Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 30 replies

Things i've always wanted to tell customers

monkeyracer

Jan 11, 2007, 11:42 PM
-You are a stupid, ignorant asshole that makes my day longer, and hurts my paycheck.

-No, I don't want to go over every single feature of this phone, you probably won't buy it, and I don't like to work for free.

-You bill is so high because you don't know how to use your phone. You have the wrong plan, and don't listen to us trained reps when we tell you to change it.

-I'm not going to change the price on the phone just because you feel you deserve it. Where do you work? Will you change the price on anything if I do? You can't do that? Neither can I!

-You don't need to know what bluetooth is or how it works because the words i'm about to say will fly over your head, I'd rather tell the wall everything about the technology, at lea...
(continues)
rainbowbrite

Jan 12, 2007, 12:55 AM
I have just wanted to say the simplest thing to "Why is my bill so high?"

"Ma'am/Sir, did you even READ your bill this month, or did you just open it up, see the amount and call me to waste my time to read it off for you."
bruce79

Jan 12, 2007, 3:29 AM
I second that statement.

Or what about "How come I've been charged two months this month?" (after purchasing a phone earlier that month)

(What? You think we give you one month for free?)

Or, Do you sell insert other carriers name here's -->.........
craptacularwireless

Jan 12, 2007, 2:30 PM
This is something you can tell the customer whenever they bother you: You shouldn't be alive.
Foamy

Jan 12, 2007, 2:54 PM
When I quit Best Buy I had a rude customer come up to me (I worked in wireless there) after closing within the last couple days I had left. I was tired, annoyed, and quitting anyway so I didn't care.

She tosses 2 Virgin mobile phones on the counter without saying anything. The following conversation went like this.

M- Did you want to purchase those?

C- No, I'm just putting them up here for show (nasty sarcastic attitude)

M- Ok... (give her an evil look)

I continued to ring up the transaction without saying one word other than the total

C- You could at least tell me to have a nice day or something, don't be rude!

(This is about the point I lost it)

M- I'm rude?! You're rude! You come up here and toss the phones on the ...
(continues)
craptacularwireless

Jan 12, 2007, 2:55 PM
I want to do that so badly on my last day here. It would make all the crap I've gone through with customers worth it.
Foamy

Jan 12, 2007, 4:01 PM
I tell you, it was worth it.

That's gotta be the only time I can recall leaving work with a smile on my face.
monkeyracer

Jan 12, 2007, 6:18 PM
one place i worked at (non-wireless, but electronics still) a customer came in on my last day, about an hour before i was set to leave. Their DVD player (built in with a vcr with an extended service plan that covers cleanings) stopped ejecting and ate the "A bugs life DVD"
She wanted me to get the DVD out and was wondering if there was one she could borrow while the tech worked on it when he got back after the weekend.

I told her we don't have spare players just lying around the back, but there would be nothing against her buying one just to return it in three days. I can't get the dvd out, because if I open the cover, the warranty is void because I'm not a tech, he's off. Oh and by the way, there seems to be either peanut butter or some...
(continues)
craptacularwireless

Jan 12, 2007, 6:40 PM
Yeah, because the company you worked for was in the business of putting jelly on DVDs.

Oh, and who would waste the time to actually bring jelly to their work just to not help a customer? Lame.
monkeyracer

Jan 12, 2007, 6:59 PM
I know, i totally came in after I didn't work there, and conspired with the tech and his manager and put jelly on her dvd (and on the unit when she brought it in, i did it really quick) just so she'd have to pay an extra 2 bucks to blockbuster.

I don't think customers understand that when we say we can't do something, it's 98% of the time because we can't, the other 2% is when they are being bitchy and we just don't want to.
toolz

Jan 12, 2007, 7:29 PM
its more like 97% and 3% dont you know ANYTHING 🤣
aavera

Jan 12, 2007, 3:51 PM
Rules for customers:

1.Read the sign on the front of the building, do not walk inside and ask, "Do you sell ____ service here?"

2.Do not come in and ask a thousand questions...better yet, don't even ask ONE if you don't have the intention of bying something!

3.Don't discuss activating a phone for an hour then come back the next day and activate with another sales rep.

4.Do not walk up and simply say, oh, you guys f#@$ed me over! We didn't..the reality is you probably just didn't pay your bill!

5.Do not ask me why you have a security deposit! You know very well that you don't pay your bills!

6.Don't ask for a discount on a phone "because you are a loyal customer!" Frankly, I don't care! I have been buying gas from the same ...
(continues)
craptacularwireless

Jan 12, 2007, 5:07 PM
Reading those reminds of why I want to leave this industry so badly.
toolz

Jan 12, 2007, 5:11 PM
aavera said:
Rules for customers:

2.Do not come in and ask a thousand questions...better yet, don't even ask ONE if you don't have the intention of bying something!

