Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 10 replies

Snow Sucks.....My big fat ****

chainsaw

Jan 11, 2007, 4:07 PM
So I really think my employer is puting my life at risk by mandating that I come in to work today considering I almost slid underneath 3 different semi trucks on the freeway in this wretched blizzard. On top of that, it is dead slow! No one is going to treck through this mess to try and buy anything. The only people that have dared come in are people with complaints. I hope risking your life to come make my day a little bit worse is justified for you!
raycarroll70

Jan 11, 2007, 4:11 PM
I take it the **** behind big fat is phone or cone or Coke.
chainsaw

Jan 11, 2007, 4:14 PM
it actually stands for elbow
craptacularwireless

Jan 11, 2007, 4:14 PM
🤣
raycarroll70

Jan 11, 2007, 4:22 PM
Elbow is 5 letters your * is 4 long.
chainsaw

Jan 11, 2007, 4:23 PM
is it? oh damn I guess your right. In that case I guess it means ****.
raycarroll70

Jan 11, 2007, 4:32 PM
Ah...The Rooster!
frankiewawa

Jan 11, 2007, 4:42 PM
Ah... if it isn't RayCarroll... you still have a job with sprint? 😕
monkeyracer

Jan 11, 2007, 7:42 PM
explain it to your boss this way:

Is the 10/hr (or whatever you make) worth more than the $500 deductible the insurance company is going to charge you for sliding into one of the three semis?

It's not, it won't be, and guess what, the 10 people that had complaints will still have them tomorrow after the plows do their work.

In denver we've had three pretty big storms, in three weeks. Our manager calls us one day an hour before the store is to open to tell us we are opening late, then 30 minutes before that time she tells us to not come in. I live in the mountains, the store is about 12 miles away from them, there's always at least twice the snow there. I would rather not get paid, then to not only risk my deductible, but my life too...
(continues)
southtexrep

Jan 11, 2007, 9:09 PM
Snow, call center, hotel, away from family...the situation smells like trouble to me.

I wonder how much after-work partying of various forms among employees was done during that week?
monkeyracer

Jan 11, 2007, 9:27 PM
not sure, just glad that i don't work in a call center.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.