Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 21 replies

Phonebook transfer software/hardware

J0hnnyM

Jan 30, 2007, 1:44 PM
Our Datapilot has crapped out on us. We need a new program/hardware to use in the store to trasnfer phonebooks for our customers.

I've heard of a few others but cannot recall any names.

Can anyone give out a few names of the stuff you use in your store or even link to the site to purchase some corporate kits?

Thanks!
sparxx92562

Jan 30, 2007, 2:08 PM
Cellabrite's machines are good!!
biznass

Jan 30, 2007, 2:22 PM
As a rep I really like Cellebrite. It works well, gets swaps off of phones that our computer can't.
SiestaRandy

Jan 30, 2007, 2:56 PM
I have a Celebrite UME 36 Pro. It not only transfers phonebooks, but pictures, videos, and ringtones as well. It deosnt work 100% of the time, but alot of the other Cell Phone Stores (also known as Competitors) in my city send their customers here to get it done. Now I get a shot at selling them an accessory or something. Its not cheap to buy, but its easy money.
sparxx92562

Jan 30, 2007, 2:59 PM
Works good in your favor..
SiestaRandy

Jan 30, 2007, 3:02 PM
I'll Say! I've sold plenty of Bluetooths to competitors customers who came in for a $10 phonebook transfer.
Cheers.
sparxx92562

Jan 30, 2007, 3:23 PM
i was gonna ask you if you charge em..
krickt

Jan 31, 2007, 1:48 PM
I can't wait to get the UME 36, that sounds like a superstar machine to me!
crystal

Jan 31, 2007, 3:27 PM
use a cellebrite, too. cust. serv. is also great, never busy when we need an update mailed to our store.
krickt

Feb 1, 2007, 1:31 PM
We get them online, and hook the UME into the computer directly. They are really good about getting you new cables very quickly as well.
J0hnnyM

Feb 1, 2007, 10:27 AM
Yea, we've looked at the Cellebrite recently too.

We used to have that damned datapilot and $650 is too much for our store owner apparently.

I haven't seen anywhere that we can purchase a cellebrite. I suppose we just contact the company instead of going out somewhere to buy it?
krickt

Feb 1, 2007, 1:32 PM
As far as I can tell, that's the only way to do it. If I could, I would sell you mine so that I could get the 36, but I just got out voted on that issue.
J0hnnyM

Feb 1, 2007, 1:34 PM
I sent an email to cellebrite to get some information on the 36 and 24. We really don't deal much with SIM cards or anyone else for that matter. Mostly it's for our sprint customers.

It IS unlimited transfers correct?
krickt

Feb 1, 2007, 1:37 PM
The machine is yours to do with as much as you can. We've done a couple thousand. They don't charge you for the use, just the machine. I use the sim reader all the time. When people port over from Tmo, or Cingy, or Dobson, we use the sim reader, it's easier.
J0hnnyM

Feb 1, 2007, 1:39 PM
That's awesome.

I have two cell phone plans (one for personal, one for business) but with that I could merge my numbers.

Datapilot has an "unlimited" plan but only one year's worth of updates on their website so it's kind of a ripoff.

Sounds like the cellebrite is the way to go, I haven't even seen any other type of program/hardware.

How much does the 36pro run?
krickt

Feb 1, 2007, 1:41 PM
I don't know, but the 24 was almost 7hundred
J0hnnyM

Feb 1, 2007, 1:43 PM
Pile of monkey nuts, that's expensive.

Oh wait, our $10 fee just went up to $15!
krickt

Feb 1, 2007, 1:46 PM
Yes, sir, it is. It's not for custie use, it's a business machine.
J0hnnyM

Feb 1, 2007, 2:16 PM
Yea I know, we're using it for our new store we're going to open up.

We HAD datapilot and it doesn't want to do anything anymore. We thought about getting the new software but I thought about some new options instead.
sparxx92562

Feb 1, 2007, 4:00 PM
I hope you know how too.. Transfer Pda phones..If not ill help you
option32

Feb 1, 2007, 4:17 PM
We use ICSS and cellbrite if that helps you out at all.

ICSS isnt too bad, it can be kind of finicky. But the cellbrite machine kicks ass, problem is there is about 100 different chords for the thousands of phones out there so you can do phone to phone transfers from any make and carrier. It can be tedious having to sift through all those chords.
krickt

Feb 2, 2007, 4:23 PM
I'm willing to keep the cords if it means that I can transfer any phone. The only phone I have ever had that wouldn't hook up to the machine was a nasty Sony/Erikson freebie phone. The celebrite said to use a cord that the phone didn't have a place to plug it. But other than that, I have made all phones transfer that have come in. (barring destruction or water, of course.)

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.