Home  ›  Forums  ›

Tricked Out

all discussions

show all 5 replies

Mp3 for ringtones

MrDonnie

Jul 26, 2006, 5:20 PM
I keep getting absolutelys for this question from several cell phone reps. Can someone give me an honest answer?

Is there a phone which will use actual mp3s which I get off of my computer (I would just use small clips, actually) as ringtones. I don't want one that uses mp3s that have been converted to midis or polyphonic ringtones. I want it to sound like at least radio quality, get my drift?

I would even be willing to buy a cable, or transfer them by memory card, whatever, I just don't want to have to download them from somewhere else and pay for them, I have thousands of songs I actually like on my computer.

Thanks for any help.
OB1J3D1

Jul 26, 2006, 6:04 PM
Umm, i think almost any multimedia phone will do this. For example I have and A900 on Sprint's network and it will do this.

BTW, mp3 is far from radio quality...but I understand what you mean.
theycallmeanerd78

Jul 26, 2006, 7:43 PM
There are two ways that I did it.

1. A program called mp3 to ringtone gold. I was able to get a copy for free, but I believe you can get one at best buy for $20. You can make your own clips and then you send it in a text message and download it to your phone.
I used that for a while and it worked great.

2. Motorola phone tools
If you have a moto this should work for you better because you can make the clips in the multimedia maker and send them directly to the phone with a usb cable. Thats the one i'm using now ad I love it.

Hope this helps.
MrDonnie

Jul 26, 2006, 8:21 PM
Thanks. I believe that it did. Do the clips sound good, voice and all? Oh, and can I assign individual clips to different callers in my contacts?
theycallmeanerd78

Jul 27, 2006, 9:52 AM
Yea they do sound good not loud and distorted when you hear some peoples ringtones. You should be able to assign them to different callers.
MrDonnie

Jul 27, 2006, 5:35 PM
Thanks, all. Looks like I may giving the RazrV3 with the bluetooth headset a shot, then.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.