Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 12 replies

Driving Sales

bassplayer

Jan 11, 2007, 2:23 PM
Hey fellow phonescoopers. As you all know I work in a store, and we have dead slow days here just like everyone. Question is, have any of you found a working solution to this problem that actually does attract customers to the store, or how do you raise the sales in your store?

Obviously once the customer is in, encouraging them to buy more accessories and add ons increases revenue, but has anyone here found a way that really works to get more customers into the store?

ANY stupid or brilliant ideas would be great, honestly I just don't want to be bored at work if I could be putting in a little more effort and getting more $$$, plus I'm sure you've thought of ideas no one else has, and they would benefit us all here. Thanks for any ...
(continues)
ralph_on_me

Jan 11, 2007, 2:26 PM
Honestly, this sounds like BS but it works 90% of the time.

Put some food in your mouth. That brings customers in like vultures to a carcass. Especially if the food is only good either hot or cold, but not room temp.
bassplayer

Jan 11, 2007, 2:27 PM
Awesome.
jalanjalaning

Jan 11, 2007, 2:31 PM
i second that.
MrWrightPGT

Jan 11, 2007, 3:36 PM
Very true, I haven't talked to anyone all day then just 5 minutes ago i took a bite of my lunch and outta nowhere comes this 60+ something guy "my phone won't work" i look at it and it's off and has cingular on it(i don't work for cingular) so i pull the battery, put it back in and like magic it turns on 🙄 ...
anyway the moral of the story is, if you want business just start to enjoy a meal..
PhoneyName

Jan 11, 2007, 5:58 PM
You can also step out for a smoke, works every time. 🤣
phonemechanic

Jan 11, 2007, 2:28 PM
Yeah, get a bunch of give-a-ways. Pens, keychains, etc. Just start B.Sing them about what service they have. Once you find out how much longer they have left in their contract, if any time at all, let your pitch begin!
bassplayer

Jan 11, 2007, 2:35 PM
See I don't work at a mall. I think that would be a great idea, but we're just a store in a strip mall.

which isn't the same at all as a mall even though it has the same word.
phonemechanic

Jan 11, 2007, 2:48 PM
It works just as effectivly, though. I'm in a store in a strip mall, too.
jalanjalaning

Jan 11, 2007, 2:31 PM
signs on the door that advertise topless/naked dancers and drink specials.

that was for the stupid column.
kiosk_hell

Jan 11, 2007, 2:40 PM
My RSM seems to think that calling customers and harassing them--oops, I mean telling them all about our great offers--will bring them in in droves. I've made lots of callbacks and not once has the person come in to take advantage of those great deals.

Next week we are handing out water bottles. When all else fails, bribery!
sparxx92562

Jan 11, 2007, 5:51 PM
sign spinner 😎
kapwww

Jan 11, 2007, 7:54 PM
Go through old paperwork and mail out upgrade reminder letters. Offer some type of discount for bringing the letter back in.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.