!!! i still have to yet to explore "the WHOLE fusic!!!" definitly a must have!!!! and everyone of my friends i show it to want one sooo bad youll be the envy of everyone !!!
too awesome for words
I finally broke down and got the Fusic. Like many I was iffy on the price as well as the plastic material. I decided why not, and got it. It is easily the best phone I ever had. I love everything about it especially being able to personalize it. The sound and speakers are decently loud and clear. I read all the reviews before buying plus I'm in the industry....so I knew a thing or two myself. The only downfall is that the fm transmitter isn't completely clear...a way to fix this is to plug it into your car charger! By doing this it instantly fixes the problem and it doesn't run your battery down. I recomend this phone to everyone. You may be a little hesitant by the price, but it has all the bells and whistles and then some to keep you happy for the 2 years of your contract!
I've owned and used the phone for a week now and so I feel qualified and willingly ready to throw in my two cents on first impressions. I'll list the pros and cons in order of importance/priority.
1) So far, here in Indianapolis, IN, I would have to say that call quality is crystal clear and the other end can hear you.
2) All-in-one device - Powercenter for all your multimedia needs
3) External Music Keys - allows ease for controlling playlist
4) Phone Size - Moderate size
5) Pushing the nice rubber buttons feels awesome whilst navigating the intuitive, colorful/vibrant menus.
6) Voice Service works like a charm - understands what you tell it.
7) OTAF (Over-the-air firware). I hope LG gets its act together and releases new firware updates for this beautiful phone.
*I stand firmly by my 4.5 rating, and it may seem like I'm about to overemphasize the cons, but I'm really pointing out certain things that may have not already been noted:
1) Plasticy - Although opens and closes with authority, it feels flimsy so I don't know what would happen if you drop it.
2) Camera placement - Your finger will most likely touch the camera lens if you go for one-handed opening/closing.
3) Camera quality - keep the camera absolutely still or you'll get blurry photos. Also the flash is a joke. I hope a future firmware update will resolve this.
4) Although I honestly haven't owned Sanyo phone, I've handled them before and let me say that you won't get the same crisp open flip/close flip, lound ringtones, and speakerphone volume, but then again Sanyo's have their cons.
5) Lack of ability to sync with Data suite using included cable: There are third party software, but I'm still waiting word from LG on a software suit that allows sync between Outlook and phone. There are ways to manipulate bluetooth on your computer to allow for vcard transfer, but it's nevertheless, a hassle.
6) Lack of AMPS (analog) roaming.
The bottom line is if the price is right you'll not regret getting this phone.
HOT OR NOT HOT
this is my second phone this one too is causing problems. the first one had no connection and got very hot. this one after a wk the key pads too get very warm . i'm on the third blue tooth.2 jabas & now a motorolla. a little better but still not the best is it the phone?