Home  ›  Forums  ›

Tricked Out

all discussions

show all 18 replies

Free mp3 ringtones for V600

loganv

Sep 9, 2004, 12:57 AM
Is there anyway to get free mp3 ringtones for the Moto v600 without buying the USB cable or having bluetooth? I'm getting a Powerbook soon, so I should be able to use that for bluetooth, but until then, does anyone know any websites for free mp3 ringtones?
RichLok

Sep 9, 2004, 6:24 PM
Do the walmart trick. ;)
loganv

Sep 9, 2004, 6:42 PM
what's the walmart trick?
RichLok

Sep 13, 2004, 2:04 PM
On your computer browser, visit the walmart site. Go to music and search for a particular song that you're looking for. When you find it, there should be a blue link (MP3 Audio). Right click that link and select "copy shortcut". Now go to the website of your service provider (Cingular, AT&T, T-Mo) and send yourself a text message. Punch in your cell number, on the FROM column, I'd suggest the name of the song you've copied and on the body of the message, make sure you hit enter once before pasting the link. Once that's done, send the text. You'll receive it on your phone and on options, select "go to". If you have GPRS, it will download that 30 sec mp3 sample and you'll be able to save it. Good luck!
ripley

Sep 15, 2004, 12:03 PM
thats a pretty cool trick. does this work for other phones besides moto?
RichLok

Sep 15, 2004, 2:21 PM
Sony Ericsson P900. It won't work for all .mp3 supported phones though. I've tried it on the Inno 90.. No good.
TMoFreak

Oct 25, 2004, 4:01 PM
If you get the free PC connection software from Nokia you can do it with the 6600. Send it to the phone via bluetooth and it automatically converts it to a .wav file so the phone can read it.
Iselltheshitoutofphones

Sep 16, 2004, 11:27 PM
Rich,

That is brilliant!!! Did you think of that? I would do it for my V600, but Cingular has it as I wait patient for my corrected phone.

Will
JonnyBruha

Sep 17, 2004, 2:05 AM
Is the data cable such a bad idea though?

I have yet to receive my V600 through eBay, but I anticipate it's arrival SO much that I've been reviewing all the goofy and fun things I plan to do with it in advance.

Considering the memory, 4 or 5 MP3 files is about all it'll do. I have a program that allows me to cut MP3s to anysize I want, and I've already spliced up my favorite Muse songs to get them ready. 😁

Now I'm still trying to figure out where to find the right software and data cable to get the cut MP3s to the phone. Any links or suggestions besides the obvious manufacturer's package from Motorola? Thanks
RichLok

Sep 17, 2004, 1:53 PM
The only place that I know that has that software is www.motclub.com. It's under programs and you need MPT 1.23 and 2.16.

Will: I did not think of it. People told me about it but I don't mind sharing this with anyone! 😁
racerdave71

Oct 31, 2004, 6:26 AM
RichLok said:
On your computer browser, visit the walmart site. Go to music and search for a particular song that you're looking for. When you find it, there should be a blue link (MP3 Audio). Right click that link and select "copy shortcut". Now go to the website of your service provider (Cingular, AT&T, T-Mo) and send yourself a text message. Punch in your cell number, on the FROM column, I'd suggest the name of the song you've copied and on the body of the message, make sure you hit enter once before pasting the link. Once that's done, send the text. You'll receive it on your phone and on options, select "go to". If you have GPRS, it will download that 30 sec mp3 sample and you'll be able to save it. Good luck!
(continues)
RichLok

Nov 2, 2004, 3:39 PM
Yup it does.. Just tried it on my s700c. Take this link:
http://music.walmart.com/m/006/02/49/86/26/62/006024 ... »
and go to cingular.com. Send yourself a text message.

10-digit Cingular number (your number)

Your name or e-mail address (short name of the artist or song)

* Your message (paste link here. BE SURE YOU HIT ENTER ONCE IN THE BODY OF THE MESSAGE BEFORE PASTING)

Hit SUBMIT!
racerdave71

Nov 6, 2004, 3:02 AM
Thanks!
Got it to work. 😁
The_Abbot

Nov 24, 2004, 1:07 PM
Hmmm...when I right click on the music link on walmart.com, it gives me a .wsx format, not mp3.
Where on the WM site can I find actual mp3 files?
ripley

Nov 24, 2004, 3:58 PM
make sure you are not going to the music downloads section of their site. i had that same problem you had until i went to the regular cd section and it works perfectly. i have a moto v551 and it works great for me.
sphere99

Dec 21, 2004, 10:15 PM
☚ī¸

It doesn't let me do it any longer, a few days ago this worked now all I get is an internal server error??
ripley

Dec 22, 2004, 1:16 PM
i got the same problem but i found kind of a workaround.

i clicked the song on the walmart website and let it open up in my WMP. then i go to file>save media as. then when you get teh save window you have to make sure that in the filenamefield you rename the file as "filename.mp3". for example cold.mp3 then make sure that the save as type is set to any file and save it to your pc.
now i have a free account on wap.rousso.net and upload it into my file cabnet and then i browse to the wap site and download it via my GPRS connection.

i know this is kinda a lot of work but i guess it beats paying 2.49 a pop and spending time editing your own mp3s. also if you have MPT you can send these mp3s to your phone via usb or bluetooth.
adlman

Sep 10, 2004, 12:49 PM
From my experience the bluetooth with the V600 is not compatible with Powerbooks. It is a software issue on the Powerbook as of a month ago.
li_deng888

Dec 23, 2004, 4:30 PM
Yes.

http://www.funformobile.com/ » let you upload mps.

Li

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.