Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 35 replies

so what shall today's topic be?

starwarsgirl

Nov 16, 2004, 2:41 PM
I pick dumb ones, so someone else pick a discussion!
shadedpain4

Nov 16, 2004, 3:02 PM
Describe the best date you've ever been on.
JessiCSR

Nov 16, 2004, 3:11 PM
Oh oh! the first date with my current boyfriend. We went to go see Return of the King (again...I can't get enough). And it was all sweet and stuff becuase I was initially trying (unsuccessfully) to go out with one of is friends when I met him. I knew guy#1 was a lost cause, so I accepted his offer....I never looked back. He was so incredibly sweet and still a guy's guy.

yeah....that's all i have to say about that.
shadedpain4

Nov 16, 2004, 3:23 PM
JessiCSR said:
Oh oh! the first date with my current boyfriend. We went to go see Return of the King (again...I can't get enough). And it was all sweet and stuff becuase I was initially trying (unsuccessfully) to go out with one of is friends when I met him. I knew guy#1 was a lost cause, so I accepted his offer....I never looked back. He was so incredibly sweet and still a guy's guy.

yeah....that's all i have to say about that.

Im a big fan of the lord of the rings, but i must admit, one of my favorite things to do is visit lord of the rings fansites and rile them up.

All you have to do is put the word "hobbit" in the same sentance as "ewok" or "homoerotic". Then watch the sparks fly.....

Sounds ...
(continues)
The Handsome

Nov 16, 2004, 4:13 PM
theres a topic, lord of the rings. honestly, i dont' see why everyone is so wet over it. yes, its entertaining, and pretty fun to watch, but i don't think its the mind-blowingly orgasmic experience that people make it out to be. for one, it doesn't make much sense. Everyone pretends it does becaust no ones wants to admit that they don't get it. what it comes down to: why the ring? everyone calls it "the ring of power" and "the one ring to rule them all", but what power does it actually have? invisibility, useful for peaking in the girls locker room, not incredibly useful for dominating the world. long life? big deal! the elves are already immortal! could someone explain to me what the big deal was?
tequilasundae

Nov 16, 2004, 4:19 PM
ROTFLMAO 🤣 ....but i totally get it...its cool to watch ese'......
starwarsgirl

Nov 16, 2004, 4:20 PM
the ring was more a symbol than anything, the big picture was good and evil and sacrificing yourself for the greater good and all that moral stuff. In the wrong hands anything can be used for big evil purposes. A Fork is just for eating, yeah it has pointy things, but in the hands of a bad person, it could be a weapon or whatever. (Bad analogy but whatever, I know what I mean!)
XPDX

Nov 17, 2004, 12:32 AM
ithought that the deal was that the ring maker put his own essence and power into the ring, and that without it, he was diminished in power. once he had the ring, he would be at full power and then there would be nothing in middle earth that could stand up to him.
JessiCSR

Nov 16, 2004, 4:25 PM
All that is explained in the beginning of the fellowship. 🙄

The ring was meant for sauron and only sauron. It gives HIM great power...but for everyone else it's like crack. Literally.
tequilasundae

Nov 16, 2004, 4:26 PM
I TAKE HITS OFF THE GLASS D&^*K MY PRECIOUS!! 😈
JessiCSR

Nov 16, 2004, 4:28 PM
Seriously! Look at Gollum! and look how everyone who comes in contact with it acts. totally like a crack addict.

I can never love another story more than this, really.
shadedpain4

Nov 16, 2004, 4:29 PM
Sooooooo....It's all about crack?
JessiCSR

Nov 16, 2004, 4:35 PM
No, stupid! *thwacks*

I'm talking about the ring is like crack to the people it comes in contact with.

I honestly like the mythology of middle earth more than anything.
The Handsome

Nov 16, 2004, 4:38 PM
I have Fellowship on DVD and i still think people assign more meaning and symbolism to the plot than it actually has. The mythology is cool though. The Ents rock my world. Too bad they were only really in the second one. I was hoping they would be in the big battle at the end of the third one, which, btw, sucked.
JessiCSR

Nov 16, 2004, 6:53 PM
BULL. I loved the Battle of Pelenor Fields. that was my favorite battle.
starwarsgirl

Nov 16, 2004, 7:02 PM
I firmly believe that all books are better than movies, special effects can't out-do the depth of a book, inner thoughts and all that the characters express in books. A lot of the issue with the Lord of the Rings came from the 3 year time frame. 9 hours over 3 years will confuse a lot of folks.
JessiCSR

Nov 16, 2004, 7:06 PM
That's what the extended edition is for. 😉
The Handsome

Nov 16, 2004, 7:22 PM
of course books are better, they always will be. that goes without saying.
shadedpain4

