Home  ›  Forums  ›

Tricked Out

all discussions

show all 6 replies

making ringtones

grohlseven

Dec 26, 2004, 11:15 PM
I have been making ringtones on mobile phone tools and they are not as nice sounding as the ones I downloaded from the Cingular website. They are playing at 32 kbps while the Cingular ones play at 64 kbps. Does anybody know how to get 64 kbps with mobile phone tools or any other software that does?
fishe99

Dec 28, 2004, 12:16 PM
I am using a freeware program called Audacity from www.snapfiles.com which is really easy to open a .mp3 file, cut the part you want and save it. I then just send the file to my v551 via bluetooth. I have created 128K ringtones that sound spectacular.
eric Lin

Dec 28, 2004, 7:20 PM
i use audacity as well, and every ringtone i've made with it makes me happy. with it you can define the bitrate, change the volume, make the ringtone mono (to make it smaller) and do stuff like crop / loop / edit original songfiles so just the part of the song you want plays. plus, damn, it's free. can't beat that with a bat.
grohlseven

Dec 29, 2004, 2:24 PM
Okay, now that I have made the ringtones on audacity how do I move them onto the phone. I have both a usb cable and a motorola bluetooth usb adapter and mobile phone tools but when I use mpt it automatically sends the ringtones set at 32kbps no matter what bitrate I set them at. Can I send ringtones to the phone after they're made without using mpt?
MooNTanG

Jan 7, 2005, 4:48 PM
do you save it as a mp3 or a aup or midi witch one PLEASE HELP ME I'm so close to getting this done but i cant open the files
speck

Jan 8, 2005, 1:11 PM
Depends on the type of phone... If your phone supports *.mp3 that would be the route to go. *.mid is more for monophonic and low polyphonic phones... No clue what aup is.
Brklyn5

Jan 9, 2005, 1:17 PM
.aup is an audacity file format. Save the file as an .mp3 (if your phone supports it) or as a .wav file.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.