Home  ›  Forums  ›

Tricked Out

all discussions

show all 18 replies

help me beat verizon

realrowdy

Oct 26, 2004, 9:34 PM
does anyone have any idea how to bypass the get it now, so we too can enjoy free ring tones. I've looked every where and can't find a way to load ring tones other than the really expensive get it now way.

please help me beat the man, i have a AUDIOVOX 9900 if that helps any.
sammy2

Oct 28, 2004, 12:19 PM
Now why would we support you bi-passing the contractual obligations that you signed? Its a ring tone - this is not life or death. Get over it. blah blah blah a call has come in for you. Do you really require the entire sympthany to let you know that a call has arrived?

Does your ego require a particular tone stroke?

It is a phone.
allmac

Nov 1, 2004, 11:50 PM
sammy2, you are a idiot. Just because he wants to download some ring-tones to customize his phone you give him a lecture about "Contractual obligations" and "egos". your in the wrong forum to be dishing that kind of garbage. he asked a question, if you don't know the answer, then shut the hell up!

as for the question, I wish i could help. I'm sure someone has an answer for you. if all else fails, when your contract it up you can have some fun on the other side of the fence (cingular, attws, t-mobile)
sammy2

Nov 3, 2004, 12:24 PM
Thank you for clarifying your maturity and moral fibre.
kof

Nov 4, 2004, 3:31 PM
if you want to beat verizon you have to do it through the manufactorer of the phone. I know lg and motorola have software that you can connect through usb to download ringtones games and wallpaper. i dont know if audiovox has the same. but good luck they where just bought out
VZdubGANGstarr

Nov 17, 2004, 12:01 AM
of all the video phones verizon has, the 9900 is the only one that isnt capable of receiving midis or mp3s or whatever...on the v710 or vx7000 you can convert an mp3 into a midi then chop it up and pick a part of a song you like and email it to your phone...i was trying to send one to my sister because i got her that phone but it didnt work and verizon level 2 tech support broke it down as to why...hope that helps
alexs

Nov 23, 2004, 10:18 AM
the 9900 can download midis and mp3s and the play just fine - they just need some conversion.
JJMcClain

Nov 5, 2004, 6:47 PM
Not starting a Cingular vs. Verizon thing, but this is why I prefer GSM carriers... No restrictions as to what you can and can't do with the phone... I can go to any thrid party site and download what I wish... My only limitation is memory on the phone... or file types that are supported...
ShunAsa

Nov 2, 2004, 10:00 AM
if that's the case, then, can you explain why you went through the trouble of registering on this site to discuss cellphones? you know, if "it is a phone". Because the only blah blah blah I hear is coming from you. Realrowdy, keep asking around, someone in these forums knows something....believe me.
sammy2

Nov 5, 2004, 7:01 PM
There is plenty of information to share and learn without crossing the line of illegal activity (criminal or civil). I would like to hear the explainations to the shareholders of VZW as to why someone would think it is Ok to ignore a contract that they willingly signed and take money out of the shareholders pocket?
JJMcClain

Nov 5, 2004, 8:36 PM
so it says in VZW contracts that they cannot download from sites other than their own?
pizpiz80

Nov 2, 2004, 10:44 PM
I know there is a way to use mobile web for free. I did it when i had a kyocera slider. I wish i could remember the way to do it.
VZWASO

Nov 7, 2004, 2:55 AM
You can do any mp3 as a ringer on any of the Verizon Video messeging capable phones, you need to cut the clip down to 30 secs then change the bitrate to 24 kbps and make sure it is mono. Then you change the extension from .mp3 to .mid and then send as an email to your phone at 53555553322@vzwpix.com and you can then choose to save it and use it as a ringer
pizpiz80

Nov 7, 2004, 1:17 PM
The 53555553322 that VZWASO refers to is your phone #... for example 2080983942@vzwpix.com. Just thought i'd help out the slow people out there.
realrowdy

Nov 8, 2004, 4:59 PM
ok, i have been on vaction for the last week or so. I would like to thank everyone for the info. And really appreciate those who stood up for me. About that dude sammy, a little rabbit once told me "if you don't have something nice to say, don't say anything at all." (THANKS THUMPER) and thats all i have for you. But for everyone else i did some research and found a site for us deprived verizon people. 3gupload.com. Nope its not free but, its as close as you can get. 5.99 for six months or 9.99 for a year, but you get unlimited down loads for that time.

WARNING: IF YOU SEND YOURSELF THE WALLPAPERS THEY COUNT AGAINST YOUR PIX MESSAGING, (this would be the reason my bill is huge).

3GUPLOAD.COM
Big Poppa

Nov 13, 2004, 11:01 AM
LOL! you still havent figured it out yet!

O.K. you have a camera phone! Take advantage of it!

Sign up for Pix messaging with Verizon! or Else this will cost you $0.25 a message at least!

1st. Go here www.vzwpix.com
2nd. Might be best to go ahead & create a Pix Place account, So click "Register" under the log In section!
3rd. Go back to the main vzwpix.com page, and then click the "Create a Message" link!
4th. Enter the Recipient information (Your Phone Number)
And below you will see what looks like a Film Strip, with to boxes to the left one says "From PC" and the Other "From Pix Place".
5th. Click the Box saying "From PC" It will pop up with a box asking wut you want to add. (Text, Image, or Audio) Select which ever you want.
(continues)
vzworbust

Nov 18, 2004, 8:41 PM
Pay VZW every chance you get, for every payment goes into building more network. Nothing is FREE, that's why your phone works so good on VZW superior network. 😉
alexs

Nov 23, 2004, 10:25 AM
There is a less expensive and legit way to bypass Get it Now to put ringtones on your phone. Just use vzwpix. It costs just 25 cents to download several ringtones to your phone. You just convert the mp3 - you can find the method on the 9900 forum - upload the tones to vzwpix through your pc and then download them to your phone as a "video/audio" message. Works great!
HolmesSPH

Nov 24, 2004, 9:30 AM
Not that im a VZW genius 😉 , but I am an agent, and there is NO WHERE on the eroes contract which says anything regarding ringtones, GetItNow OR anything else which might indicated that the contract will disallow the use of third party ring tone providers.

It is definately in the customers legal rights to persue other methods of getting, and putting ring tones on his phone. As for a shareholder of the company, at least 80% of the money from get it now goes to the shops which are supplying the ringtones DUH! lol im sure there is a fee these companies have to pay to be listed on the GetItNow, but that's probably the only fee which verizon is collecting . I am curious my self about that, if NE one has more info on that reply and let...
(continues)

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.