This should apply if I can make the same type rule when i go shopping for something " rule to representative: Dont ask me if you can help me with anything and dont ask me a thousand questions about what i'm looking for and tell me a million things and THEN when i try to brush your pushy butt off with the ole 'i need to talk to my wife' dont continue like I never said a word.

but not all reps are like that as im sure not all customers are ;p
aavera

Jan 12, 2007, 5:14 PM
I'm really not pushy...There was one kid that worked for us that was, and I watched him drive so many people away because of it. Call me a bad sales person for it, but if comeone tells me they don't want it after I explain it to them, I don't sell it to them! I will, however give them my card and ask them to come back to me if they want to add any features!
toolz

Jan 12, 2007, 5:17 PM
o yeah if someone gives me their card and leaves me be i definately go back to them.

my wife and i were shopping for wedding bands and in the mall went in this store where this dude was a serious a-hole, we said we couldnt afford it right now and waved bye as he watched us walk across the hall and buy them from another jewelry store
monkeyracer

Jan 12, 2007, 5:43 PM
first off, when a customer walks in, i ask if there is something I can help with, if they say "just looking, etc" then i walk away.

Don't use the excuse that you have to talk to your spouse.

Any medium to major financial decision (two year contract is easily major) is discussed between the two partners in the relationship. If you are in the research phase, then look online, if you do come to the store, know that almost all sales positions are commissions based, and you better not spend two hours of my time just to give someone else the commission. This excuse is a damn lie. I have a wall of phones you can use to call them. If it's something you drove your happy ass to the store for, it's worth making the call. unless you don't have th...
(continues)
toolz

Jan 12, 2007, 7:33 PM
No i dont think you understood. What im trying to see is dont waste 2 hours of your own time when I say Im just looking.

You, apparently, aren't like the reps that im speaking about. i think i wrote a sentence at the end of my post to avoid this exact response, which i knew someone would chime in in defense. please read the whole post
monkeyracer

Jan 12, 2007, 8:09 PM
i did read the whole post, i saw that last sentence

I was just saying don't lie to me, I'll respect your time to research things more if you tell me the truth, if you just use a standard bs objection, I might try to overcome it by continuing, in turn wasting both of our time.
toolz

Jan 12, 2007, 8:34 PM
no i REALLY hafta talk to my wife
toolz

Jan 12, 2007, 8:39 PM
and it sounds like you're the type of representative I try to avoid in the store...really
monkeyracer

Jan 12, 2007, 11:35 PM
I just think that for the most part, that phrase is just a cop out for somebody who doesn't want a salesman around because they don't want to feel like they are pressured to buy.

Customer walks into my store, I walk up to them and ask if there is anything I can help them with. The customer says, "no, just looking." I say "ok, if you have any questions or want me to point you in the right direction i'll be right over here, my name is ..."
The customer comes back to me to ask me some questions, I answer them and ask for the sale (if it's to that point). They tell me that they need to talk to their spouse. I would tell them why they should buy today. If they still don't, I hand them a card. If they really are coming back, they at least kno...
(continues)
chainsaw

Jan 12, 2007, 5:46 PM
I just thought of this-

"See mr customer, the warranty on your phone is like a gallon of milk. You buy it knowing that is only good till the date on the side of the bottle. If your milk goes sour after the said date, your probably not going to take it back to the store you bought it at asking for a fresh gallon right?"
monkeyracer

Jan 12, 2007, 5:59 PM
so if i drink half of it, and it goes bad before the date do I only get half a gallon back?
toolz

Jan 12, 2007, 7:34 PM
yes, but the half gallon is reconditioned to factory specs
jrtool

Jan 13, 2007, 1:24 AM
Fuc* you Fuc**ng Fuc* 😳
i could say that all day long to smartass cust
spidermon

Jan 13, 2007, 5:10 PM
FU, FU, FU, Your cool, FU, Im out. 😎
MrAbstracto

Jan 13, 2007, 5:28 PM
🤣 I love that movie!
Nikoletta

Jan 14, 2007, 3:10 PM
There's a variation on that one that I always liked.

"You can go to Hell, and You can go to Hell, and You can go to Hell, and You can go to Hell too just so you don't feel left out!"
Nikoletta

Jan 14, 2007, 3:31 PM
"No, you do not deserve anything."

"Shut up and listen."

"You're an idiot and I don't want to deal with you."
monkeyracer

Jan 14, 2007, 4:05 PM
taken from foghorn leghorn -

"Go away kid, ya bother me." (in a southern drawl preferably)

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.