Home  ›  Forums  ›

Canada

all discussions

show all 5 replies

Upgrade?

rep12345

Jun 29, 2005, 2:38 PM
I work for a US providor, but I live in Canada with ROGERS as my service provider. I started service almost 6 months ago and signed a 3 yr contract. The deals here are not even close to what we offer in the US, but I realize that is due to the fact there are way less cell subscribers in Canada than the US. My question is, How long until I can upgrade my phone with Rogers? I got a v220 and it is crap. I want a new phone, not free, but not $300 etc. Does anyone know how long I have to wait for an upgrade? Do I have to wait out my entire contract? Also, does anyone know what the early termination fee is? Not planning on cancelling, really no competition for providors here in canada.
ubermicro

Jun 29, 2005, 5:55 PM
You have to wait 6 months, if u check your online acct with rogers periodically it will tell you when you can upgrade the phone and give you options, if u cant yet then it will say you are not eligable yet
Link

Jul 1, 2005, 12:14 AM
I was adv. you have to wait the full term of the contract you signed before you can upgrade. I signed a 2 YR contract and I was told that by them, they have that stupid policy that you MUST pay out $10.00 for every month remaining in your contract to get a new phone.

I bitched about that and got it waived. Just speak to the save team if you are close to the 2YR mark to get it taken care of. Americans get spoiled, so should we.
BlueHFX

Jul 1, 2005, 6:25 AM
Tell them telus called you and you are concidering switching and you do not give a crap about any stupid ETF, and that you are an unhappy customer that helps too. but usually after 6 months to a year you can upgrade. just call and ask.
rep12345

Jul 1, 2005, 12:47 PM
sounds good. i just hate my phone. it's worthless. and it's not that i even chose a free phone. i pd $50 for a 3 yr contract, and then 2 months later my little sister got the EXACT phone for free for a 2 yr contract!? go figure.
BlueHFX

Jul 3, 2005, 2:48 PM
rep12345 said:
sounds good. i just hate my phone. it's worthless. and it's not that i even chose a free phone. i pd $50 for a 3 yr contract, and then 2 months later my little sister got the EXACT phone for free for a 2 yr contract!? go figure.

it why it pays to shop around and wait for the wireless drives for example just before Christmas you you say you are going elsewhere and been with them for a bit chances are they make some damn good offers to keep you. how much a month you spend or want to spend? then go to telus or who ever and check out what they have and just tell them they are offering me this i am looking to go now. they are pretty good at retention. only company that bent over backwards to kee...
(continues)

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.