Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

You must log in to post.

HolmesSPH

Nov 19, 2004, 12:02 PM

Fun Customers During Holiday Season

🤭 If I were some of the customers who have come up to me I'd be blushing... Here's another story!

Had a woman come up to me today in an all red dress suite, looked very nice. I said hello, and she said... "Hey this is new the sprint phone isn't it?" Mind you VERIZON is plastered ALL OVER my kiosk AND PHONES!!!!

I Said " no ma'am, we sell only Verizon"

Customer says "Oh, I used to work for Verizon" and walked away with a look like "I know more then you" lol what a day it's going to be!
2 replies
starwarsgirl

Nov 19, 2004, 9:37 PM

I can taste...

...the beer already!!! 20 mintues to freedom!!!
1 reply
starwarsgirl

Nov 18, 2004, 9:54 PM

ooohhh!!

Double evil horn guys!!
2 replies
J3T

Nov 17, 2004, 8:57 AM

Ne1 here work at west telemarketing?

eh? anyone? Come on don't leave me hanging here.....
14 replies
starwarsgirl

Nov 17, 2004, 3:26 PM

Everyone's quiet

or busy, one of the two.
23 replies
tequilasundae

Nov 18, 2004, 4:43 PM

check this out!!

Text message speed record possible broken
The Daily Herald of Provo Utah is reporting> that a high school student has broken the world record for text message speed. The official phrase to type under time pressure is:

The razor-toothed piranhas of the genera Serrasalmus and Pygocentrus are the most ferocious freshwater fish in the world. In reality they seldom attack a human.

Ben Cook typed the aforementioned phrase on a standard numerical keypad with no predictive text in just 57.75 seconds. Even more amazing, Mr. Cook looked only as his fingers during the competition—not the screen. The results will be sent to the Guinness Book of World Records for evaluation. The current Guinness record is 67 seconds.

[via Engadget]
1 reply
starwarsgirl

Nov 18, 2004, 3:48 PM

and..

and a lot of the high end Nokia's are covered either. Big chunk o' money to lose there.
starwarsgirl

Nov 18, 2004, 3:47 PM

be sure...

to hang on to your proofs of purchase, since I argued yesterday with someone about a V551, even with ins, gotta fax us a POP.
starwarsgirl

Nov 18, 2004, 1:17 PM

2 more days.......

I never really got into any of the games.
1 reply
starwarsgirl

Nov 16, 2004, 2:41 PM

so what shall today's topic be?

I pick dumb ones, so someone else pick a discussion!
35 replies
Retard Mel

Nov 16, 2004, 4:32 PM

history of CDMA

hi all I have been looking for the history of CDMA and how it come about I saw a brief artical of how its from WW2 and a movie star came up with it? anyway could someone guide me in the right direction of where I can find more info on this? thanks
6 replies
starwarsgirl

Nov 17, 2004, 7:19 PM

Please say it's over!!

EEEECCCKKK!!!
1 reply
starwarsgirl

Nov 17, 2004, 1:31 PM

halfway there

Middle Wednesday is halfway to the weekend!!!!
6 replies
cellphone gurl

Nov 15, 2004, 11:27 PM

wages......

I I am under paid. what do you guys make for wages and what is your position? I get paid 11.35 CANADIAN for AT&T now Cingular customer care and I have been at my job almost 1.5 years. Started at 10.00 canadian. I believe you guys make a higher wage in American money
2 replies
starwarsgirl

Nov 16, 2004, 2:01 PM

Thank Goodness

I only take Cingular calls! I'm SOOO not envying the rest of you that are actively involved in the merger.
1 reply
GWFOX

Nov 16, 2004, 10:37 AM

Customers that think we owe them something "free"

You know what irks me? This customer that just came in.

When a existing wireless customer comes into the store and is looking to upgrade. Well not that exactly. It is when they "DEMAND" a free phone because "I've been a customer for 10 years" blah blah.

When I tell them that we don't do free phones on upgrades but we can indeed give them a great price cut on a phone, they threaten to go to another wireless provider.

Alright. I could give two flying fingers if a customer switches wireless providers. Customers need to go to whatever wireless provider serves them with the best wireless network be it ANY of the companies.

That threat of "I'm going to switch to another carrier if I don't get a free phone" just doesn't go over well wit...
(continues)
2 replies
starwarsgirl

Nov 15, 2004, 12:16 PM

Happy thoughts

This weekend, I am going to get all dressed up in my bar clothes and go out! Since I no longer work Saturdays or Sundays, I can go out on Friday or Saturday again. I might even go to Manhattan, about 65 miles away, and see and old friend at the bar where he works. I'm not certain of the details yet, but I've definitely decided to go out! 🙂
24 replies
starwarsgirl

Nov 15, 2004, 6:01 PM

hemi's

remeber the commercials about the hemi with the guy and his megaphone? And everyday he was saying things like, "MONDAY! GOING FISHING IN THE DODGE HEMI!!" Yeah, my family got my dad a megaphone last Christmas as a joke b/c he was so excited about his new Hemi.
1 reply
starwarsgirl

Nov 15, 2004, 2:35 PM

okay now...

SO needing a different topic!!
starwarsgirl

Nov 15, 2004, 11:12 AM

and so it begins...

Onlly 40 hrs between me and my pound of flesh being paid for this week!!
3 replies

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.