New Phone Finder features!
- Feature Exclude. You can now choose "Exclude" for most features in the feature list, to find phones without that feature. People have been requesting this so they can search for phones without cameras. Now you can.
- Feature Detail Searching. You can now search on camera resolution, high-speed data technology, and memory card type.
- Compare checkboxes. Now you can use the Phone Finder to do a broad search, then check off the phones you like, and click "Compare" at the bottom to jump straight to a complete side-by-side comparison.
Also, the side-by-side Compare feat...
Request for Rich
One More Suggestion (Coverage Maps)
Thanks for the quick responses,
Ability to make Polls
AD discussions continues below...
The "Free iPod" thing...
The relevant clause is:
You may NOT:
7. Transmit surveys, contests, pyramid schemes, spam, unsolicited advertising or promotional materials, or chain letters;
So if you've posted such a message and had it deleted, that is why.
If you see any such messages, please report them to me immediately using the "report to moderator" link right below the message. (You need to be logged in to see ...
news article-40 new nokia phones nxt yr
http://www.nytimes.com/aponline/technology/AP-Nokia- ... »
Forgive me if this has already been posted...but since I don't see this...I'm guessing it hasn't. Thanks!
PS- This is a great website...keep up the awesome work
I know its a dorky meaningless question, but i find it interesting.
Verizon Motorola V710 email client
I came to Phone Scoop to investigate the v710 from Verizon. I was thrilled when I saw on your website that the v710 had an email client for POP3, IMAP and SMTP. It was part of the reason I ended up going with the V710 when we moved to Verizon.
After purchasing the v710, I found out that Verizon does not offer the email client with the phone (even though the rep said that it had the client on it). Even in Motorola's literature I haven't been able to find any mention of an email client.
Does someone have some inside info for me? I would love to be proven that my research was wrong.
QUESTION: Unlocking SIM on Nokia 6010 AT&T Wireless
I hope someone can help me!
phonescoop.com :: Feature Request (again)
I'm probably like most people here in that, when waiting for a specific phone to come out or information on that phone, I troll it's message board.
It would be nice to have a list of the last several phones you visited somewhere below the logged in as prompt.
This way when I come back to the site to check on the phone of my choice, I can just click the link for it below previously visited phones... And not have to surf through the phone finder, or the phones feature.
This feature can easily be done with a couple cookies, or you could use PHP to stuff the MySQL DB with each visit.. but that seems silly, I mean why waste DB calls.
New Site Tweaks - phone specs
- Parts of the "camera" feature have now been split out separately - "video capture" and "video calling" are now their own features. So the "type" attribute for the camera feature is gone now, which previously indicated video capability.
- The "type" attribute also said whether the camera was built-in or attachable. The whole attachable-camera thing never really seemed to take off, so I've just removed that altogether. So phones that support attachable cameras now do not have the "camera" feature listed, and don't come up in Phone Finder. In other words, the "camera" feature now means "integrated camera".
- The new attribute for "camera" is "resoluti
Another Phonescoop.com feature request
You guys do a great job getting images of the phones--especially those all important angles when you're allowed (and either given the time or the images themselves).
What I would like to request is one additional shot of the phone (like the initial face-forward shot) that has another phone or even a ruler or some identifiable object that could provide people with some context as to how big the phone REALLY is. Yes, I know you do a fantastic job providing measurements on each phone as it is released, but for some people, that just NEVER translates into what the phone looks like size-wise (me being one of them).
To have ...
there's some guy in the moto v710 forum who keeps on spamming
just though i'd let you know
Phonescoop.com Feature Request
Instead of my having to know what phones have what, I'd like to be able to click a button while browsing a given phone, and find all other phones that have similar features..
This should be a fairly simple tie in to your Phone Finder funcationality.
So if I were looking at this phone, for example; http://www.phonescoop.com/phones/phone.php?p= 478
There would be a link right next to Compare vs... that would automatically pull up other phones with the same or similar features.
This would allow users to find other phone...