Home  ›  Forums  ›

Canada

all discussions

show all 22 replies

A funny thing

repster

Jul 13, 2005, 7:00 PM
Hey, I just thought I would cause a laugh:
I live in Missouri in the USA...when I think of Canada, I think of it as similar to the USA, but only backwards...not backwards as in bad...but backwards, like an "Alice in the Looking Glass" sort of backwards...

I have never been to Canada though
repster

Jul 13, 2005, 7:03 PM
So, as you cross the US/Canada border...it is like stepping through a mirror...
repster

Jul 13, 2005, 7:04 PM
Could this possibly be true?
blue101

Jul 13, 2005, 7:08 PM
Yeah about somethings. Like we know way more about America than Americans do about Canada. We can handle out beer way better...
KCShadowDragon

Jul 13, 2005, 7:10 PM
I'll drink any Canadian under the table when it comes to beer.
blue101

Jul 13, 2005, 7:14 PM
Yeah well come up here and try. Wait are we talking American or Canadian beer?
KCShadowDragon

Jul 13, 2005, 7:23 PM
I'll drink either.
rogersuser

Jul 15, 2005, 2:53 PM
If you drink Cdn Beer in the US it's not as potent as it is up here. My 95lbs wife could probibly drink you under the table with REAL Cdn beer.
Letsgopense

Jul 15, 2005, 3:22 PM
is she a neuf?
rep12345

Jul 15, 2005, 4:59 PM
rogersuser said:
If you drink Cdn Beer in the US it's not as potent as it is up here. My 95lbs wife could probibly drink you under the table with REAL Cdn beer.

haha i myself weigh 110 lbs and you will never find me challenging a guy to a beer drinking contest. SURE i can drink my fair bit of beer, heck i can even down about 10 in a night, but i've seen guys pack down a case in a night or even more so i doubt a 95 lb woman could drink that much, UNLESS she is a severe alcoholic who doesnt eat (you need room in a little stomach for beer!)
repster

Jul 13, 2005, 7:12 PM
I can believe it about us knowing about Canada...it is sad that I know so little for being a hop, skip, and a jump away...
How to you make your beer...i live 20 minutes away from the Anheiser-Busch world headquarters and bottling plant...

What are some of the most important things to know about Canada?
KCShadowDragon

Jul 13, 2005, 7:15 PM
They have beer.

They have bears.

They love the hockey.
blue101

Jul 13, 2005, 7:32 PM
Hmmmm let me think....
we are disgustingly polite most of the time
not everyone loves hockey(just almost everyone)
we don't have a President we have a Prime Minister his name is Paul Martin
contrary to what my cousin(the Americans) think not every other person is a fisherman
we have great scenery
while we like to complain about Americans we love yuor stuff(movies, fast food places etc.)
we wont go to war unless there are people in trouble
hmm thats all I can think of give me a minute
repster

Jul 13, 2005, 8:47 PM
Cool!!...this is great...if you have more let me know...

I agree about the disgustingly polite...it is a funny thing...but a good thing...I never knew about Paul Martin
sponge-bob

Jul 13, 2005, 9:09 PM
we have tim hortons.......we have alexander keith......we have doanairs and poutine.......i NEVER seen a bear in my life, but i seen moose.......we have bc big bud....
bluesnot

Jul 14, 2005, 4:00 AM
I'll add some.

Sodomy is legal.
Milk comes in a bag.
Mounties are totally awesome.
Our movies and television are funded by the government (I'm talkin' 'bout Kevin [****ing]Spencer and Kids in the Hall)

Watch the movie Going The Distance.
I love that movie.
It basically shows we're exactly like americans, with a few cultural differences. But not much.
sponge-bob

Jul 15, 2005, 10:40 PM
where not alloud to carry guns with us in public places, our phone rate plans suck a**.
we can buy cuban cigars, we can go to cuba, you only have to be 18 or 19 to drink, winnie the pooh is OURS!! we invented hockey and basketball and the telephone. im out of stuff! 😛
repster

Jul 13, 2005, 7:15 PM
Do you have a good "light" beer made in Canada? if so what do you suggest?
blue101

Jul 13, 2005, 7:33 PM
Keith's Light....hmmm Keith's
repster

Jul 13, 2005, 8:49 PM
Cool...I will check it out...usually a store called Dieburgs here has a lot of obscure beer from different places
sponge-bob

Jul 13, 2005, 9:10 PM
moose light
lil_britney

Jul 14, 2005, 10:45 AM
I find myself drinkin moosehead dry every sunday.... thank god for the cold beer store !! 😉
but my fav is blue light
cingularbentmeover

Jul 15, 2005, 5:15 PM
god mosse-Pi$$...may as well drink 10 penny

nope keiths or Olands all the way

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.