Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 40 replies

Yes. I'm cocky - this is what my co-workers deal with.

smorris

Jan 6, 2007, 7:55 PM
Most of my co-workers read my posts here. I know this. Despite this, I still ream them with every chance I get.

Actually, I don't ream them all, and in fact, I don't ream myself - at all.

Everyone here seems to think that I am ****y, and that I don't point out my weak points. So, here are my main weak points - and in turn, why everyone I work with doesn't really care.

I show up every day to work with red eyes, hung over, and in a grouchy mood. It's because I drink and party really hard - every single night. And that's okay.

Generally, I show up late. 30 minutes usually. Sometimes I'm on time. I'm usually on time if I stayed up all night drinking and never went to sleep.

Most days, I spend my time talk ...
(continues)
Willwise

Jan 6, 2007, 8:03 PM
two words d-bag
smorris

Jan 6, 2007, 8:07 PM
Aw? Looks like someone's angry that I get more play than they do...

...It's okay. We all can't be as awesome as me.
Willwise

Jan 6, 2007, 8:16 PM
i guess you found out my secret. I having never met you am jelous of the action you claim to get well my bad you P.I.M.P you
wombough

Jan 7, 2007, 7:42 PM
I wish I could spend time in holding cells thats a dream of mine. And let me tell you something. It doesn't matter how much you make a company you will get fired from what you CLAIM to do eventually. You are acting like the company would fail if they didn't have your god like selling! I think not everyone is replaceable. When a person comes along that is as good or better without all the drama you claim you have. They will say bye bye!
kiosk_hell

Jan 6, 2007, 8:04 PM
Why do you try so hard to impress strangers on the internet?
smorris

Jan 6, 2007, 8:06 PM
Why does your girlfriend try so hard to get with me?
kiosk_hell

Jan 6, 2007, 8:09 PM
TOUCHE'! Except, wait, I'm a married, straight female.
smorris

Jan 6, 2007, 8:11 PM
I turned your husband gay. That's how good looking - AND hyphy I am.
wombough

Jan 7, 2007, 7:43 PM
you are a 12 yr old child playing on the net!
smorris

Jan 6, 2007, 8:10 PM
...at the end of the day, I go back to my awesome life filled with beautiful women, and all the people who hate hardcore - go back to watch Soapnet and cry at their apartments - while eating Ben and Jerry's ice cream.

I already got invited to one party tonight, and it's only 8:00.

Word.
alcave21

Jan 6, 2007, 8:19 PM
that is all fine and dandy but there is no party until i get to the place....i am the freaking party bro....and ilive just like you.....well without the wana be gaydom and turning husbands into ****suckers part...and yeah having to be invited to parties is lame you should always know when and where every party is and then make a decision on who to go with....that is the truth about me.....but anyways bro live on and live off...either way we all end up the same way in the end......

BUDDHA BE WITH YOU!!!!!
smorris

Jan 6, 2007, 8:38 PM
Seriously glad to see this place isn't filled with losers who hate me because I outsell them.
alcave21

Jan 6, 2007, 8:47 PM
haha yeah your telling me....at my store i have ranked number one in the company 6 month in a roll.....and i just cleared 47000 for last year.......which is i guess pretty decent for beng just a sales rep for a local cellular company......right?..... 😎

but anyways.....that is how we do it in the south....even though im from new york....lol....
Tampa_VZW_Jim

Jan 6, 2007, 8:28 PM
damn, it's too bad phonescoop doesn't have a year book. I'm sure you'd have the "Most Likely To Obtain A Venerial Disease" award all wrapped up...Or maybe "Most Likely To Die Alone".
smorris

Jan 6, 2007, 8:41 PM
Most likely to obtain a VD? Dude... already been there, took the pill and got rid of it.

