Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

Don't you hate......

knn_dm

Jan 31, 2007, 3:40 PM
when you get these idiots from outside marketing companies trying promote their business and get you to join "Their Team". Here's a conversation I had with some schmuck yesterday.

S=Schmuck
M=Me

S-So which company do you represent?

M-All three carriers you see right above my head

S-You looking for any outside work.

M-No not really.

S-Why not? I bet I got offer you more than you make here

M-Oh yeah, How much is that?

S-How about $1000 a month

M-(laughing in my head)Do you have any idea how much I make here.

S-It can't be more than $800 to $900 a month.

M-(Still laughing in my head)Try $3500 to $4000 a month.

...............Long Pause

S-Well, did I mention thats just the minimum amount you can make? No ...
(continues)
alcave21

Jan 31, 2007, 4:07 PM
yeah i had the same thing happen to me last year....but i being the timid individual i was back then took the opportunity and made a little over $60k in only 4 months....but damn it was hard freaking work....i was selling home security systems.....now the company is calling me to come back to work for them as a manager this year its only during the summer.....not sure if i want to do it again..... 😎

what would you do....i mean i average about 3200 a month working for my current employer but you know how that goes.... 😎
kiosk_hell

Jan 31, 2007, 4:11 PM
There is some dude who owns an indirect store in the area and he is always asking us if we want to come work with him and start making "real money". I just laugh at him, but he sticks around and tries to make small talk. I just stare at my computer screen until he goes away.
biznass

Jan 31, 2007, 4:29 PM
Yeah I just started a thread about it the other day...'I sell phones, not Arbonne/Mary Kay'...etc
alcave21

Jan 31, 2007, 4:31 PM
damn and i was just about to subscribe.....and give you the commission.... 😎 😉 🤣

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.