Home  ›  Forums  ›

phonescoop.com

all discussions

Verizon Motorola V710 email client

skippy__1

Oct 14, 2004, 6:41 PM
😢

I came to Phone Scoop to investigate the v710 from Verizon. I was thrilled when I saw on your website that the v710 had an email client for POP3, IMAP and SMTP. It was part of the reason I ended up going with the V710 when we moved to Verizon.

After purchasing the v710, I found out that Verizon does not offer the email client with the phone (even though the rep said that it had the client on it). Even in Motorola's literature I haven't been able to find any mention of an email client.

Does someone have some inside info for me? I would love to be proven that my research was wrong.

Thanks, Skippy__1
gmcjimmyguy

Oct 18, 2004, 7:19 PM
vzw has disable d that part of the phone, along with a portion of the bluetooth technology, all in the name of using vzw services that you pay for!
CainMarko

Oct 22, 2004, 1:30 PM
yay verizon!
Rich Brome

Oct 22, 2004, 1:17 PM
Sorry about that. As with most phones, many of the features are carrier-dependent. In this case, it looks like Verizon may have opted against offering the V710 with that particular feature. I've added a note to the V710 specs to that effect.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.