Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 16 replies

Insurance claim question..............

razzledazzle

Jan 29, 2007, 5:35 PM
Ok if I put a phone on my account how long to I need to wait before I can do an insurance claim on it?
raycarroll70

Jan 29, 2007, 6:36 PM
All depends on the T&Cs of the wireless carrier and the underwriter of the insurance policy. Please elaborate on your scenario.
3g-g-g-unit

Jan 29, 2007, 6:47 PM
I probably wouldn't, since it sounds fraudulent 👀
razzledazzle

Jan 29, 2007, 6:51 PM
Its with Sprint. I'm just curious because I have a customer who wants to sell his 650 to another customer. That customer wants to file his insurance claim because the touch screen doesn't work on it. I told the customer I didn't know how long or even if he could do it since the phone is not brand new.
raycarroll70

Jan 29, 2007, 6:55 PM
From my understanding, Total Equipment Protection/TEP and Equipment Replacement Protection can only be added within 30 days from the date of purchase or when a customer buys a new phone either at a discounted price or regular price.
razzledazzle

Jan 29, 2007, 6:58 PM
I know that but he already has insurance on his account and it has been my experience that insurance does not get taken off the account unless the customer does that or unless they have filed 3 claims within one year. I also have seen that when a customer buys a phone else where when they put it on the account the insurance just carries over to that phone.
Hombre07

Jan 29, 2007, 7:21 PM
Perhaps I'm wrong, but I thought the phone had to be sent back when the new one came.
Sprint_SAS

Jan 31, 2007, 2:37 PM
yeah, you need to return your last phone if was damaged or something, of course if you lost it, you cant return it hehe, but if you dont return your phone, Asurion will be charge it...
raycarroll70

Jan 29, 2007, 7:49 PM
Ah...Ok, I see what you mean. Good clarification. If you place another handset on the account, the TEP/ERP does transfer to the new one. Technically, a customer can file their claim as soom as the ESN swap is finalized on the account and the first billable call can be verified.
razzledazzle

Jan 31, 2007, 11:26 AM
Thank you for that info. I appreciate it!
Sprint_GSO_NC

Jan 31, 2007, 1:07 PM
that wont work bc once he reports the phone that esn will be locked and they wont be able to reactivate it
razzledazzle

Jan 31, 2007, 3:44 PM
He is first putting the old phone on the account and then going to do the insurance claim and send the old one back to the insurance company. He isn't trying to get a 2 for 1 deal he is trying to get a replacement for the phone he bought from another customer.
OhSoKorny

Jan 29, 2007, 11:21 PM
Thank you, captian obvious. 😉
biznass

Jan 30, 2007, 11:57 AM
Why are you telling them to file an insurance claim? It can be repaired or replaced under ESRP. Do you have a tech in the area? There's no reason for them to pay the $50 deductible unless the phone has liquid damage or the motherboard is exposed.
razzledazzle

Jan 31, 2007, 11:17 AM
The closest repair store in our area is over 100 miles away. Our store no longer has a tech. ☚ī¸
Sprint_GSO_NC

Jan 31, 2007, 1:09 PM
bc they are tryin to get two phones out of the deal i think.. which is pretty shady anyway
option32

Feb 1, 2007, 4:19 PM
typically its 30 days

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.