Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

You must log in to post.

euro

Apr 6, 2005, 1:56 PM

Oh! There is an on button?

I have to show people how to turn their phones on after owning it 2-12 months at least a few times a week. 👿
Anybody else deal with this?
10 replies
ralph_on_me

Apr 13, 2005, 6:42 PM

Store hours

Why do customers think I will let them in after we've closed just if they bang on the door?

Open sign is off

Closed sign is over the door

*smacks head*
2 replies
speedywalk

Apr 3, 2005, 3:00 PM

Customers (rant)

If there are customers that read this forum, and I know there are, why do you (customers in general) find it necessarry to ask if there are better deals online? All this does is two things:

1. Alienates the salesman. We don't want to waste our time with somebody that will not put money in our pocket. If you come straight out and say you're thinking about it, we'll be more than happy to answer a few questions for you--don't do it at the "end" of a sale. This leads to:
  2. This makes you look like an idiot. Comparitive shopping is your job, not mine. I'm not going to tell you "yeah sure! Go ahead, they've got the same phone online for $50 less. I loved helping you walk through every phone in the store for an hour and hav
(continues)
38 replies
lacrizzle

Apr 11, 2005, 4:33 PM

But It's A Cell Phone

Why do people think they can just get any random phone and activate it on a competitors network?
13 replies
PhoneTwit

Apr 9, 2005, 5:50 PM

Advice for picking a phone for a blind customer

I have a choice of these phones for free for a blind customer: Motorola V180, Samsung X427M, LG C1300.

Do any of you have any ideas? Does the V180 have raised buttons or depressed buttons? He says raised are easier.
6 replies
cingcing

Apr 9, 2005, 10:17 PM

system update

What kind of water-head, jerrys kid decides to do a major system update that will take away the abillity to activate or upgrade service at 8:00 pm on a satuday night?
7 replies
Drezenzik

Apr 7, 2005, 5:27 PM

Pre-paid Kiosk

I am currently the manager for a 3rd party Cellular store. I also own my own my own company. We specialize in opening small kiosks in malls, selling various merchandise.
My next venture I am contemplating is opening a Pre-paid Kiosk. I would like to sell multiple brands of prepaid service, cards and accessories. I am trying to contact the various dealers currently ,not having much luck so far though.
I was wondering if anyone had any advice on this subject, or connections I can go through. I am based in Indiana.
Thanks in advance for any help.
1 reply
jace

Apr 7, 2005, 7:18 PM

SE k700i will it work

I am an att cust. in the US will the SE k700i work on cingulars network, because of the 800 and 900 mgz difference
1 reply
elihuspeaks

Mar 21, 2005, 8:53 PM

Highest bill?

Just curious . . . what is the highest bill for a customer that you've had deal with. My personal record is $1200 in overage charges for one month (just overage - no roaming). The guy came in and said, "I'd like to pay my bill. I think the balance is $11 or so." So, I brought up his account information, and oh boy was he shocked. And mad too - I don't think I've ever heard anyone else use the f-word so many times in a short span of time.
19 replies
texaswireless

Apr 6, 2005, 9:20 PM

Ok, Cigee requested it so here goes...

Have you ever had anything thrown at you by a customer (not including their phone, looking for unique items). If so, what was the situation and what did you say or do beforehand or afterwords.

I had a customer pick up an 8 x 10 acrylic sign holder from the counter and throw it at my head once. Quick reactions kept me from going to the ER for stitches, but our coverage map wall got a nice bruise.

At the time (this was '98 or '99) we COULD NOT sell SIM cards at all to customers not activating new service or activating the SIM on their account. I explained that to the woman, who then proceeded to tell me she worked for Pacific Bell Wireless, it was OK to sell it to her because it was for her account, but she didn't want it activated. ...
(continues)
1 reply
justpeachy

Apr 6, 2005, 12:58 PM

Oh my...

I just had a customer come up, point to our display of various leather cases and holders, and ask "is that all the phones you have?"

😳
4 replies
indirect5000

Feb 14, 2005, 4:52 PM

Ghetto customers

Lets talk about ghetto customers for a minute. you know the ones- "Where yo applications at!" "What I gotta do to get phone?!" "Ya ll got prepay?!" "$1000 you crazy!!!" "YO JOJO can I put a phone in yo name!!?
70 replies
euro

Apr 3, 2005, 3:28 PM

Whats Happening to Nextels Network?

Since Sprint PCS and Nextel are merging there have been a few rumors surrounding the future if Nextel's network and their devices. Is Nextel abandoning all their iDen phones? Also, I heard that Nextel will eventually force all of their customers into CDMA Phones by the official name Nextel". I have been getting alot of questions about this and would like to know exactly what to tell customers. Any comments would be greatly appreciated.
2 replies
door

Apr 2, 2005, 5:23 PM

making customers cry

🤭

I just made a customer cry. yes, I feel very ashamed

A woman and her husband walk up to the kiosk and before i even have a chance to say hi, go in into a long and confusing story about a replacement phone.
The jist of the story is there's a picture on their current phone that they want moved to a replacement phone en route to them via cingular customer service. I'm not 100% certain, but I think the phone they have is broken in some way and won't let them do anything other than stare at it.

So i politley suggest that it may be easier to just take a new picture. Immediatly the womans face goes slack and tears begin to well. she then runs off, leaving me to stare at her husband in confusion

ME: "i'm sorry, is she ok?"
HUS...
(continues)
2 replies
KingAndy61

Apr 4, 2005, 6:38 PM

i dont mean to offend but....

ok i have to say that all phones a differant and people are differant but god damn it if you work at a call center espicially an actition cent PLEASE speak so that a "normal" person could hear you.... im sorry but therre are times when i can't hear the other peron on the line with my phone up an ear piece in and the tore is quite... dose this annoy ou guys also please respond...
2 replies
ralph_on_me

Apr 4, 2005, 5:45 PM

Star Wars

Only fifteen minutes until we close and I get to put up the Star Wars POP. I can't stop singing the star wars theme music.
4 replies
joef3

Apr 1, 2005, 6:39 PM

Cingular RSC's in NYC

Are there any reps from New York City on here? If so, please email me at joef311@gmail.com

I may be moving and I just have a few questions.

Thanks in Advance! 😁

Joe
3 replies
thejason

Mar 6, 2005, 1:28 PM

customer cliche's

Have you noticed that while most people don't know Sh!t about phones, they still know some terminology that's usually way off base?

A common example. A person who doesn't understand that cell phone plans are limited to minutes per month, but still insists that they get rollover. They don't know what rollover is, but all those commercial's have them convinced that it's great....

Any others?
11 replies
themike314

Mar 10, 2005, 4:47 PM

Zip code vs. Area code

Me: "May I have your mobile number with area code first, please?"

Customer: "98765."

Me: "Is that your phone number?"

Customer: "555-5555."

Me: "What is your area code?"

Customer: "I already told you."

Me: .....
15 replies
door

Mar 29, 2005, 2:11 PM

My favorite thing about customers.....

....... is when i ask "how are you doing today"
and they say "no thanks"

let the games begin 😁
7 replies

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.