Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 11 replies

We do as we are taught.

nuckinfutzvzw

Jan 6, 2007, 1:59 PM
We complain about our idiot customers calling/coming in with the most idiotic requests/demands for credit or new phones or whatever but where did they get this idea from.

The fact is that people know if they scream loud enough they will get whatever they want because a sup would rather give a credit than follow policy and have this escalate to thier boss.

All too often sups capitulate to customer demands before they even here the entire story. To make matters worse, instead of the sup taking the call and handling the credit they want the rep to do it. So now that you been going back and forth for 30 mins and the customer has called you everything under the sun you get to go back to them and give them what they want; very demoralizing...
(continues)
sweetsoprano

Jan 6, 2007, 2:32 PM
Yes, do keep us posted. 🙂
craptacularwireless

Jan 6, 2007, 2:38 PM
🤣

This is what has become of American society. It sucks.
crystal

Jan 6, 2007, 3:10 PM
it is pretty pathetic. they have us by the balls (figuratively, of course), and they know it. it's a shame when you work in a small town, too, because some of these people are neighbors that you always thought were so kind.
southtexrep

Jan 6, 2007, 5:33 PM
I agree with you. It happens alot, especially now that I don't really transfer calls to my sup, but instead transfer into an escalation queue, and get any random "sup" that is available.

If the sup is not following policy, you can't be held accountable for insubordination. The company's policies should come first.

Let us know what happens
biznass

Jan 6, 2007, 5:34 PM
We have an RSM who is AWESOME and is not afraid to say no to people! I love it when she comes to visit and people get all loud. She takes care of it reeeeal quick!
mallbound

Jan 6, 2007, 5:36 PM
Who's the RSM up there candice?
biznass

Jan 6, 2007, 6:13 PM
If I tell you that I'd have to kill you but it's not that same as yours, Aaron.
Hayate

Jan 6, 2007, 7:28 PM
It's sad, but it's true. The most irritating and humiliating thing I've ever dealt with at work was a situation very similar to this one. I had just taken over the busiest store in the state and it was on a Sunday (we were always packed on Sunday).

There was a line of literally 20 people between the two registers we had. A lady got to the front of the line and wanted a $20 N64 game and wanted to pay entirely in unrolled pennies and nickles. I looked at the huge angry mob behind her and turned down the change. I told her she could pay with credit or debit or bills, but I couldn't hold up the line for her to count out $20 in pennies and nickles.

She got angry and started yelling and I eventually just helped the next person in line. ...
(continues)
biznass

Jan 6, 2007, 7:43 PM
Yeah that sucks. Only people who aren't in your situation make decisions like that.

I mean corporate people always seem to be telling store employees that they have done something wrong but corporate people have never worked in the retail stores and therefore have never been in the situation...
Hayate

Jan 6, 2007, 7:52 PM
Yeah, it's frustrating as hell. A couple friends and I are planning on opening our own game store in about five years and I will never do that to any of our employees. These corporate people have no idea the effect that kind of crap has on morale.
kiosk_hell

Jan 6, 2007, 8:03 PM
I hate it when managers won't back up their employees. If they want us to make judgement calls regarding customer complaints and following policy, they should back us up when a customer wants to escalate.

I remember a few months ago this kid tried to return a phone with tons of scratches on it. I told him I couldn't take it back and he pitched a fit and wanted to see a manager. Well, at this location we kind of ARE the managers but luckily our ASM from the main store had just dropped off some stuff for us and was still in the mall. I ran and grabbed her, fully expecting her to let him do the return, but she took one look at the phone and told him no. Finally, VINDICATION! Of course that kid went on to cause all sorts of problems includin...
(continues)

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.