Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 22 replies

wireless internet cards

jalanjalaning

Jan 11, 2007, 11:26 AM
I work for VZW... I'm not trying to start a debate about what carrier does this better than that carrier...
People have been asking about the broadband cards lately and they ask about the monthly fee which is $60 (and $80 for people who don't use vzw)... they say "well -insert carrier here- has them for -insert price here-"... well, you came up and asked me what the price is for verizon so I told you... by telling me that someone else has them for cheaper doesn't help either of us... I can't make it cheaper and I don't know why soandso carrier only chargers however much... I have no response to that other than "you get what you pay for" (which isn't always true, but what else am i supposed to say?)
But seriously, how am I expected to sell...
(continues)
lknjedi

Jan 11, 2007, 11:28 AM
I sell for ALltel and it is the same thing.. the biggest rebuttle you have is that Verizon has a superior network to most other carriers.
jalanjalaning

Jan 11, 2007, 11:33 AM
that's what i say... but the sticker shock prevents making any sales... people are only interested in the bottom line... not that i blame them...
lknjedi

Jan 11, 2007, 11:43 AM
our National Unlimited access is $59.99 (with a voice plan of course). I think that it is expensive, but at least the network is good.
DJ Parkay

Jan 11, 2007, 1:28 PM
Ya and the "Can you hear me" guy looks like a child molester.
raycarroll70

Jan 11, 2007, 6:20 PM
Sprint right now is offering consumer accounts the Sprint Mobile Broadband Card PX-500 by Pantech Wireless for FREE after mail in rebate(pay $49.99 plus applicable at time of activation) as well as the Sprint Mobile Broadband USM Modem by Novatel Wireless(the Ovation U720) for $49.99 after mail in rebate(pay $99.99 plus applicable tax at time of activation). The current promotion is you can sign up for their $59.99 unlimited Broadband Data Plan WITHOUT having to have a wireless voice service plan.
chainsaw

Jan 11, 2007, 6:45 PM
How is that so fantastic? It seems average.
ralph_on_me

Jan 11, 2007, 6:47 PM
well them not requiring a voice service is pretty unique. The laptop cards aren't much though. We've got two UMTS cards which are free after rebate, but you only get the $60 service option if you have a voice line.
raycarroll70

Jan 11, 2007, 9:05 PM
Like I said, power up with Sprint for broadband wireless access on your home PC as well as your laptop.
kapwww

Jan 12, 2007, 12:43 PM
Wow raycarroll70. I don't want to be too mean...just a little...but you're straight out of a training video. I don't even know you and I can see the puppet strings attached to your limbs.

I guess if you love what you do and you are truly successful, good luck and go for it...
ralph_on_me

Jan 12, 2007, 12:47 PM
Or you could go with a service provider that offers home internet, home phone, television, and wireless service all under one company like Verizon or ATT.
pimpdaddy008

Jan 11, 2007, 11:54 AM
all plans and pricing is diffrent and there is a reason. T-mobile has terrible reception over all in the new york area compared to verizon. Thats why they have to offer more minutes for the same price otherwise why choose them. You get what you pay for and thats what i tell my customers. My theory was always that the only people that signed up for another carrier other then Verizon was people that just dont know about the diffrence in reception or were people that were cheap. And i thought that before i worked for verizon and sold the other carriers.Its such a diffrence in service and i would never go back to the other providers. No one ever comes to me to tell me that the service sux and it doesnt work here or there which is all i would her...
(continues)
jalanjalaning

Jan 11, 2007, 12:01 PM
yeah, i have t-mobile and sometimes it sucks, but the little amounts of suckingness (oh yeah, i made that a word) are worth it for the amount i save on my bill compared to when i had verizon... (I have a blackberry with unlim internet and texts for $70/month while the same thing with verizon would be $100/month, and that's not even unlimited text and not to mention i would have to pay for tethering, too)

But you get what you pay for!!
i just wish my potential customers understood that!
WhoDey

Jan 11, 2007, 6:43 PM
Please, when I worked for Verizon in customer care, I heard nothing but "CAN YOU HEAR ME NOW???!!! #$#$#%*&@%@ing VERIZON" all damn day long, now I hear the same with Sprint.

No carrier is any better than any other, they will all screw you in some way or another, and they will ALL have issues. Find the one that has the least issues where you habitate.
kapwww

Jan 11, 2007, 12:02 PM
I pay $45.00 per month for CABLE service where I can't leave my house and still use it. If I traveled for work or pleasure (RV junkie or something like that) I would be happy to pay the extra $15.00 for complete mobility.

There are some areas of the country where cable or DSL is still running $60.00 per month.

That's what I tell most of my customers. We also have a dialup provider in our aread that's $20.00 per month for dirt slow service. I tell them that I can give them service that will average 10x faster without charging them 10x the amount. People are just a bunch of cheaps &#*$s because of companies like Walmart and they think the service should be free.
ralph_on_me

Jan 11, 2007, 1:39 PM
I pay $60 a month for cable, but I've got a higher bandwidth than most people.

Cingular charges the exact same price for data service as Verizon. The only one that competes in service and costs less is Sprint. If that's where they wanna go, I let them.
DJ Parkay

Jan 11, 2007, 1:27 PM
I sure hope VSW keeps there prices high!
sparxx92562

Jan 11, 2007, 6:15 PM
I think are pricing is good. We are like a Mercedez-Benz compare to hondas and Acuras. Like you said, you get what you pay for.
learn how to sell chump...
chainsaw

Jan 11, 2007, 6:21 PM
So, acuras and hondas are reliable, just as fast, and are a lot cheaper to maintain than benzos.
sparxx92562

Jan 11, 2007, 6:23 PM
Everybody has warranties right?
chainsaw

Jan 11, 2007, 6:24 PM
Your mom does.
sparxx92562

Jan 11, 2007, 6:25 PM
u a chump
chainsaw

Jan 11, 2007, 6:31 PM
your mom's a chump because she didn't abort you.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.