Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 11 replies

Porting success?

JDigital

May 29, 2004, 2:21 AM
I was just curious about what anybody's experiences have been this past week, now that porting has gone nationwide? Indirect or direct retail, I'm curious about both. We've done about 30 new activations since Monday, which is pretty huge for us. Thursday afternoon I did seven activations in about and hour and a half by myself! I walked in the door from a meeting and all the sudden it went crazy. Anyone else care to share?
MANIAC

May 29, 2004, 7:30 AM
2 attempted ports... 2 Successful ports. One was after the fact, a customer activated 2 weeks ago and now anted to bring his Verizon number over to Nextel... With the EXACT information found on the Verizon bill we ported successfully in less than 4 hours. The other was by the book in EOE using the WNP field to activate the phone shipped activated and the number was ported at that point. Next week we get to attempt a port from Verizon to the local wireless provider RCC dba Unicel... 4 our father and a hail Mary...
DDA

May 29, 2004, 9:19 AM
It has been great for us as well. It hasn't been so much of the crazyness, but just plain steady.
Starr06

May 29, 2004, 9:37 AM
Back in Nov when it first started, it was a bit hectic but since then its calmed down. Not so much craziness, but there haven't been any problems with ports (just as long as the customer has their old bill so we can use the info).

It's all good 😁
GWFOX

May 29, 2004, 12:23 PM
I've only had 2 ports this week personally due to people still being in contract.

Both their ports were complete in 20 and 25 minutes respectively! I could NOT believe it. Their phones rung on INCOMING CALLS before they left the store.

Looks like the carriers are getting their stuff together for the porting system.
VZWCustServ

May 29, 2004, 12:35 PM
As of the 27th all regular ports should take less than 30 min if the cust provides all the correct info. Type 1 ports can take up to 10 days. (Type 1 is when 1 company provides the number but another does the billing.) The most common cause of fallout is the customer providing incorrect information, so get a copy of the OSP bill.
muchdrama

May 29, 2004, 7:31 PM
JDigital said:
I was just curious about what anybody's experiences have been this past week, now that porting has gone nationwide? Indirect or direct retail, I'm curious about both. We've done about 30 new activations since Monday, which is pretty huge for us. Thursday afternoon I did seven activations in about and hour and a half by myself! I walked in the door from a meeting and all the sudden it went crazy. Anyone else care to share?
Well, I think it's because of the fact that I'm in a really large metro area (Miami/Pembroke Pines/Ft. Lauderdale), but I've really had no business as of late. I guess everyone in this top 100 metro area got the porting monkey of their backs. Oh well, thankfully Imaging an...
(continues)
JDigital

May 29, 2004, 7:57 PM
I also sell digital cameras and accessories, because our business began as a camera store and studio... business in digital cameras has been pretty sweet also.
not2brite

Dec 27, 2006, 1:33 PM
10 minutes total are norm!
katrina

Dec 27, 2006, 2:16 PM
Not here it isn't LOL
frankiewawa

Dec 27, 2006, 2:58 PM
wait a minute. I thought you just made a thread in the phoneschool forum section about necroposting. 🙄
not2brite

Dec 27, 2006, 4:11 PM
Seems to be all the rage, so why not be un-original and uncreative...use someone elses work because I'm too lazy to do it myself.

That's the way of PhoneScoop, right!

Check out how many necro-threads there have been in the last 3 weeks...I'm getting in on this trend!

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.