Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 9 replies

Verizon annual upgrade

vzwceller

Jan 24, 2007, 11:44 AM
Have any indirect agents for Verizon out there been screwed by the new "annual upgrade" process? I work for a premier agent (meaning I can do the NE2 and early upgrade exceptions as well as some other things) but I'm being denied to process these annual upgrades because its a direct channel only thing. I can't get any of these CSR's to approve anything but the annual upgrade and its caused me to lose 4 fat sales in just 3 days!!!! 👿 👿 👿 Anyone else gettin screwed by this new crap????
dca

Jan 24, 2007, 12:47 PM
Can't answer for VZW but some of the T-Mo & Cingy retailers been seeing it. If you're out of the beaten path when it comes to competition, you're alright. The carriers leave you alone and give you kudos for great sales months. If you're in the middle of some metropolis, more and more carrier-branded stores open and steal some of your prospective market share by enticing them with better deals...
vzwceller

Jan 24, 2007, 1:46 PM
Well my main problem is that even though I'm out kinda in a nowhere area as far as competition goes (the nearest direct store is 23 miles away) they can still do the upgrade with tele-sales. They managed to give our particular stores, which have ALMOST every benefit of a corporate, the shaft because they came up with a new name for the same thing theyve been doin for years and since its got a new name that gives them a reason to say we can't do it. It burns my ass because its essentially the same thing but the name change was just a way to take it back to them directly. It also pisses customers off that they come in and I have to turn them away even though Verizon says sure you can get a new phone. Makes me look bad and hurts my paycheck. I ...
(continues)
jalanjalaning

Jan 25, 2007, 11:50 AM
amen.
vivalasvegas

Jan 24, 2007, 2:59 PM
Are you talking about early upgrades? I'm alos a Premier agent and I have not had any problem with upgrades. The only problems I have had are with merit customers that get early upgrades every year instead of every 2 even thou they have a 2 year contract. Are your customers approved for upgrade in Eroes?
vzwceller

Jan 25, 2007, 11:33 AM
No, its when I call in for exceptions within a couple months of upgrade dates. It used to be done as early upgrades, but now all I can get them to do is this new "annual upgrade".
duckbutter

Jan 24, 2007, 6:02 PM
I've had no problems with this but I would make sure you take the rep on the phone name and Id #. Also take the customer name and mobile # and make sure you forward it to your account manager.
vzwceller

Jan 25, 2007, 11:35 AM
I guess thats what Im gonna have to do, the last time it happened, I wasnt told about it until the app wouldnt get pushed through credit. I had to call in and the credit rep was like well... this is the annual not an "early" so he cant do it with you, sorry. $HlT!!! got me again!
phonemechanic

Jan 25, 2007, 6:01 PM
Well, you're not alone. It just happened to me. And in the process, I had SIX walkouts. I'm pissed 👿 👿 👿
kapwww

Jan 26, 2007, 11:22 AM
It may depend on your region or billing system. In my area, agents can get an early (12 month) for any line billed $59.99 or higher. The "annual upgrade" for My Account Online customers is for any plan $49.99 or higher.

This will only stop me from doing an early for folks on older Family Share plans or VZW may include the old $49.99 500 min plan and I couldn't do that.

VZW (in my region) requires single line plans renewing to go to a current promotional plan be it an early upgrade or regular upgrade. Family Share plans can stay on the same plan even if it's grandfathered unless they are asking for an early. Then they have to go to a current plan.

Local corporate stores have been telling customers on grandfathered plans tha...
(continues)

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.