Home  ›  Forums  ›

Tricked Out

all discussions

show all 15 replies

Downloading MP3 tones

silentPANIC24

Mar 24, 2005, 2:03 PM
I'm wondering if anyone knows how to do this:

I've heard of people going to one of those music sites where there are 30 second clips to preview songs, and actually sending the link to those files to thier phones, thereby being able to download these clips directly to the phone to use as an mp3 ringtone..does anyone know how to do that?

Examples of websites that I've heard people using are walmart.com, and artistdirect.com

Thanks!!
andrewkatz1

Mar 24, 2005, 7:26 PM
yeah all you need to do is download those 30 second mp3 files to your computer. once they are there simply rename the file .mid instead of .mp3 then you email that file as an attachment to your phone for example with verizon wireless the email address is younumber@vzwpics.com you may need to register the email account first at verizonwireless.com

once it gets to ur phone u simply download the sound attachment and set it as your ring ๐Ÿ˜‰
jkrivjansky

Mar 31, 2005, 4:35 PM
andrewkatz1 said:
yeah all you need to do is download those 30 second mp3 files to your computer. once they are there simply rename the file .mid instead of .mp3 then you email that file as an attachment to your phone for example with verizon wireless the email address is younumber@vzwpics.com you may need to register the email account first at verizonwireless.com

once it gets to ur phone u simply download the sound attachment and set it as your ring ๐Ÿ˜‰

I hate to break it to you. Renaming the file may screw up your phone. A .mid file is a MIDI file that is nothing but a string of tones. And mp3 is a compressed audio file. This is like saying If I put a Harley Davidson logo on my bicycle it'...
(continues)
li_deng888

Mar 31, 2005, 4:22 PM
you can also using this free site:

http://www.funformobile.com/ »

to send youself any audio clips and save as tones.

hope this helps.
ringtonefetish

Apr 19, 2005, 1:25 AM
MatrixM.com - they are offering all of this and provide it at no charge. It's where the real party is happening. Don't waste time with Walmart - get the real 3G now. http://www.matrixm.com you will thank me for this.
just.sin

Jun 2, 2005, 10:47 PM
do you work for MatrixM?
sprydle

May 5, 2005, 3:04 PM
You can do it with any pic on the web...well almost any pick just copy paste the link to the pic in an email and send it to your phone i recommend it be about 500x500 pixels.

Why pay for tones?

Why pay for pics?

๐Ÿคฃ
jkrivjansky

May 6, 2005, 5:30 PM
๐Ÿ˜ณ

Most screens are like 120-170 pixels wide....

Cripes.
THE PRIZEFIGHTER

Jul 18, 2005, 6:45 AM
To download MP3 tones to ur phone, u go to the mp3 on ur pc that u want to send, u right click send to bluetooth..and u select ur phone.......this is assuming ur pc and phone have bluetooth.....
braveheart7

Aug 31, 2005, 10:45 AM
ok I ahve the new Razr v3 and that is bluetooth .... how do i make my pc bluetooth???

I have just purchased a bluetooth adaptor which should be here in a day or two. does that then make my pc bluetooth ?

thanks
ralph_on_me

Sep 1, 2005, 12:43 PM
Once you plug in the bluetooth adaptor (which is likely a USB dongle) and install any applicable software your computer will be capable of bluetooth transfers.
li_deng888

May 27, 2005, 1:31 PM
use this site:

http://www.funformobile.com »

the walmart sample is around 250 kb and for some phones you might need to edit it before sending to your phone. the site has all the tools and info for you to do it. you can even use your cd tracks to make your own ringtones using the steps listed on the site.

hope it helps.
peach85298

Jun 6, 2005, 7:52 PM
you go to walmart.com find the song you want copy the shortcut into your aim then send it as a text message to your phone.....when you get the text message read it then press the menu button select "go to" it will connect you to the site and start to download....it will just cost you the transfer of kb....also i am not sure what phones it works on but it works on mine V551 and the V3....hope it helps
stepanvolf

Jun 17, 2005, 9:39 AM
You can upload mp3 and any other files to your phone by MOBILedit! It handles files, contacts, messages, backups, all you can imagine to do with a cell phone. You can even read books!
stepanvolf

Aug 31, 2005, 9:35 AM
If using Mobiledit you can easily download your own mp3s and other stuff as well, it manages most phone content of many phone models.
jerrydock

Sep 2, 2005, 11:13 AM
Go to www.walmart.com
Select music
Find the album you like and go to the song on the album you like and right click on the mp3 symbol
Save the shortcut
Go to www.suncom.com
click on text message and send your phone # a text message with the message being a paste of the shortcut you saved by right clicking
Open the text message on your phone
Hit the menu and select โ€œgo toโ€ย
Allow the download to complete
Choose โ€œstoreโ€ย
Decide how you want to store the mp3

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.