all discussions

show all 19 replies

The Cucumber Lady

IrishCarBomb

Dec 13, 2008, 12:16 PM
Seriously? Seriously?

M: How are...

C: I need u put 40 on phone

M: I can sell you a card, but I can't just put 40 on a phone...

C: They do it over the phone for me all the time.

M: When you buy in store with cash you get a refill card, if you want to use a debit or CC to refill over the phone you can.

C: They take too long and I don't have a plastic.

M: Ok, so which card did you want?

C: 40 worth

M: 40 worth of what? Did you want a feature card or talk time?

C: Talk time, 40 of talk time!

M: We have many talk time cards, none come to exactly 40, the closest are these 2...

C: This one says 39!

M: Thats before taxes and govt fees, it is 45.63 after those.

C: I have been using you guys for years and i...
(continues)
Menno

Dec 13, 2008, 1:39 PM
Sounds like you got one of our regulars. I'm sorry. 🤣
IrishCarBomb

Dec 13, 2008, 2:37 PM
Yeah, great times! I have been dealing with her for months, never bought anything from me, always just complains and accuses... Her account notes are hilarious, though! Almost worth it!

"CCI/ wanted to activate phone, adv put active SIM in phone, cust said doesn't take a SIM, asked phone brand and model, cust said Verizon, adv cust Verizon phones don't work with us, cust got upset and asked for sup, adv cust sup couldn't activate either, call Verizon if you want it activate."

"CCIS(Cust Came in Store, FYI), demanded a free phone because her friend had gotten one. Edu cust with a 2yr she could. Cust got upset, pulled out Verizon phone, demanded I activate it. Edu cust on difference between Verizon CDMA and our GSM. Cust asked for ...
(continues)
Menno

Dec 13, 2008, 2:56 PM
For every person coming in trying to activate cdma on a gsm there is some guy watlzing into a cdma store that wants to use their "unlocked" phones on verizon.. etc.

I can understand being confused originally, but do you really need to be told every week?
IrishCarBomb

Dec 13, 2008, 3:01 PM
Very true! I think I have it easy compared to the CDMA guys, I am sure they get it worse since the phone is "unlocked" and "any carrier will work"... I just get to tell them the phone doesn't take a SIM card, they have to explain they don't use SIM cards, and so forth.

I understand the confusion, and most people are cool about it. Some, though, are just crazy!
Menno

Dec 13, 2008, 3:54 PM
Yeah, the unlocked phone people are annoying. For some reason, most of them also seem to be rather well off and so they are convinced that they are right and I am stupid for telling them just just because a gsm phone is unlocked doesn't mean you can activate it as a cdma device.
Nadesico81

Dec 15, 2008, 2:59 AM
Thank god here in the UK most carriers sell there phones unlocked. Its nice I have a SE C902 on Vodafone. Some days I put my o2 sim it others I use my Orange Sim.

The sole excemption is 3 (yes 3 is the name of the company) they suck ballz. They have the most complaints out of all the wireless companys here. They gimp there phones and insits on useing a 3 approved devise.

When Im state side I tend to use T-Mobile. ATT is the preferd roaming partner for Vodafone but they sux balls if you ask me. And they refuse to unlock a phone EVER! Even when you finished with the contarct and own the phone.
OfAMightDivine

Dec 13, 2008, 1:55 PM
You should tell us about the cucumber.
IrishCarBomb

Dec 13, 2008, 2:40 PM
I am having a hard time getting exact details on what happened, especially since today is the first I had heard of it... something to do with her tasting the cucumber before buying it, putting it back, and then going off on the produce manager. I have heard a couple different versions of what happended after that, but both include her deep throating multiple cucumbers, one story includes her hitching up her skirt and doing a bit more... The produce manager works on Monday, and I have a good report with him, so I will have to ask him exactly what did go down.
MR.Reme_RHYME

Dec 13, 2008, 3:39 PM
I knew an invisible lady who inserted a cucumber into her ****** and it pickled in a day... Or was that an episode of family guy? 🤣
Fredd

Dec 15, 2008, 12:30 PM
sounds like the startings of a good limerick:

A strange lady took a large cucumber
hoping her passion would not encumber...

hmmm, maybe not that easy! 🤣
DaCoach

Dec 15, 2008, 3:25 PM
I'm still waiting for the update....Don't keep us waiting ICB..
Fredd

Dec 15, 2008, 4:29 PM
sorry, lost the muse - and it would probably get redacted anyways!
IrishCarBomb

Dec 15, 2008, 5:31 PM
Ok, sorry for the delay, I didn't get on until this afternoon, and finally saw the manager...

Official story of the "Cucumber Incident"

Crazy lady is shopping for fresh produce, gets to the cucumbers, and starts feeling them. Produce manager is standing right next to her checking the heads of lettuce for freshness and restocking as needed.

The crazy lady turns to him and asks how fresh the cucumbers are, and the produce manager says he just got done with them so as fresh as possible! Crazy lady says they don't feel very fresh and not very ripe, and proceeds to lick one. She then says they use chemicals to, and doesn't like that.

The produce manager says he is sorry, but it is common practice, and lets her know that she also ha...
(continues)
DaCoach

Dec 16, 2008, 11:01 AM
Heh, with some small edits, you could send that to the penthouse forum....
IrishCarBomb

Dec 16, 2008, 11:04 AM
Lol! Yeah, or you can, I am kinda lazy.
DaCoach

Dec 16, 2008, 11:25 AM
Not that creative...maybe you can get the produce guy to do it, since he lived through it... 😎
IrishCarBomb

Dec 16, 2008, 1:55 PM
Yeah, he seems kinda freaky too, he probably has a lifetime subscription and is a regular letter submitter.
sweetcherrygurl

Dec 15, 2008, 9:42 PM
my favorite pet peeve is when the nonshowering customers come in and say "where are your at&t/tmobile/boost/metro phones?
when the sign behind us is a SEVEN FOOT WIDE VERIZON SIGN.

not to mention the 87 other places in the store where it says verizon and the ZERO places where it gives the name of another carrier. (yes, i went thru and counted all 87 one day)
tanya_ATT

Dec 15, 2008, 9:44 PM
u must have a slow store 2 have time 4 that

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.