Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

Ok, well first, I'm not going to be apologizing for anything.

Nikoletta

Jan 7, 2007, 5:13 PM
Sooooo...

This woman calls in and starts off with (the dreaded) I've been on this call for 18 hours and been transfered 7 times. I know you didn't start this but... (but I'm going to take it out on you anyways.) And you can apologize all you want but I want this fixed!" Tirade.

Ok, first, with the way you're behaving, I'm not going to be apologizing for anything I didn't do since clearly it's not going to do anything toward placating you anyways... if I though it would help certainly but in your case, nope.

Why do people think that having a fit like that is going to get them cooperation? It makes me go "Well hell, this is going to be an impossible problem, probably has nothing to do with my department, she's been such a psycho a...
(continues)
SatansQueen

Jan 7, 2007, 5:22 PM
Its sad, but usually by the time people get to me they have been transfered 3+ times, so I really do hear it.

"I was transfered to you by the customer service/tech support/other person, DON'T YOU HAVE MY INFORMATION"

No sir, I left my crystal ball at home today

After getting the phone number, AH name and PW. "Don't you know what my issue is?"

No, again, no crystal ball and magic 8 ball says ask again later, notes say "CTI" how insightful 🤨

"My blue tooth (sounded out as 2 words) doesn't work"

Again, what a wonderful description of the problem, go get a rotary landline dufus *dueling banjos in background*
southtexrep

Jan 7, 2007, 5:28 PM
Crystal ball reference...very funny 🤣
Nikoletta

Jan 7, 2007, 6:14 PM
The first time I asked her not to swear and me and warned her that further profanities would not be tolerated she ranted "If you do I'll report you."

"That's fine ma'am, my name is spelled N, like Nancy, I K, Like Kung Fu, O L E T, like Thomas, T, A, Like apple, my last initial is W, like weather, and my agent ID is 12345678. They record all our calls so if needed they can pull this call up to review it. The date stamp on the call will be 7 January, the time, stamp will be 1 pm. Or policy, however, is that profanities are not acceptable toward our agents."

She didn't care for THAT response either but I'm secure in my knowledge that I follow policy to the letter and that I actually gave her two more warnings than we are required. ...
(continues)
Nikoletta

Jan 7, 2007, 7:11 PM
She just called again, and is speaking with me. She doesn't remember me, my name, or my voice apparently... I remember her and her name.

I wanted to say "Ma'am, I'll be happy to help you as long as you don't swear at me again." I didn't, I pretended I'd never spoken to her again.

Somebody must have eventually hung up on her or done something rather drastic to get her attention because she was much nicer this time.

I do feel a little bad for her, she's been on the phone for a while at least because it was about 3 hours ago that I spoke to her, but she said she had to get off the phone back then so it could be a second round of calls.

I wish people would learn that things get fixed a heck of a lot faster if you're nice and we can...
(continues)

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.