Piece of advice - don't sleep with strippers in Denver.
alcave21

Jan 6, 2007, 8:44 PM
i concur....... 😎
Tampa_VZW_Jim

Jan 6, 2007, 8:58 PM
Way to be proud of the fact that you put your pole in dingy holes. I'm glad your successful, but there's better ways to represent yourself.
sweetsoprano

Jan 8, 2007, 8:36 AM
He's what I like to call a PAV (Potential AIDS Victim).
chainsaw

Jan 6, 2007, 8:45 PM
And you wonder why you didn't get promoted.
smorris

Jan 6, 2007, 8:50 PM
Obviously, you're mildly retarded. It's okay though. Retards can still procreate.
chainsaw

Jan 6, 2007, 8:52 PM
Well, you b!tched before about not getting promoted. Once you pointed out all your faults it makes sense why you didn't get the job.
Willwise

Jan 6, 2007, 8:56 PM
chainsaw it is painfully clear that you are just jealous of all the great stuff he has everyone wishes they where smorris. even though he is clearly over compensating for having a small, well.......
chainsaw

Jan 6, 2007, 8:57 PM
No, I just know what it takes to be a decent manager and he doesn't fit the bill.
smorris

Jan 6, 2007, 9:04 PM
I don't want your job homey.

I make more money than you.

LOL.
chainsaw

Jan 6, 2007, 9:07 PM
You have my job already BRO!
crystal

Jan 6, 2007, 11:28 PM
i'm starting to lean towards this being some big, fanatical joke?

i don't know...smorris is just a forum troll now...
smorris

Jan 7, 2007, 12:20 PM
Me? Saying things just for effect to piss people off?

No way...
chainsaw

Jan 6, 2007, 11:45 PM
Shane-
Before I bow down to your greatness I wanna know something. You always talk about how you make more money than everyone else and you are a top rep for activations yet I have never seen a number put to it. How much do you make? How many phones do you average a month including upgrades? Do you work indirect? How many phones does your store do on average a month? How many people work at your store?
smorris

Jan 7, 2007, 5:27 PM
First and foremost, remember one HUGE thing. I am bilingual. I speak both English and Spanish. Being able to sell to TWO completely different demographics is how I make my money. That's why I do the volume I do, and make the money I make.

I am a white male, who is well dressed. I cater to both the rich white people, and poor Spanish speaking people. It works REALLY well.

And after you read all this, you'll likely want to cry B.S. - and go right ahead. I won't care. You asked, I'm telling you straight.

1. I work Cingular indirect.

(The numbers I'm giving you now are for my numbers with Cingular - I did work for Verizon Corporate for a short stint, and since it was a corporate location, I naturally had more phon...
(continues)
southtexrep

Jan 7, 2007, 5:30 PM
Just "Spanish speaking people" would've worked just fine here ya know. 😕
smorris

Jan 7, 2007, 5:31 PM
You're in south Texas and you don't speak Spanish?

I learned from my stepdad, who is a linguist of sorts... the dude knows like 5 languages.

Spanish made me a LOT of money in California.
southtexrep

Jan 7, 2007, 5:46 PM
Lo hablo muy bien, but, back to my point.

I was referring to where you said the "rich white people and ther poor spanish..."

It was just an interesting choice of words
smorris

Jan 7, 2007, 5:55 PM
The Spanish speaking people I sell to around here aren't anywhere remotely approaching affluence.

In south Texas, it exists, but not here in Western North Carolina.

(There are a few Spanish speaking people in Cali with money, but not many...)
alcave21

Jan 7, 2007, 5:57 PM
yeah and they own the cartels......from tia juan to frisco..... 🤣
chainsaw

Jan 7, 2007, 7:12 PM
Those are some pretty good numbers. How much do you make on data plans? Personally I feel like my company is lying to us when they tell us how much commission cingular pays us for pda connect and blackberry unlimited plans. It sounds like you work for a good company that pays well. I sold 89 phones last month and only made about 3600 before taxes.
Hayate

Jan 7, 2007, 7:29 PM
My company screws us on features. We get $10 commission for Media Basic or Works, Message Extreme, or any Media Max package. The prices per month on those ranges from $10-$40 and our company's profit on those ranges from $30-$85 or something. For some reason though, they only pay us $10 on each of them.
SatansQueen

Jan 7, 2007, 7:30 PM
Wow, you guys make alot in commision maybe I am doing the wrong thing being in ATS, maybe I should go work in a store and sell the phones instead of fixing them
chainsaw

Jan 7, 2007, 7:38 PM
Yeah you should. You'd make a lot more.
chainsaw

Jan 7, 2007, 7:37 PM
We get a certain percentage of the gross profit depending on our total monthly sales. What doesn't make sense is that if I seel and unlimited PDA connect with the 1000 messages our company says that cingular only pays them 49.99 but on a messaging extreme we get 79.99 It doesn't make sense.
chainsaw

Jan 7, 2007, 7:38 PM
Where do you get the phones you sell on ebay?

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.