Home  ›  Forums  ›

Canada

all discussions

show all 10 replies

WHY CAN'T TELUS RECEIVE PIX FROM ROGERS?

insoo4u

Dec 7, 2004, 3:16 PM
I'm using telus(Samsung A670) and my friends who use rogers' camera phones can't send me pix to my phone. i go get text msgs from them. but when they send pic msgs to my cell, i dun get any msgs.

does any1 know why??
jas259871

Dec 17, 2004, 12:08 AM
Cingular and att should the other may not as there are some block on MMS with T-Mobile and Verizon
bigjay

Dec 17, 2004, 6:40 PM
Rogers is pic messangin does not work with any outer company but their one.
screaminglife

Dec 31, 2004, 7:26 PM
same with TELUS, currently TELUS picture messaging only works for TELUS client to client, not for anyone else.
thadrod

Jan 4, 2005, 12:12 AM
pic msging is still quite new for all carriers. just a matter of a few months before they go cross carrier, i'd say by april, but june might be a more realistic date.
bigred

Feb 21, 2005, 2:53 AM
I have a fido fon and am able to recieve pics from friends on the telus network I get a text that directs me to a website to view the pic,they are not able to recieve pic messaging from me, that said i have noticed that fido will happily bill me for data transfer when i try to send a pic message to anyone
armyofun

Feb 25, 2005, 12:20 AM
😁 😁 😁
peaches1961

Feb 26, 2005, 10:34 PM
🙄
Vox Dei

Mar 25, 2005, 12:03 AM
Ya that only works From telus phones. It's a feature for telus that it sends the picture to the telus website and you look at it from there. you can do the same to an email address. Cross carrier MMS is very rare. only company i know that can do it is Cingular and Verizon and that is VERY new.
SgtFlaman

Mar 26, 2005, 3:24 PM
I could be wrong so don't quote me on this, but as far as I know no company in North America has inter-carrier multi-messaging capabilities. Just like when text messaging first came out, you couldn't send text messages to other carriers but as agreements were formed, that became a possiblity.

I know for sure that my company doesn't have it and none of my superiors are able to answer me on when that will be available.
Vox Dei

Mar 29, 2005, 10:21 PM
Cingular and Verizon now have it. They are the first ones.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.