Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 10 replies

drunk in the afternoon...

kapwww

Jan 15, 2007, 4:23 PM
I sometimes have trouble believing how many people come in to my store absolutely stinking of liquor in the mid afternoon. I think some work 3rd shift at one of the many factories around here and they go out to drink after work. Oh well. It's their life. They can do what they want.
krickt

Jan 15, 2007, 4:31 PM
I get people hardly able to stand at 10:00 am! I don't understand how you can be that drunk in the morning.
CptWireless

Jan 15, 2007, 4:50 PM
If they don't get off of work til 6:00 am, then 10:00am is like our evening... or, they just like drinking all day 🤣
krickt

Jan 15, 2007, 4:54 PM
The closest employer with a third shift is 30 miles away, and where do they get the stuff in the morning?
Several of them, I know,are not drinking after anything, they stay that way. They drink a few beers in the morning, work their way to Jack after that and just keep the buzz going all day long. I'm always shocked at the number of people who don't realize that drinking stinks and smoking stinks. And heaven forbid that they do both! You can't wash that smell out.
WTF

Jan 15, 2007, 6:25 PM
breath that smells like Liq is OK.... now breath that reeks of crack... NOT COOL
krickt

Jan 15, 2007, 6:27 PM
I don't know what that smells like. I haven't had anyone come in like that, I guess. Unless it smells a little like household cleaners. I had a weird custie last week that smelled like that.
WTF

Jan 15, 2007, 6:33 PM
smells like burnt sugar.... and no not caramel
krickt

Jan 15, 2007, 6:35 PM
Like burned dry sugar. I know that smell. I think I know someone on crack, man, that's a first for me!
WTF

Jan 15, 2007, 6:40 PM
haha... how do you THINK you kno someone on crack...i used to volunteer at a homeless shelter when i was in highschool. and man the crack heads were everywhere. i can spot a crack head out of a group of methheads. 😁
kapwww

Jan 16, 2007, 9:57 AM
I used to work in one of our "downtown" stores and I would read the local paper just to see how many of our customers ended up in the Police section. Usually drug charges or occassionaly writing bad checks.
jestcuzzgrl

Jan 16, 2007, 10:23 AM
I would drink in the afternoon but only if I wasn't so paranoid 👀

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.