Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 23 replies

Props to all the call center employees...

T-MoTucson

Jan 23, 2007, 11:05 AM
I just read through a bunch of last "I want to slap customers who..." posts and they are hilarious. I work in a store and I have to admit you have the worst job. I don't know how you guys handle all the knuckleheads out there. You must have some serious patience! Thanks for all your work!
jalanjalaning

Jan 23, 2007, 11:27 AM
yeah but at least the call center employees can slam their heads repeatedly on the desk... we have to keep a straight face and can't transfer the customer... i think it's a close draw on store v. call center.
chocolateman85006

Jan 23, 2007, 11:28 AM
And we don't have to see the customers.
jalanjalaning

or smell them...
chocolateman85006

Jan 23, 2007, 11:50 AM
Very true. Their attitudes stink, isn't that enough?
angeliz

Jan 24, 2007, 10:12 AM
lol call center employees have great times .... lol
SarahJo

I can't tell you how many times I've made the uh... jerking off... reference while people are whining.

Is saying "jerking off" against the phonescoop TOS?
jalanjalaning

Jan 23, 2007, 11:43 AM
oh man i would love to do that now!

i used to work at an ice cream store with a bunch of my friends (best job ever) when someone was ordering and being *bad things here* we would causally grab and ice cream scooper and do... that... to it while they talked... it was amusing to us, anyway!
chocolateman85006

Jan 23, 2007, 11:50 AM
No. I said "jack off" once & didn't get in trouble. Believe me, people says worse things than that.
kiosk_hell

Jan 23, 2007, 11:54 AM
I'd love to transfer a-holes to my coworkers. "I'm sorry sir, I'm going to have to transfer you to ____ over there. He'll be happy to resolve your issue" And then I'll just sit over here on my ass and file my nails.
jalanjalaning

Jan 23, 2007, 12:03 PM
man... that would be awesome...
Nikoletta

Jan 23, 2007, 10:06 PM
But we can't just transfer at will... we'd get fired pretty quick...

We're not allowed to transfer hardly at all around here, they call it Call Avoidance.

They also record EVERYTHING we say... every single call is recorded so we have to tread on glass shards all the time. It can be a boon because we can prove that we did not promise anything of the sort when the customer goes ballistic about wanting a free MDA but it can still be a pain.
T-MoTucson

Jan 23, 2007, 12:49 PM
I know that we have to smell the customers and can't transfer them, but until you've tried to help my mom (God love her) over the phone you don't know how bad it can be!
jalanjalaning

Jan 23, 2007, 12:51 PM
oh dude... i've tried to explain 'double-click' over the phone to these old people who got a broadband aircard... man... that is not fun...
sweetsoprano

Jan 23, 2007, 12:58 PM
jalanjalaning said:
oh dude... i've tried to explain 'double-click' over the phone to these old people who got a broadband aircard... man... that is not fun...

I keep trying to tell people I am NOT the IT department...

I prefer call center to store because I can roll my eyes as much as I please without penalty...I don't have to see, smell, or touch anything touched by customers...and I have my best friend the MUTE button for when I just can't take it anymore.
mapleleaf88

Jan 23, 2007, 12:58 PM
ahhh yes, the blessed mute button! Allowing all the profanities you can muster without getting fired. Lovin' it!
chocolateman85006

Jan 23, 2007, 1:15 PM
It is good, except when your mute button sounds like it's hanging up on them.
SarahJo

Jan 23, 2007, 1:17 PM
No, it's funny. I muted a customer one time and he thought I hung up and he was like "WHAT? B*tch hung up on me!!"

And I unmuted, and he was pretty embarrassed. 😁
chocolateman85006

Jan 23, 2007, 1:18 PM
They get so scared when you do that. 🤣
yodude

Jan 23, 2007, 2:53 PM
Only problem is though that unless you want Quality coming after ya or your supervisor to take you into a nice little meting, you have to be way nice on EVERY call because they could be listening. At least at astore you can be slightly b!tchy and not get into too much trouble.
mapleleaf88

Jan 23, 2007, 4:35 PM
But most of the time (at least at my center) Quality will forgive you if the customer was being rude first. We've gotten away with some pretty crazy stunts around here.
Nikoletta

Jan 23, 2007, 10:09 PM
That's true, we have been able to get a little curt if they start getting rude first but as a rule we have to play sugar and spice and everything nice...

We also catch the flack for EVERYTHING that has EVER gone wrong with the service even if we had NOTHING to do with it, we're just the live person they are going to vent at because if they can't see you vis-a-vis you're not REALLY a person, you're just there to do their bidding.
chocolateman85006

Jan 23, 2007, 12:55 PM
Same thing with bluetooth.
tucson_tmo

Jan 24, 2007, 12:34 PM
hmmm tmo- who be you? i thougt i was the only one who posted on here from t-town

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.