Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 32 replies

Insurance Sucks

Geneticgay

Oct 9, 2006, 11:22 AM
I work for asurion lockline i am so frustrated with this right now people lose there phone six months ago and want us to replace it for free i mean seriously fifty dollars for phone activation and overnight shipping and they don't seem to understand that if they don't report it in sixty days the loss is not covered how hard is that to understand
and people wanting us to give them a different and better phone for free like they expect to get an upgrade for using the ins what does everyone think about the insurance for their carriers
krickt

Oct 9, 2006, 11:26 AM
They are the same people who bring a drowned phone into the store and expect us to fix it because it was broken before they got it wet.
meemeebee

Oct 10, 2006, 8:44 PM
ha ha i feel the same way I work for the insurance and i had a customer call and say they dropped thier phone and it broke in half but before that their screen was freezing up and they should go through waranty and shouldnt have to pay....
kapwww

Oct 9, 2006, 11:30 AM
dumb. that's the best word I can come up with. dumb.
blookiebaby

Oct 9, 2006, 12:47 PM
didn't you know that if you wreck your pinto, you can get an escalade with your car insurance?

yeah, same frame of mind our customers have.

i do admit, using the insurance IS often better than spending the money to buy a phone retail, but i still think it's a ripoff and i work for asurion too. i'd never use it if i had cingular.
Geneticgay

Oct 9, 2006, 5:20 PM
blookiebaby which center are you in?
meemeebee

Oct 10, 2006, 8:46 PM
where are you at ?
blookiebaby

Oct 13, 2006, 8:51 PM
i'm in evans.
jareddude42

Oct 10, 2006, 8:39 PM
yeah its a refurb but its better than nothing right. i got an idea how about people taKE CARE OF THERE SH!t you wouldnt take a 400 dollar tv and through it on the ground in a parking lot or drop it in a hot tub why would you do that to a phone
Shwiggle

Oct 9, 2006, 12:58 PM
Do you work in evans? ๐Ÿ˜ณ
blookiebaby

Oct 9, 2006, 1:15 PM
LMAO ohh dang now i'm gonna be looking around to see who's looking around also.

yes, i work in evans.
Shwiggle

Oct 9, 2006, 1:21 PM
oh well sprint or cingular ๐Ÿคจ
blookiebaby

Oct 9, 2006, 1:22 PM
cingular
Shwiggle

Oct 9, 2006, 1:24 PM
me is sprint
blookiebaby

Oct 9, 2006, 1:27 PM
ok i won't look around crazily then since you can't see me anyway, lol.
MrGoofball

Oct 9, 2006, 1:35 PM
I'm on Cingular so I'll look around crazily for ya if that will make you feel better. ๐Ÿ˜›
blookiebaby

Oct 9, 2006, 1:36 PM
WOOHOO! i feel so special now!

i'm the extremely gorgeous one in the middle.

just kidding, i'm the extremely loud one in the middle, lol.
MrGoofball

Oct 9, 2006, 1:42 PM
Congratulations you narrowed it down to about 20 people lol. James Pam or Paul?
blookiebaby

Oct 9, 2006, 1:43 PM
pam, and i'm right near her cubicle too.
MrGoofball

Oct 9, 2006, 3:45 PM
Are you eating cheetos atm? ๐Ÿ˜›
Geneticgay

Oct 9, 2006, 5:27 PM
i'm in evans too on cingular on jen thomas team back in the back corner all by myself undere a broken tv
WhoDey

Oct 9, 2006, 11:25 PM
You guys need to be cognisant of what you type on here.
Ive been privvy to some terminations due to posting on this very site.

Be careful..
blookiebaby

Oct 13, 2006, 8:55 PM
LOL i probably WAS eating cheetos....now i can't remember.
meemeebee

Oct 10, 2006, 8:48 PM
i take cingular calls...KC
captainplooky

Oct 10, 2006, 1:38 AM

people wanting us to give them a different and better phone for free like they expect to get an upgrade for using the ins what does everyone think about the insurance for their carriers

Reading the actual "Commercial Inland marine Communications Equipment Coverage Certificate" I see that:

Section III.A, LIMITS OF LIABILITY
"PER OCCURRENCE LIMITS
A per occurrence limit of U.S. $1000, applies to each covered Loss for repair or replacement due to Loss or damage to the Covered Property for any one Insured Subscriber. For any one Loss, we will not pay for replacement equipment having a manufacturer's suggested retail value of, or for repair costs that are, more than the per occurrence limit, less the a...
(continues)
independentjoe

Oct 10, 2006, 8:26 PM
๐Ÿ˜ณ
captainplooky

Oct 10, 2006, 9:04 PM
What? ๐Ÿ˜ˆ
independentjoe

Oct 11, 2006, 6:45 PM
I'm surprised you read it.

I haven't seen it all, but what you said makes sense.
meemeebee

Oct 11, 2006, 7:44 AM
im not saying nothing.... ๐Ÿคจ
captainplooky

Oct 11, 2006, 4:03 PM
What? ๐Ÿ˜ˆ
dad2b

Oct 11, 2006, 1:50 PM
i love those people. im a yellow and black technician and we had a lady come in once with her phone DRIPPING WET. i couldnt believe that i had this conversation with her...

Her: i need to speak with the tech.
Me: well youre in luck then, i am the tech.
her: good. my phone's screen is blank.
Me: ๐Ÿ˜ณ ....um.... i think it's because it's dripping wet.... ๐Ÿ™„
Her: huh?? oh, no, that JUST HAPPENED as i was walking in here and the screen has been blank for like 3 days.
me: ๐Ÿ˜ณ ๐Ÿ˜ณ ๐Ÿ˜ณ and....?

needless to say she was angry that we reffered her to lockline. i love stupid people.
meemeebee

Oct 11, 2006, 5:13 PM
i hear that all the time what about when a customer gets upset his phone isnt working so he throws it?.. do you know? Intentional damage.. insurance will not replace .. now that sucks ๐Ÿ˜Ž
blookiebaby

Oct 13, 2006, 9:00 PM
or when they wait three months to call us.

you're had a lost phone for three months and now you're upset we won't replace it?

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.