Nov 16, 2004, 4:42 PM
Just poking fun 😁

I would imagine the deeper meanings come through in the books better than the movies?
The Handsome

Nov 16, 2004, 5:52 PM
I'm sure the books are deeper, and i admit i have never bothered to read them, so i recognize i have no right to put down tolkein or his writing, but as far as the movies go, i still stand that they were nothing amazing.
sunvzw

Nov 16, 2004, 6:01 PM
i find this really weird, but i agree with everything you have posted on this site. i thought i was the only person out there that did not enjoy lord of the rings...i liked harry potters better...but then again there are a lot of people that enjoyed that movie. And it did make millions and had some pretty cool special effects..i just didnt like the plot of the movie.
JessiCSR

Nov 16, 2004, 7:00 PM
Eh..Tolkien is a bit of an aquired taste..I'm the opposite of you..I don't really care for harry potter (saw the first two movies..didn't bother witht eh new one)...but I absolutley adore LOTR....maybe it's becuase I've read the book...*shrug*
starwarsgirl

Nov 16, 2004, 7:05 PM
I swore up and down I would never get into HP, yes anything that will make a 6 year old read a thousand page book is awesome, but it was all kiddy stuff. But then i watched the first movie and after that I went ahead and read the rest of the book up to the latest #5. Now I'm hooked, but my addiction, like the 100+ Star Wars books i've got is this: Ongoing saga. Once the characters are established in my mind(via the screen or a book) I am always interested in thier lives. I guess I just get too involved and wrapped up in the characters themselves and the plots. Like real people I know or something.
ShunAsa

Nov 16, 2004, 7:06 PM
who died in the book?
starwarsgirl

Nov 16, 2004, 7:07 PM
um, will this spoil anything for any of you out there??
ShunAsa

Nov 16, 2004, 7:10 PM
screw that, i wanna know 😁
starwarsgirl

Nov 16, 2004, 7:21 PM
the godfather, black
ShunAsa

Nov 16, 2004, 10:11 PM
who the hell is that? was he in the movie?
GWFOX

Nov 17, 2004, 8:15 PM
Sirrus (sp. could be spelled sirius or cyrius for I cannot remember) Black was Harry Potter's godfather. He passed in the book "Order of the Phoenix".

Which broke me inside. Man I was upset. Black was the only family Harry had and now he is gone. Dead? Well we don't know that for sure.. I mean no one really knows WHAT that gateway was.
starwarsgirl

Nov 17, 2004, 8:22 PM
Right!! I definitely think we've not seen the last of him. It's too abrupt in my mind, that he is in one book then appears in the next for a glimpse then is gone. So much left to happen in books 6 and 7. I HATE SUSPENSE!!!
GWFOX

Nov 17, 2004, 8:44 PM
So Starwarsgirl.. When do you think Hermione and Ron Weasly are going to get together? Or is it just me getting that kinda vibe between those two. 🤣

Black will be back. Hey Voldemort came back, why can't others do it?

I love reading. I've read every book from R.A. Salvatore, Terry Brooks, Jeff Grub, Katie Novak, Margaret Weis, Tracy Hickman, Michael A. Stackpole, and a whole bunch others.

Nothing kills me more than finishing an amazing book and going "OMFG WHERE THE BLOODY HELL IS THE NEXT ONE IN THE SERIES! I NEED IT NOWWWWWWWWWWWWWW" 🤣
starwarsgirl

Nov 17, 2004, 9:14 PM
Exactly! They are so going to end up together. Or at least, they better. As for the next book, I am anxiously awaiting the paperback for the new forensic by Patricia Cornwell. I'm finally getting out of the many years Star Wars book phase, since it is getting monotonous now.
shadedpain4

Nov 18, 2004, 12:47 PM
starwarsgirl said:
I'm finally getting out of the many years Star Wars book phase, since it is getting monotonous now.

Did you play Knights of the old Republic?
The Handsome

Nov 16, 2004, 7:21 PM
heh, thats odd. most people just roll their eyes and say "i just don't get it" like I'm an idiot for not thinking that Peter Jackson is the messiah. I shake your hand verizon man.
sunvzw

Nov 16, 2004, 3:36 PM
i love to watch car races...in california there is a speedway in irwindale..i was complaning to my ex about how we nerver do anything fun to he took me there on a date..it was really cute and we had a lot of fun..afterwards we went to a pool hall...and he rented a hotel...the bed was covered in rose petals..need i say more
shadedpain4

Nov 16, 2004, 3:39 PM
Thank sun, that sounded nice.

And no, you dont need to say more 😉

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.