Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 14 replies

What's there to think about?

kiosk_hell

Jan 26, 2007, 9:57 PM
I think I might have 2 acts...they are discussing it in the food court. If I had been offered this deal, I would jump on it, personally:

*waive act fees on both lines
*one month free
*military 15% discount on monthly bill
*an additional $25 instant rebate on each phone, as well as $100 in MIR
*$100 service credit

I was given permission on the service credit because she had a $150 deposit per line and was going to walk. The rest is current promos, minus the deals on the phone which I added to close the sale. Now it's 5 till close and they are nowhere in sight. I'll give them until 5 after to get back because I'm hard up for a sale, but come on! I hope they don't come in another day expecting me to give away the farm again.
chainsaw

Jan 26, 2007, 10:00 PM
You know in your heart that they won't be back for the simple reason that customers are stupid.
skippyvan

Jan 27, 2007, 2:35 PM
Too much discount too fast. Now you got them thinking they can get a better deal.
kiosk_hell

Jan 27, 2007, 7:07 PM
Probably so, but we need acts and nobody walks. I've never had to offer so much to get someone to sign up before, greedy b*tches.
Crapbag

Jan 26, 2007, 10:04 PM
Now they will walk down to me and ask me for a similar deal. Of course i'll just stare at them until they go away.
kiosk_hell

Jan 26, 2007, 10:13 PM
How friggin rude. They could have at least walked by and said, "no thanks". And that biotch wanted me to put everything I was giving her in writing...sorry, deal is officially off.
Hayate

Jan 26, 2007, 10:28 PM
I hate people that want you to write everything out for them. It's like you know what, if you come back with a piece of paper saying you can have a certain deal, we're still not under any obligation to honor that. Having it written down doesn't really mean anything if it isn't on a legally binding contract.
smilin_monkey

Jan 26, 2007, 10:50 PM
True dat.
biznass

Jan 28, 2007, 2:59 PM
That sucks!
PhoneHero

Jan 27, 2007, 6:51 PM
they probably walked by mobile solution and just offered a free phone instead 🙄
kiosk_hell

Jan 27, 2007, 7:06 PM
Luckily we don't really have any agent stores/kiosks in this mall. The Alltel kiosk that neighbors us is the only one, and they are so slow I'm pretty sure we don't lose any business to them. The rest of the carriers are actual corporate locations as far as I know.

But yeah, they were going to get RAZRs for $25 and I'm guessing they went to Best Buy or something to try to get them for free. Too bad Best Buy isn't waiving act fees and doesn't have a clue how to set them up with the military discount. And they sure as hell aren't going to get a $100 service credit to soften the blow of a $300 deposit. But hey, as long as the POS phones are free...
PhoneHero

Jan 27, 2007, 7:10 PM
don't forget "all cell phone sales are final" with best buy
kiosk_hell

Jan 27, 2007, 7:13 PM
I didn't know that. I'm surprised we haven't had more people in here trying to exchange phones bought at Best Buy. Especially since they have a couple of morons working in cell phones over there. One guy actually called me and asked if *Best Buy* price matched corporate Sprint prices. I was like, "Um, you are asking me if YOUR COMPANY price matches? I...don't know. You might want to ask your manager...or just send the person to us". Wow.
mallbound

Jan 27, 2007, 7:23 PM
If all sales are final why not just buy a phone, cancel in the grace period and since they won't let you return the phone, sell it on ebay as a factory sealed new phone?
PhoneHero

Jan 27, 2007, 7:42 PM
it probably means you can't exchange the phone throu them

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.